Chelsea vs. Liverpool

Super_Steve_Howey

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kept telling myself I'd rather have Chelsea win it, but when Robben missed that penalty I punched the air, ejaculated loudly (:)) and realised my heart had betrayed my brain once again. :(

.............. ejaculated loudly .............

How come? when I come it comes quietly. :)

At your age I'd expect it to be more of a dribble, to be honest. :)

:(

.............. ejaculated loudly .............

How come? when I come it comes quietly. <_<

At your age I'd expect it to be more of a dribble, to be honest. :)

Well if that were true (and I'm not saying it is) just think what you can expect when you get to be my age. :)

Guest alex

Don't care what any of the pundits reckon that wasn't a great game. Exciting but not much football on display. Fair play to Liverpool though, they were the better side - in terms of closing down the opposition and they were the only team who played any football. Clever free-kick for the goal too, plus Kuyt's 'goal' was a very tight decision (probably just offside) and they also hit the bar. Chelsea on the other hand just hoofed it up to Drogba all night and although they had more and more possession as the match went on, they didn't do much with it.

When did they change the offside rule (AGAIN) to "any part of your party that you can feasibly strike the ball with" being ahead of the defender = offside. Fucking ridiculous!

What happens if you're leaning forward so your head is offside (!?) but you end up knocking it in with your foot?

Guest alex

When did they change the offside rule (AGAIN) to "any part of your party that you can feasibly strike the ball with" being ahead of the defender = offside. Fucking ridiculous!

What happens if you're leaning forward so your head is offside (!?) but you end up knocking it in with your foot?

Think it changed in the last close season. I reckon its better that way as there is less of a 'grey area'.

Think it changed in the last close season. I reckon its better that way as there is less of a 'grey area'.

I thought "daylight" made more sense tbh.

You sure that wasn't just Clive Tyldsley's interpretation of it?? Fucking bollocks IMO, it was never offside.

They pointed it out on Talksport this morning, the linesman was slightly Kuyt and therefore quasimodo was obstructing the linesman's view of the Chelsea player on the far side who was playing him on...

Guest alex

I thought "daylight" made more sense tbh.

I think that's unfair on the defender. Level is onside, if you're ahead in any way you're off. As for the decision itself, I don't think you can blame the official for getting it 'wrong' as I'm not even sure it was and it was very tight. I would imagine it looked a yard offside in real time from where he saw it. Also, I thought the ref had a great game.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1263728,00.html

Chelsea FC Bosses 'On Missing Helicopter'

Updated: 09:20, Wednesday May 02, 2007

Sky News understands that senior Chelsea FC officials were on board a private helicopter that disappeared off radar screens last night.

Chelsea FC say they are not aware of any officials being involved in an accident.

Police have not confirmed who was on board the craft.

The helicopter left John Lennon Airport in Liverpool last night and was heading to a private landing site near Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, when it vanished.

Rescue teams are searching an area around the north Midlands.

A police spokeswoman said: "Details are sketchy at the moment.

"The helicopter, we believe, had about four or five people on board and was a twin-engine Squirrel.

"It left John Lennon Airport in Liverpool at about 11pm last night and was on its way to a private address near Peterborough.

"It appears to have disappeared off the radar. At the moment we are trying to find out more.

"The best case scenario is that it has made an emergency landing somewhere."