Roeder

Great Toon

I think that we should keep Roeder as Manager and give the funds to do the Job because clubs who alsways sack their managers always do worse if you look at the top teams they have managers in place a long time and are able to build a team. roeder has not been able to build a team, agreed we need a defence but he has not been able to but players in that area. If he buys well this summer and most important early in the summer then we could get off to a good start next season. I then we have to look at what has come out of the youngs team he has been in charge of. eg. Egdar. do not tell me he has not brought him on or he would come anyway.

I don't hate him - that is such an immotive expression - its more a complete lack of trust in his ability to sit on a toilet seat correctly never mind manage one of the top teams in the english league that troubles me

top teams :D tbh

Why do I dislike Roeder?

From respecting the man as a former player and what he's been through, I got rapidly bored of reading good quotes from him, and then him completely contradicting those quotes in his actions. Granted, the causes of some of those actions are down to Fred / the players / the bank balance, but at the end of the day, they don't go away next season either.

I only oppose Roeder leaving on the basis of it meaning less disruption and less waste of money, and also out of severe doubt that anyone else wants the job. I have absolutely no expectation we will go anywhere with Roeder. In fact I don't see us going anywhere for 20 years unless there is a major buyout.

Why do I dislike Roeder?

From respecting the man as a former player and what he's been through, I got rapidly bored of reading good quotes from him, and then him completely contradicting those quotes in his actions. Granted, the causes of some of those actions are down to Fred / the players / the bank balance, but at the end of the day, they don't go away next season either.

I only oppose Roeder leaving on the basis of it meaning less disruption and less waste of money, and also out of severe doubt that anyone else wants the job. I have absolutely no expectation we will go anywhere with Roeder. In fact I don't see us going anywhere for 20 years unless there is a major buyout.

Have to agree with that :D

I think that we should keep Roeder as Manager and give the funds to do the Job because clubs who alsways sack their managers always do worse if you look at the top teams they have managers in place a long time and are able to build a team. roeder has not been able to build a team, agreed we need a defence but he has not been able to but players in that area. If he buys well this summer and most important early in the summer then we could get off to a good start next season. I then we have to look at what has come out of the youngs team he has been in charge of. eg. Egdar. do not tell me he has not brought him on or he would come anyway.

:D

The old top teams keep their managers routine. Bollocks, it's top managers keep their jobs and make top teams. If you are trying to compare the ability of Roeder to that of Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, or Benitez then you are deluded. In fact, there is not another manager in the premiership with a record as bad as Roeder's. We are going nowhere with this moron in charge, except possibly down.

Out of interest, do you actually pay your own money to watch Roeder's crap teams?

:D

The old top teams keep their managers routine. Bollocks, it's top managers keep their jobs and make top teams. If you are trying to compare the ability of Roeder to that of Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, or Benitez then you are deluded. In fact, there is not another manager in the premiership with a record as bad as Roeder's. We are going nowhere with this moron in charge, except possibly down.

Out of interest, do you actually pay your own money to watch Roeder's crap teams?

Who in reality would everyone have? personally if he does go hitzfeld would be my choice.

and yes I do pay to watch his team over that last 30 years there have ben far worse teams roeder's I remember being bottom of the old second division that was fun, a victory away at Port Vale being the achievement of the season

:rolleyes:

Who in reality would everyone have? personally if he does go hitzfeld would be my choice.

and yes I do pay to watch his team over that last 30 years there have ben far worse teams roeder's I remember being bottom of the old second division that was fun, a victory away at Port Vale being the achievement of the season

FYP. Roeder isn't good enough. That is obvious. Who would I have in charge? Someone better. It's not our job to recruit the manager, players, or decide who is worthy of replacing the current board.

It is, however, our prerogative to point out inadequacies.

On that score we have them in spades in the boardroom, squad and in terms of football management.

I don't hate Roeder at all. I like him, but I don't think he's good enough.

Having said that, we should be very careful before we get rid of him because as I've said many times sacking managers without thinking about the replacement is what has costed us previously. That's the way we ended up with Souness, and for what it's worth, I prefer Roeder to Souness because at least Roeder is a decent bloke as opposed to an utter knob.

If/when Roeder goes it should be because we know who we want and know we can get them.

I don't hate Roeder at all. I like him, but I don't think he's good enough.

Having said that, we should be very careful before we get rid of him because as I've said many times sacking managers without thinking about the replacement is what has costed us previously. That's the way we ended up with Souness, and for what it's worth, I prefer Roeder to Souness because at least Roeder is a decent bloke as opposed to an utter knob.

If/when Roeder goes it should be because we know who we want and know we can get them.

Out of interest, what makes you think Roeder is a decent person, not that it matters? I have heard quite a lot of negative things about him as it happens. He talks shite, that's for certain.

And Great Toon, I felt I had to ask you about going to games because no-one I know who goes to games shares your opinion and many of them are given up their STs next year because of Shepherd and Roeder. I find it incredible that a person who has witnessed the teams of Keegan and Robson would settle for a Roeder team, mind, there used to be a poster on here who agreed with you. :rolleyes:

The only team to have kept their manager through the bad times is Man United. Wenger pretty much started winning as soon as he went there (and his team certainly played nice football), both Liverpool and Chelsea have been through a few managers.

Any other successful teams which have stuck by their manager who I can't think of?

I think Roeder is well respected as a coach. Not sure about his managerial ability but i would tempted to give him a season to prove it. If he can get some decent defnders to plug the hole, then im sure Martins, Owen and shola have goals in them at the other end.

The only team to have kept their manager through the bad times is Man United. Wenger pretty much started winning as soon as he went there (and his team certainly played nice football), both Liverpool and Chelsea have been through a few managers.

Any other successful teams which have stuck by their manager who I can't think of?

Even Ferguson came 2nd in his first full year and had a hugely impressive CV at Aberdeen behind him though.

You could argue Everton have stuck by Moyes. Coppell must have had a few critics, and Sheff Utd have definitely stuck by Warnock.

You could argue Everton have stuck by Moyes. Coppell must have had a few critics, and Sheff Utd have definitely stuck by Warnock.

Charlton stuck with Curbishley for 15 years and they've hardly set the world alight this season, but in the last 10 or so years they barely progressed tbh.