Microsoft Internet Explorer

snakehips

Brief synopsis:

At work we have a cable-connected network, all using the internet off one main pc. A former colleague (well, tosser really) has enabled the Content Advisor, on one pc, of the network thus making it impossible to ready any page off the internet. The block is passworded with us having no knowledge of the password.

Is there any way to circumvent the password??

Or, can anyone give details of how to un-install Internet Explorer on the particular pc and then re-install it??

It would help us greatly if anyone could shed any light on this problem.

Unfortunately, I wont be able to answer straight away due to operational commitments, but please post anything that you can think of that may help. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers :rolleyes:

How are you posting this then you old fool? :rolleyes:

Because, 2Jokes, I am on the pc at the top of the network and the pc that is passworded/blocked is at the end of the network.

I, perhaps (only perhaps, as I'm sure the more intelligent and not so young amongst us! :) probably understood my message) didn't explain the situation well enough. But now you know.

As I said, any help.

And less of the old, laddie :D:razz:

How to Remove Content Advisor Password in Internet Explorer

The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state.

1) Click on Start and choose Run.

2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.

5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.

7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.

8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x). For IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.

10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.

INTERNETEXPLORER-TASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 :lol:;)

Thanks 'tmags, you're help has done the business. Yo da maaaaaaaaaan!

The lad I sent to do the necessary said it was easy to follow. However a couple of things were different at the end of the help sheet but he just by-passed them and all seems to be working okay now.

I owe you a beer. Or the people who use the particular pc in question do! I'll let them know to buy you a pint the next time they see you :shades:

Cheers