Roof Boxes

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

I'm thinking about getting a roofbox for the car for a trip away in the summer.

Thing is, I'd probably only use it once (or maybe twice) a year and they're not cheap. So is it feasible to hire one? Do companies hire them out? As an alternative, what does it cost to get a tow bar fitted? And hire a trailer?

Thing is, I'd probably only use it once (or maybe twice) a year and they're not cheap. So is it feasible to hire one? Do companies hire them out? As an alternative, what does it cost to get a tow bar fitted? And hire a trailer?

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/

"We regret that we do not hire roof boxes at present, but hope to have a service up and running soon."

Looks like you need to postpone.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/

"We regret that we do not hire roof boxes at present, but hope to have a service up and running soon."

Looks like you need to postpone.

Oops, didn't see that. :rolleyes:

As an alternative, what does it cost to get a tow bar fitted? And hire a trailer?

Well I could give you and idea on that, but acting on advice from counsel I'd better not.

Box the stuff that you're taking and Fed-Ex it to your destination. Then follow the Fed-Ex van. Hey presto!

Saves having to buy a sat nav as well.

It'd only tell you to swim across the Atlantic Ocean anyway.