Boro 'to land Woodgate for £6.7m'

ewerk

Helped his hometown club to their promotion, hung up his boots afterwards, now will scout for players in Portugal and Spain for Liverpool.

Adored him when he was here.

When fit he was a superb player.

Didn't help boro get promoted at all, that whole thing in January about Karanka leaving or staying was caused by Woodgate getting too big for his boots according to my boro mates. Don't think he played all season either.

Great player when younger mind.

Given Liverpool's ties to Spain through ex-players, I'm surprised they using Woodgate there and not, say, Middlesbrough where he grew up, will have links to boys clubs and schools and all that, and it's a place that seems to churn out quite a few kids with Premier League potential.

Given Liverpool's ties to Spain through ex-players, I'm surprised they using Woodgate there and not, say, Middlesbrough where he grew up, will have links to boys clubs and schools and all that, and it's a place that seems to churn out quite a few kids with Premier League potential.

Went to the same school as Woodgate, he was a few years older than me. In my year all the lads who played for the school team had some affiliation with a professional club. None of us made a pro career, a couple played in Sweden for a few years but that's it. Off the top of my head he is the only one that made it. The number of kids playing football in boro is mental, think most of them hope that it will help them leave that hellhole.

About 4 lads around my school year went onto to get a pro contract. Adam Sadler went on to be a coach after an injury ended his career, but he was on Man Utd's books as a 'keeper for a bit. Anthony Shandran played for Burnley briefly, then journeymanned his way round Scottish and semi pro teams. Played at Blyth and Gateshead (I think) for a bit.

Not bad for a shitty little school in Seaton Delaval. :lol: