Spurs in for Dyer

Jimbo

Like that's going to happen Craig :lol:

Would be nice though.

Yeah I know...... :o

Although, £8m for Dyer is equally fairy-tale stuff - hope to hell it happens ;)

Once we started paying massive wages to the likes of Shearer it was inevitable that the rest of the squad and new players that we bought would start demanding something similar.

Unfortunately the players we had and the players we bought haven't been in the same league in terms of quality so we now find ourselves in the situation where funds are much more limited, we have a load of players we don't want but can't offload due to their wages and any player we try to sign will be expecting a fortune to come here.

It's a pretty depressing sitution when you think about it!

Once we started paying massive wages to the likes of Shearer it was inevitable that the rest of the squad and new players that we bought would start demanding something similar.

Unfortunately the players we had and the players we bought haven't been in the same league in terms of quality so we now find ourselves in the situation where funds are much more limited, we have a load of players we don't want but can't offload due to their wages and any player we try to sign will be expecting a fortune to come here.

I know what you're saying but that doesn't explain or justify Dyer getting an improved deal last time round.

I know what you're saying but that doesn't explain or justify Dyer getting an improved deal last time round.

It wasn't warrented on his performances but at one point he was being classed as a £10m-£20m player and the board obviously didn't want to lose that potential fee if his contract expired.

As it happens his stock has fallen while we have paid him about £4m a year so now if we sell him the most we are likely to get back is the wages we have paid him in the last two years!

We would have been better off just letting him leave for nowt and getting someone else in!

Btw, Dyer's return from injury was like signing a new player, according to NUFC's interim financial report.

Anybody else read this? :lol:

An operational highlight was being knocked out the UEFA cup by AZ on away goals no less.

Another was being beaten by the eventual winners in the League cup!

No mention was made of the FA cup though. :o

First £7m for Jenas, and now some money for Dyer? That would be great if that happened, can't see it myself though. I'd take a swap deal for Malbranque please.

I'd rip their arm off.

First £7m for Jenas, and now some money for Dyer? That would be great if that happened, can't see it myself though. I'd take a swap deal for Malbranque please.

I'd rip their arm off.

I actually think, if Spurs really are interested in Dyer, they would be more than open to such a swap deal. IMO anyway. Malbranque would be a good signing on his own, cracking little player.