IT'S FRIDAY !!!!!!!!!

Radgina

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At work tomorrow which is a bit of a twat really.

But then I cannot wait for Saturday night though, should be quality, been looking forward to it all week.

But then roll on next week when I only have a three day working week. :rolleyes:

This day started at about 3am with me discovering, on my way to bed, that the carpets around the washing machine were sopping wet. Cue a swift relocation of all the stuff that's stored there (thankfully nothing with a paper/card base), the stomping-down of towels to soak up the damp stuff, and the identification of a very slow leak/drip from a pipe/join around the back of the machine (plus more towels to smother that a bit). I know precisely sod-all about these things and the landlord doesn't think it's urgent enough to come and look at until Monday, or rather his two usual plumbers are busy today and he won't shell out for anyone else (and I certainly won't), so it's going to be a lovely weekend what with trying to bash together a self-assembly desk and set up the new PC whilst avoiding getting damp feet.

I need a :rolleyes: already...

This day started at about 3am with me discovering, on my way to bed, that the carpets around the washing machine were sopping wet. Cue a swift relocation of all the stuff that's stored there (thankfully nothing with a paper/card base), the stomping-down of towels to soak up the damp stuff, and the identification of a very slow leak/drip from a pipe/join around the back of the machine (plus more towels to smother that a bit). I know precisely sod-all about these things and the landlord doesn't think it's urgent enough to come and look at until Monday, or rather his two usual plumbers are busy today and he won't shell out for anyone else (and I certainly won't), so it's going to be a lovely weekend what with trying to bash together a self-assembly desk and set up the new PC whilst avoiding getting damp feet.

I need a :rolleyes: already...

Turn the taps off at the back of the washing machine :)

Turn the taps off at the back of the washing machine :)

You'd think, wouldn't you? Every other washing machine in places I've rented has had, well, something obvious like taps which even a retard like me could identify as something it might be useful to fiddle with. This one appears to be hooked straight up to the water pipe that disappears into the ground, and it's the join between the hose from the back of the machine and the pipe that's dripping. :rolleyes:

This state of affairs is probably not unconnected to the fact that the entire house is basically held together by 1890s plasterwork in the first place.

Turn the taps off at the back of the washing machine :D

You'd think, wouldn't you? Every other washing machine in places I've rented has had, well, something obvious like taps which even a retard like me could identify as something it might be useful to fiddle with. This one appears to be hooked straight up to the water pipe that disappears into the ground, and it's the join between the hose from the back of the machine and the pipe that's dripping. :)

This state of affairs is probably not unconnected to the fact that the entire house is basically held together by 1890s plasterwork in the first place.

I didn't mean to state the obvious :razz: I've just woke up and am still in a bit of a haze. :rolleyes:

No no, trust me, when it comes to me and things like this stating the obvious is the way to go!

They should teach this kind of stuff in school or something. I feel so completely ill-equipped to deal with Actual Real Life :rolleyes:

No no, trust me, when it comes to me and things like this stating the obvious is the way to go!

They should teach this kind of stuff in school or something. I feel so completely ill-equipped to deal with Actual Real Life :rolleyes:

I remember phoning my mam not long after I moved to Manchester asking her how to cook a chicken :)

I remember phoning my mam not long after I moved to Manchester asking her how to cook a chicken :)

:razz: I did that too not long after moving out of home....I also asked how she did her roast potatoes and was devastated when she said she used frozen ones. :D ...duped me all those years she did :)

Frozen roasts :rolleyes:

Makes crispy pancakes look like haute cuisine...

:) tell me about it...why do you think I resorted to the bamp food the other night ??

Proper roast potatoes are a piece of piss though. Am I missing something here?

nope but mothers were so nice I thought she had a "secret" recipe :rolleyes:

Proper roast potatoes are a piece of piss though. Am I missing something here?

nope but mothers were so nice I thought she had a "secret" recipe :)

:rolleyes:

"The secret to good roast potatoes is par boiling them until the outsides are just about going soft, then drain all the water from the pan, lid back on and give the tatties a good shake inside the pan then pour them into the roasting tray, dowse in olive oil and whack in the oven."

Works every time. :rolleyes:

I find sunflower oil is better as it cooks at a higher temp so you get lush crispy tetties. Animal fat is better supposedly better (lard/dripping). No good for me though.

I really, really want some roast potatoes now. And it's only breakfast time. Bastids. :rolleyes:

I might knock some up for lunch :)

Can I come round?

I find sunflower oil is better as it cooks at a higher temp so you get lush crispy tetties. Animal fat is better supposedly better (lard/dripping). No good for me though.

Did I write "olive oil"? :rolleyes:

No that's wrong! Not for roast tatties - fine for spanish roast tatties, not for the humble British Roast.

I really, really want some roast potatoes now. And it's only breakfast time. Bastids. :rolleyes:

I might knock some up for lunch :D

Can I come round?

:) to the Felling....wearing Adidas....without a passport.....hmmm... dunno about that , I couldn't guarantee your safety tbh :razz:

I might knock some up for lunch :)

Can I come round?

:) to the Felling....wearing Adidas....without a passport.....hmmm... dunno about that , I couldn't guarantee your safety tbh :D

I'll bring booze? :razz: