Player of the Season

Ketsbaia

Who's been our player of the season?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nobby by virtue of him being the only player who looks like he has a brain and his ability to pass and control a ball (I know these should be basic things but the rest of the squad are painfully lacking in these areas).

He's also meant that we've had to see less of Carr in the side which can only be a good thing.

Butt and Milner would be next on the list.

Milner for me, personally.

I for one wouldn't blame him had he came back as he did at the last hour, and decided to say fuck this club. In fact I half expected him to. The very fact he hasn't and has actually performed quite well speeks volumes about his character and desire to play for Newcastle United. If only others had his attitude...

Nobby has been a star at RB this season mind and for that alone deserves massive praise.

Martins has done exceptionally well in his first season goals wise, but his performances have been quite poor at times.

Butt has turned his career here around but his performances haven't been earth shatteringly good, he's just performing like he always did before he joined us. Although the way he has went about it deserves special praise because like Milner, he could have easily said fuck it. Shows he's a true professional and has the right character (you don't play for Man Utd all those years and win what he has by being half arsed so we shouldn't be surprised)

Taylor has at times (not very often mind) shown just how much potential he has, but overall everyone apart from those already mentioned, Taylor included, have been either absolute shite, average or a mixed bag. Even the ever so reliable Shay hasn't look half as convincing this season when he has played.

Duff has been the biggest disappointment, and although I don't want to bring up Luque, for me he is the bigger flop of the two because unlike the Spaniard, he's actually been given chance after chance after chance and has no other issues Luque may have like settling in, language etc. What a daft signing he was. Hope we sell him, can't see it though.

Butt. Especially when you think about the situation he was in. Turned his game around and showing finally the player who used to get in England squads. And I said he should never play again after Cardiff.

Special mention to Nobby as well. Just out of interest, how many headers does Nobby win during a match? The blokes tiny yet he seems to win everything.

Butt is obviously a strong candidate, fair enough, but are people not looking at his utter abject performances for us in the past, and being swayed because he is now no longer putting in such performances? He's performed very well throughout of course but he's hardly been outstanding. Mind, neither has Milner (my choice) or anyone come to think of it :lol: Perhaps that says more about the team than any one individual maybe...

Edited by Howaythetoon

Butt is obviously a strong candidate, fair enough, but are people not looking at his utter abject performances for us in the past, and being swayed because he is now no longer putting in such performances? He's performed very well throughout of course but he's hardly been outstanding. Mind, neither has Milner (my choice) or anyone come to think of it :lol: Perhaps that says more about the team than any one individual maybe...

Yeah, we're all having to basically pick someone who hasn't been totally shit rather than someone who's actually looked good. Sad state of affairs really - contrast this with trying to pick out your player of the season at say Man United or even the likes of Reading. It's been like this for a while now though.

Renton won't post in this thread cos he knows that the correct answer is Butt.

I'd have Milner, Taylor, Given, Solano and Martins before Butt tbh. As it happened I accidentally voted for Carr. :lol:

I'd have Milner, Taylor, Given, Solano and Martins before Butt tbh. As it happened I accidentally voted for Carr. :o

Taylor? :lol:

I'd have Milner, Taylor, Given, Solano and Martins before Butt tbh. As it happened I accidentally voted for Carr. ;)

Taylor? :lol:

:o

Solano for me, hes conducted himself as the consummate professional this season, hes played where hes been asked and hes done it well

When I look at nobby and I think of the prima donnas we have in the team it does boil my piss like

comparing the professionalism of nobby against someone like dyer

milner and butt a close second

I'd have Milner, Taylor, Given, Solano and Martins before Butt tbh. As it happened I accidentally voted for Carr. :lol:

Trying to vote for Babayaro? :o

Without Martins we'd be relegated.

True enough. Not been the best player though imo.

Agreed on both counts, but Martins gets my vote.

butt has been the most effective player. class act this season in a distinctly average side. honorable mention to nobby, milner, given, and on occasion taylor.... and martins when he gets support.

Edited by canofbeans