Share Price Rises

Besty

Share price

rise continues

Friday saw another increase in the share price of Newcastle United PLC, which started the week at 62.5p and currently sits at 74.7p, having opened this morning at 70.5p.

No confirmation of who is buying (or selling) has been forthcoming, but newspaper reports on Friday suggested that Chairman Freddy Shepherd has not altered his holding.

nufc.com

:lol:

I don't think we've heard the last of the takeover rumours like, could have something to do with that, or it could be one of FS's clan. I still think we'll get bought out eventually one day, I'm not convinced by Shepherd's patter about this being a Geordie club for Geordie people or the rumours that he wants to buy the club himself and take it private, put it that way. He's a businessman and cares only about the money. Anyone daft enough to give him what he considers top wack for his shares, would win in my opinion.

Even if he doesn't want to sell, I think market forces will dictate things as more and more of the top end of the Premiership is taken over. If Arsenal fall, there is only really us and Spurs left. In the coming years what with all these new rich owners and new money being pumped into those clubs, even for clubs like our own that can generate a lot of money to try and compete, will find it hard to do so. I think we have near enough maxed out our potential under this board, financial and on the pitch. If things don't improve drastically, the board will have to sell for the good of the club.

I don't think we've heard the last of the takeover rumours like, could have something to do with that, or it could be one of FS's clan. I still think we'll get bought out eventually one day, I'm not convinced by Shepherd's patter about this being a Geordie club for Geordie people or the rumours that he wants to buy the club himself and take it private, put it that way. He's a businessman and cares only about the money. Anyone daft enough to give him what he considers top wack for his shares, would win in my opinion.

Even if he doesn't want to sell, I think market forces will dictate things as more and more of the top end of the Premiership is taken over. If Arsenal fall, there is only really us and Spurs left. In the coming years what with all these new rich owners and new money being pumped into those clubs, even for clubs like our own that can generate a lot of money to try and compete, will find it hard to do so. I think we have near enough maxed out our potential under this board, financial and on the pitch. If things don't improve drastically, the board will have to sell for the good of the club.

These takeovers hardly produce any new money long term. Sure you get a small kitty as a PR stunt, but the takeovers are happening because the investors are going to get money back in the next few years, and any extra money for the club will be despite the takeovers. Fred's being canny and is going to coin it himself.