Mythbusters

Super_Steve_Howey

:lol: Testing the brace position on an aircraft now...

The position designed to break your neck in a crash bad enough to break the seats from their mountings, quicker end than burning.

Obviously irrelevant in a full-on plummet from 30,000 feet.

The position designed to break your neck in a crash bad enough to break the seats from their mountings, quicker end than burning.

Urbanmythtastic

"In the unlikely event of failure in all four engines, we will in all likelihood go into the earth like a fucking dart." [/billy Connolly]

Urbanmythtastic

Not so sure, told it by aircrew. Think about it next time you're on a plane and see what your "brace position" would do for you if you shunted into the seat ahead

Edited by Toonpack

"In the unlikely event of failure in all four engines, we will in all likelihood go into the earth like a fucking dart." [/billy Connolly]

Putting my Fop hat on for a minute, that's bullshit!

Putting my Fop hat on for a minute, that's bullshit!

:o take it of...immediately!

Urbanmythtastic

Not so sure, told it by aircrew. Think about it next time you're on a plane and see what your "brace position" would do for you if you shunted into the seat ahead

http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/brace.asp

Those staff should be sacked tbh. There was actually a dcoumentary recently about how to survive an aircrash and it was clearly shown your chance of survival depended on the location of you seat and whether you adopted the brace position or not.

Urbanmythtastic

Never believe anything Rob W tells you.

:o I'm too tall (and too fat) to get into a brace position. If I'm ever on a plane heading for the Earth at 200mph + and I'm told to get into the brace position I'm going to just unbuckle the seat belt, get up and run up and down the aisle screaming like a gayer instead. Much more stylish way to go, tbh. :lol:

:o I'm too tall (and too fat) to get into a brace position. If I'm ever on a plane heading for the Earth at 200mph + and I'm told to get into the brace position I'm going to just unbuckle the seat belt, get up and run up and down the aisle screaming like a gayer instead. Much more stylish way to go, tbh. :lol:

Your presence is liable to take the plane down tbh.

;) I'm too tall (and too fat) to get into a brace position. If I'm ever on a plane heading for the Earth at 200mph + and I'm told to get into the brace position I'm going to just unbuckle the seat belt, get up and run up and down the aisle screaming like a gayer instead. Much more stylish way to go, tbh. :o

Anyone seen 'Almost Famous' btw? The scene in the small plane when they think they're all going to die. :lol:

At least you'd entertain the rest of the passengers.

'Jesus, we're all going to di...tee hee..look at that gimp.'

:oI'm too tall (and too fat) to get into a brace position. If I'm ever on a plane heading for the Earth at 200mph + and I'm told to get into the brace position I'm going to just unbuckle the seat belt, get up and run up and down the aisle screaming like a gayer instead. Much more stylish way to go, tbh. :lol:

no one is ever allowed to dig me about being fat ever again after this admission!

I'm positively elfin compared to a bloke who can't get into the brace position!

;)

;)I'm too tall (and too fat) to get into a brace position. If I'm ever on a plane heading for the Earth at 200mph + and I'm told to get into the brace position I'm going to just unbuckle the seat belt, get up and run up and down the aisle screaming like a gayer instead. Much more stylish way to go, tbh. :o

no one is ever allowed to dig me about being fat ever again after this admission!

:icon_lol:

I am and I will :lol:

:panic:I'm too tall (and too fat) to get into a brace position. If I'm ever on a plane heading for the Earth at 200mph + and I'm told to get into the brace position I'm going to just unbuckle the seat belt, get up and run up and down the aisle screaming like a gayer instead. Much more stylish way to go, tbh. ;)

:blush:

I am and I will :o

:lol: ...fucker :icon_lol: