New club scout

Baggio

Don't cry for Lee, Argentina

Apr 28 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United coach Lee Clark heads off to South America next week with instructions to find a new Nobby Solano.

Clark, assistant academy director Adam Sadler and education officer Jimmy Nelson fly out to Argentina a week on Monday.

And their first port of call is to an academy in Buenos Aires before the United trio take up their invitation to visit Boca Juniors.

It was from Boca Juniors that Kenny Dalglish signed Solano for £2.4m just before the start of the 1998 season.

United boss Glenn Roeder told me today: "We are sending our people out to Argentina to see what it is all about."

And Clark chipped in: "We are the only Premiership club to have been invited out to the academy in Buenos Aires where we will see the best three young players, aged between 16 and 20, from every South American country.

"This is a splendid opportunity for us to go out there and it would be foolish to turn it down.

"Everybody knows we signed Nobby from Boca Juniors and they have invited us to watch some of their training sessions.

"And it goes without saying we would love to unearth and bring home another Nobby Solano."

For me, Solano probably just edges ahead of George Robledo and Tino Asprilla as the greatest South American player United have had.

Meanwhile United are not letting the grass grow beneath their feet in their search for new players for next season and all talk from people in the know is that they have beaten a host of clubs for the signature of Reading's out-of-contract midfielder Steve Sidwell.

Clark was in France last Wednesday night where he took in Bordeaux's game with Nancy and he ran the rule over a defender.

Indeed the Geordie boy has certainly been busy in his first season on the coaching side after hanging up his boots at the end of last season.

He has now got his A coaching Licence and in September starts his Pro Licence which would qualify him to manage in the Premiership.

Lee Clark :lol:

Newcastle United coach Lee Clark heads off to South America next week with instructions to find a new Nobby Solano.

:lol:

I can actually picture the briefing.

"So boss, what do you want me to do in South America?"

"Go and find a new Nobby Solano."

"That all?"

"Yes."

Clark, assistant academy director Adam Sadler and education officer Jimmy Nelson fly out to Argentina a week on Monday

When is read this, i thought it said Adam Sandler, and you know what, i would expect him to be a better coach than the ones we employ!

I'm happy that we're going to this thing in S. America to look at young players, and hope we find somebody, but its embarassing that we don't have a team of professional scouts to do it!

Christ, I can just see the twat coming back in a week's time with a tan, a sombrero, and an inflatable donkey, pissed as a fart. What the fuck are we doing sending this fucking retard off to find decent players ffs?

Christ, I can just see the twat coming back in a week's time with a tan, a sombrero, and an inflatable donkey, pissed as a fart. What the fuck are we doing sending this fucking retard off to find decent players ffs?

:lol: True...

:o

I really think that Oliver now uses the phrase "Geordie Boy" in order to wind us up.

I have got this feeling since a long time. I understand that Anal Oliver is deliberately saying certain things he knows will wind people up.

Players he'll come back with:

Stefano Coche - Fat, bald Argentinian right back with no pace

Brambilson - Powerful looking Brazilian centre back prone to frequent

concentration lapses and mistakes

Celestiano Babarinosa - Uruguayan left back often lazy and annonymous

Antonio Sibiero - Tall, striker from Ecuador, who can't play but is handy with his bald head

Kierildo Dyilson - Injury prone Colombian midfielder, his occassional flashes of brilliance are quickly overshadowed by his habit of disappearing in games and belief that he is a better player than he actually is, also likes Wrestling and sh!t music

Alberto Luque - Chilean striker/winger whose resemblance and style is uncannily like that of his Catalan cousin, he will no doubt adapt to Newcastle just as well.

Pedro Ramagisco - Peruvian utility defender capable of making big mistakes, although he makes up for these in being a nice lad who doesn't cause any bother

Damiano Duffo - Left winger from Paraguay who comes with a great reputation, but hasn't done anything to set the world alight for the last year. Never mind though, we'll take him anyway

Bernardo Oliveira. A Bolivian left back with Brazilian parents. Rejected by clubs smaller than our own and completely knackered by injury but we liked him

Craildo Morino. Venezuelan centre back who doesn't look as bad as we first thought but is still not world class. Also injury prone.

Antonio Sibiero - Tall, striker from Ecuador, who can't play but is handy with his bald head

Kierildo Dyilson - Injury prone Colombian midfielder, his occassional flashes of brilliance are quickly overshadowed by his habit of disappearing in games and belief that he is a better player than he actually is, also likes Wrestling and sh!t music

Alberto Luque - Chilean striker/winger whose resemblance and style is uncannily like that of his Catalan cousin, he will no doubt adapt to Newcastle just as well.

Pedro Ramagisco - Peruvian utility defender capable of making big mistakes, although he makes up for these in being a nice lad who doesn't cause any bother

Damiano Duffo - Left winger from Paraguay who comes with a great reputation, but hasn't done anything to set the world alight for the last year. Never mind though, we'll take him anyway

Bernardo Oliveira. A Bolivian left back with Brazilian parents. Rejected by clubs smaller than our own and completely knackered by injury but we liked him

Craildo Morino. Venezuelan centre back who doesn't look as bad as we first thought but is still not world class. Also injury prone.

:lol::o

Without a doubt, the best post I have ever seen on this forum.

Howay man! :lol:

Do you think it would be stretching things too far for someone say

'had on a minute - Nobby might just be the man to ask first (being a god down Sth America way)He might just have some contacts over there. Or am I just being silly again

Edited by Dogmatix

'had on a minute - Nobby might just be the man to ask first (being a god down Sth America way)He might just have some contacts over there. Or am I just being silly again

Yo just talkin crazy!

Quit yo' Jibba-jabba fool, being a geordie is all you need to spot good footballers! :lol:

Quit yo' Jibba-jabba fool, being a geordie is all you need to spot good footballers! :lol:

He aint getting on no plane!

FFS, do we only have 4 employees at this fucking club ?

including 2 tea ladies i reckon you're right.

this could be great but i doubt it, with the people that are involved.

why don't we just sign tevez in the summer.... he after all still has no contract officially.

Edited by canofbeans

clarkhols.jpg