Gretna in the SPL

Gemmill

I watched something on the tele about a couple of Gretna supporters going all over Scotalnd to watch them, the chairman was standing on some run-down shitty terracing bragging about how they'd get to the SPL. I though you stupid prick, you'll never do it. Looks like the stupid prick was watching the tele, not on it.

I watched something on the tele about a couple of Gretna supporters going all over Scotalnd to watch them, the chairman was standing on some run-down shitty terracing bragging about how they'd get to the SPL. I though you stupid prick, you'll never do it. Looks like the stupid prick was watching the tele, not on it.

He mentioned a five-year plan a few seasons ago...

I'd have preferred St Johnstone myself. Can't be doing with Gretna buying their way through the leagues. I hope they took notice of Livingston's demise.

St Johnstone played some great stuff this year and gave shitloads of SPL teams a run for their money in the cups. The only good thing about Gretna coming up is going to be watching them go back down next season.

Does anyone know where gretna will play as therer ground must still be English lower non league standard? When they were in europe this season I think they played at motherwell.

I believe the will be sharing with motherwell again next season.

First team in England confirmed as Champions yesterday and it doesn't even get a mention :lol:

Is Scunny your first love Gol or Newcastle? Be interesting if in a year or two you lot dragged yourselves up into the Premiership :o

First team in England confirmed as Champions yesterday and it doesn't even get a mention :lol:

Is Scunny your first love Gol or Newcastle? Be interesting if in a year or two you lot dragged yourselves up into the Premiership :o

Scunny first - my home town and I've been watching them for 25 years now. No chance we'll ever get in the Premiership; we just don't have the financial backing or the fanbase. Most football fans in Scunthorpe go and watch either Leeds or Man United.

Scunny first - my home town and I've been watching them for 25 years now. No chance we'll ever get in the Premiership; we just don't have the financial backing or the fanbase. Most football fans in Scunthorpe go and watch either Leeds or Man United.

Same could have been said of Swindon and Barnsley, but they both made it (obviously didn't last).

Same could have been said of Swindon and Barnsley, but they both made it (obviously didn't last).

Both of those clubs averaged more than 5000 fans a week though.

Do you not think your fanbase would increase dramatically if you became a success in the Championship?

I'm pretty sure those who travel to Leeds and Man Utd at present would probably look closer to home. Must seem weird though, Scunny being a division higher than Leeds?

My next door neighbour used to play for gretna when they were in the conference or whatever it was

Unibond

that's an odd surname, is he Dutch?

My next door neighbour used to play for gretna when they were in the conference or whatever it was

Unibond

Which Dutch surname is that similar to? :o

Unibond

Which Dutch surname is that similar to? :o

.. :blush:

(Couldn't think of a single race/nation with a "Unibond" sounding surnames... :razz: )