Sunderland

wellsy

Players playing for their futures? Doubtful. From they were 19th in November they have been rising steadily which can more likely be put down to Keane taking a couple of months to get the team playing the way he wants them to, to attribute it solely to players improving because of the risk of new players coming in is utter rubbish.

The table doesn't lie. If the mackems start brightly, Freddie will panic and Roeder will get the sack, which won't really help us much.

Yeah, being the brainless moron that he is, Fat Fred's decisions on NUFC will inevitably alter if the mackems are in the prem with us and doing well, thats how bad he is! Souness was very lucky not to have the mackems having a good season above him in the prem (and beating us in derby matches) or he'd have been out on his arse long before he was.

To be honest i think SAFC going up can only be good for NUFC. Maybe it will force FFS into some action instead of laying back on being better than the rivals card........

Also heard we have a fair amount more than £20m to spend this summer.

To be honest i think SAFC going up can only be good for NUFC. Maybe it will force FFS into some action instead of laying back on being better than the rivals card........

I don't doubt you'll have plenty to spend, but the bigger question is who can you attract ?

No doubt there will be domestic players that would play for Roy Keane but how far does his appeal stretch ?

I don't doubt you'll have plenty to spend, but the bigger question is who can you attract ?

No doubt there will be domestic players that would play for Roy Keane but how far does his appeal stretch ?

Just depends now on his powers of persuasion, still has to be the most promising SAFC situation we've been in during my lifetime (19 years).

Also depends on how SAFC are now marketed as opposed to Bob Murrays shit chairmanship.

Just depends now on his powers of persuasion, still has to be the most promising SAFC situation we've been in during my lifetime (19 years).

Also depends on how SAFC are now marketed as opposed to Bob Murrays shit chairmanship.

I'd argue that the early days of the Peter Reid management was perhaps your most promising situation to be honest.

I think they were halycon days for the North East teams as a whole. We we're established into the Keegan era, Boro were going places with Robson and you lot seemed to be getting on track too. Didn't we all with the First Division within a couple of years too?

Credit where credit's due, Keane has done fantastically well and I think they've got themselves a decent manager.

Will they finish above us next year/beat us in the derbies? I don't know, maybe/maybe not.

Unfortunately, I don't think that beating their own previous 2 records for the lowest ever points total in the Prem is on. I don't think they'll be going straight back down.

I'd argue that the early days of the Peter Reid management was perhaps your most promising situation to be honest.

I think they were halycon days for the North East teams as a whole. We we're established into the Keegan era, Boro were going places with Robson and you lot seemed to be getting on track too. Didn't we all with the First Division within a couple of years too?

Reid did blow a fair bit of money. Still think they are better placed now than they were then though.

I have to disagree, Murrays set-up was a disaster waiting to happen financially, a fair comparison to FFS and your club. I think Quinn is a special chairman and Keane is definately the man for the job. Like i said im really looking forward to next year as i believe we could finally act big as opposed to just talking the talk.

I would suggest that Keane's appeal would stretch a hell of a lot further than a certain Mr Roeder! Keane love him or loathe him (the latter personally) was a truly world class player respected and known throughout Europe, where as our leader was a journeyman footballer that very few outside of England would of ever heard of.

Plus the fact that Keane has played under the likes of Clough and Ferguson, there is every chance that he will be a top class manager, one thing you can't deny about Keane is that he's a winner and that quality shines through.

Edited by BigAl

That's a bit naive tbh. Roy Keane has a worldwide reputation.

Edited by Sima