Paranormal?

Craig

Today is the 10th anniversary of my Mam's death, seems weird that I've now spent a third of my life, and perhaps the third where I've changed the most, without her.

Anyway, this morning at 6.30am on the dot, Finley, my youngest, woke up from a very peaceful sleep screaming. More than that, I couldn't console him and within a minute, Charlotte, my eldest, (who sleeps through everything) was in my room wide awake. I asked her to go back to sleep and she said she couldn't cos of 'her' and pointed at Finley. I said "surely you mean 'him'?" and she said "no, 'her'!".

Took me a good 15 mins to settle them both, Charlotte having to get into bed with me for a hug.

The weird thing was, on the day my Mam died, I was at University in my room and woke up at 6.30am on the dot as, despite being fast asleep, something got into my eye and was stinging it. So much so that I was awake in seconds, at my sink and bathing my eye. About 15 mins later without me getting anything out, the pain suddenly subsided and I got back into bed and slept.

At the time I didn't know my Mam had died and later that morning, I found out she'd passed on at 06:30 precisely! Now are those incidents purely coinicidence or is there something paranormal going on??

Anyone else had anything along those lines happen to them?

Wow thats one hell of coincedence Craig, but I'm sure the last thing your mum would want to do is distress your kids.

May be a coincidence, Craig, but there are many reports of children seeing spirits when adults don't as they are more open-minded and susceptible to them. With Fin being so young it may just be that it confused and scared him, but as Jimbo said - I'm sure there's no way your mam would distress the bairns at all.

There's still strange things abound at work. Tonight it's footsteps in theatre 7 which were there most of my nights last week too, but tonight they are really loud :o

Edited by catmag

How many people must die in hospital?

I'm so happy I've never spent a night in one. Outside of the good health aspect, I'd be shit scared if I was hoyed in a ward on my own at night.

Derek Acorah should do all his shows in one.

The other night I was reading and heard someone breathing to my left. My bed's positioned so that the left hand side is right up against the wall.

Me mam was snoring in the other room, both cats were downstairs and I was holding my breath to see if it wasn't me. Who the fuck was breathing on me? :o

I'm so happy I've never spent a night in one. Outside of the good health aspect, I'd be shit scared if I was hoyed in a ward on my own at night.

Derek Acorah should do all his shows in one.

He'd still probably make it up :o

All of the weird stuff I've seen in this job have all happened in/around theatres 7 and 8 which were the original theatres in this building so have been here for donkeys years and there will definitely have been many deaths in there.

There was always weird stuff happening on the wards aswell. I'd see 'patients' wandering into rooms at the other end of the corridor and follow them in only to find there was no-one there. It doesn't really bother me to be honest. I feel quite sorry fo them if their spirit is trapped in this shithole or in a hospital in general.

Edited by catmag

The other night I was reading and heard someone breathing to my left. My bed's positioned so that the left hand side is right up against the wall.

Me mam was snoring in the other room, both cats were downstairs and I was holding my breath to see if it wasn't me. Who the fuck was breathing on me? :o

I think we have has this conversation before Brock baby :razz:

It's still scary. :blush:

It's still scary. :lol:

it's ok...i told you what it was :blush:

Sorry man. Wont do it again...

Strange thing involving me when I was a kid. I was part brought up by my Gran, she was your typical god fearing bingo going thick coat in the summer wearing Gran :o But, she wouldnt lie for anything such as she was. Anyway, when I was 11 I had my tonsils and adanoids out.

The morning of my operation, my gran was at home. She used to sit in her bedroom watching TV a fair bit then. Anyway, she shouted of my brother asking him why I was back home? Telling him she had just seen me standing next to her bed while she watched tv. She asked me(?) but I didnt reply. this was at 10am or so. She didnt know what time my op was going to be.

So, back in the hospital, I was waking up, I can still remember as it was awful. I woke up on all fours in my bed with a few nurses around me. I was coughing and blood was everywhere. what apparantly happened was during my op I was sick and ripped the stitching they had made, so they had to put me back to sleep (this time using a needle not the gas) and "fix" me so to speak. I'd lost a lot of fluid and swallowed a shit load of blood.

So, here I now was in bed, on a drip (really unpleasant later going to the toilet after swallowing alot of blood I tell ya).

So, that afternoon my gran came to see me and my brother told me about her seeing me next to her bed. Apparantly, smack bang at the time I was having my operation that went a bit off course.

Now, it could just be that she new I was having the op that day and being the concerned Gran thought she seen me. though, she used to swear after that she knew something was wrong and that was why she seen me (Im sure she managed to involve God in there somewhere when she told it though).

Odd.

Urgh that thought used to absolutely terrify me when I was little. My dad worked in a lab at the General and would quite often be on call and end up going in when it was late or quiet. If I wouldn't get to sleep he'd take me with him and it freaked me the fuck out, all sorts of footsteps etc when there was no one there which, combined with various machines switching themselves on because of timers, was incredibly scary. He also told me the morgue was just next door but dunno if that was true as I never wandered far enough to find out. Not sure how all this was meant to help me sleep like, evil bastard.

You drive your lass now remember Brock, she'll sit on your left! :razz:

May be a coincidence, Craig, but there are many reports of children seeing spirits when adults don't as they are more open-minded and susceptible to them. With Fin being so young it may just be that it confused and scared him, but as Jimbo said - I'm sure there's no way your mam would distress the bairns at all.

There's still strange things abound at work. Tonight it's footsteps in theatre 7 which were there most of my nights last week too, but tonight they are really loud :razz:

I was more freaked out by Charlotte insisting on calling him "her" :o

There's still strange things abound at work. Tonight it's footsteps in theatre 7 which were there most of my nights last week too, but tonight they are really loud :razz:

Blatantly insists on wearing his sister's clothes when you aren't around. :blush:

Blatantly insists on wearing his sister's clothes when you aren't around. :blush:

Trust you to come out with that you funny fucker. :lol:

He's 18 months man, all he insists on is food, sleep and football! ;)

Today is the 10th anniversary of my Mam's death, seems weird that I've now spent a third of my life, and perhaps the third where I've changed the most, without her.

Anyway, this morning at 6.30am on the dot, Finley, my youngest, woke up from a very peaceful sleep screaming. More than that, I couldn't console him and within a minute, Charlotte, my eldest, (who sleeps through everything) was in my room wide awake. I asked her to go back to sleep and she said she couldn't cos of 'her' and pointed at Finley. I said "surely you mean 'him'?" and she said "no, 'her'!".

Took me a good 15 mins to settle them both, Charlotte having to get into bed with me for a hug.

The weird thing was, on the day my Mam died, I was at University in my room and woke up at 6.30am on the dot as, despite being fast asleep, something got into my eye and was stinging it. So much so that I was awake in seconds, at my sink and bathing my eye. About 15 mins later without me getting anything out, the pain suddenly subsided and I got back into bed and slept.

At the time I didn't know my Mam had died and later that morning, I found out she'd passed on at 06:30 precisely! Now are those incidents purely coinicidence or is there something paranormal going on??

Anyone else had anything along those lines happen to them?

Late puberty? :o

I jest of course.

Certainly makes you wonder, eh? Anyway hope the rest of what must have been a painful anniversary was incident free and full of good memories

Who else expected that to be followed up with "then I looked over and the lass was there.." ?

:o

Who else expected that to be followed up with "then I looked over and the lass was there.." ?

:o

I thought he was getting pole-axed from behind by his driving instructor. Sorry, ex-driving instructor.