JJ Appreciation Thread

CaliMag

We used to do this when players left, but there has been a lot of hard feelings eminating from SJP these days.

Wullie is exempted from posting here.

JJ had a lot of emotional issues as we say here in California. I wish him the best down in Cockneyland.

My fav memory...

2003 Spurs away (January?)

Tottenham 0 Newcastle United 1

Jenas '90

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit player to a shit club, they think there getting a good player but there getting a player who is inferior to Gary Speed, Lee Bowyer, Emre and Parker and probably on a par with Butt and Acuna.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

25170[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Celebrating his and Bobby's birthday away at Leverkusen in the Championsleague. Was a great day. Those were the times...

25183[/snapback]

And Ameobi scored twice! Yes, TWICE! Long time since that happened...

50 years younger than Bobby exactly I believe.

You guys are killing me - you would think this was a fucking Marcelino thread.

Oh and Acuna was way underrated.

25185[/snapback]

Acuna was a brilliant servant for the club.

Absolutely pillored for the Wolves game. Cast your minds back to when he and McClen kept an Arsenal midfield quiet at SJP.

Thinking any day now he's going to flower into a world class Vieraesque midfielder.

He will ever remind me of the great days of Bobby Robson's potential team. I felt a little sad watching Jenas alongside Robson when we first signed him, Robson spouting how he would form the core of the Newcastle side for years to come alongside Bellamy, Cort and Dyer. We all believed him at the time, we wanted to believe and yet none of them with the possible exception of Bellamy has shown a fraction of what was hoped.

Perhaps they'll go through the same thing at Spurs as their early hopes of his greatness gradually disappates into what we think of him now. I suppose they're risking that with a good few of their potential superstars. I wonder if they'll have more luck (or better judgement) than us.

Thinking any day now he's going to flower into a world class Vieraesque midfielder.

He will ever remind me of the great days of Bobby Robson's potential team. I felt a little sad watching Jenas alongside Robson when we first signed him, Robson spouting how he would form the core of the Newcastle side for years to come alongside Bellamy, Cort and Dyer. We all believed him at the time, we wanted to believe and yet none of them with the possible exception of Bellamy has shown a fraction of what was hoped.

Perhaps they'll go through the same thing at Spurs as their early hopes of his greatness gradually disappates into what we think of him now. I suppose they're risking that with a  good few of their potential superstars. I wonder if they'll have more luck (or better judgement) than us.

25194[/snapback]

Don't think he's got the character to be honest, when I watch him on the pitch. People do have changes drastic enough for him to be a success but they're very rare. I won't assasinate his character because he seems like a nice enough young lad (I may be believeing a little too much of Bobby's hype there though) and even if he has done some of the things he's been accused of doing it makes no odds, I've done some pretty stupid things in my youth and so have most of us I would expect.

Perhaps they'll go through the same thing at Spurs as their early hopes of his greatness gradually disappates into what we think of him now. I suppose they're risking that with a  good few of their potential superstars. I wonder if they'll have more luck (or better judgement) than us.

25194[/snapback]

Don't think he's got the character to be honest, when I watch him on the pitch. People do have changes drastic enough for him to be a success but they're very rare. I won't assasinate his character because he seems like a nice enough young lad (I may be believeing a little too much of Bobby's hype there though) and even if he has done some of the things he's been accused of doing it makes no odds, I've done some pretty stupid things in my youth and so have most of us I would expect.

25203[/snapback]

JJ always did his level best to keep away from that sort of thing off the pitch.

On the pitch he never seemed to have enough urgency, and he always seemed to take an eternity to get up from a tackle and get on with the game..

Brought us hope at signing a bright young talent

scored a couple of decent goals

Sold for a profit

Aside from that i think he'll be pretty forgotten as a Newcastle player in a few years down the line as he's not done anything memorable