JJ Appreciation Thread

CaliMag

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started really well, looked to have bags of potential then struggle for 2 years and was probably goign to again this season

I think you'll see an upturn in his performances at Spurs just because of the new club factor and he will be playing in a team thats currently playing better football than us, though hopefully we can change that a bit.

But god knows where he'll end up, the player everyone thought he was going to be, the player we saw for the ast 2 years or somewhere in between?

His leaving means we can finally clean the fish bowl. It was beginning to smell.

25354[/snapback]

dunno why it went wrong for Jenas here. He just stood still and never progressed as Bobby said he would. from what I understand after being a quiet lad he did join the BLING crew and from then he just stopped progressing. His head was turned on the USA England tour with tales of more money (he's not on a fraction of what BLING KING Dyer is on) and decided it was time to move on. He may do well at Spurs and I dont begrudge him it. It's sad in a way that Bobby's dream of young achievers isn't going to happen, especially with the loan of Milner tonight, Souness has a different mentality prefering "real players" in their mid-20s - well see where it gets us!

Won the Young Player of the Year award (wrongly i think, John O'Shea deserved it more), got called into the England team and it was all downhill from there. Not a good riddance or a sorry to see him go from me, more like a shrug of the shoulders.

Edited by Sonatine

Won the Young Player of the Year award (wrong i think, John O'Shea deserved it more), got called into the England team and it was all downhill from there.  Not a good riddance or a sorry to see him go from me, more like a shrug of the shoulders.

25580[/snapback]

John O'Shea, there's a guy who could be a good left-back. Showed a lot of promise that year, but has struggled for first-team football with Heinze in the team.

Best memories of him are when he first came and he seemed like a decent down to earth kid that really wanted to succeed in the game. Unfortunately he then won that Young Player award, started to believe his own press and then went on a horrendous run of form where he was crying out to be dropped and Robson steadfastly refused. I actually think that run of games where Robson just kept playing him and playing him when he didn't look comfortable ruined him at NUFC - a bit of time in the reserves playing against and alongside lesser players and away from big crowds would have given him his confidence back. From that point on is when he started to hide on the field.

Good luck to him at Spurs.

Won the Young Player of the Year award (wrong i think, John O'Shea deserved it more), got called into the England team and it was all downhill from there.  Not a good riddance or a sorry to see him go from me, more like a shrug of the shoulders.

25580[/snapback]

John O'Shea, there's a guy who could be a good left-back. Showed a lot of promise that year, but has struggled for first-team football with Heinze in the team.

25586[/snapback]

He's went downhill quicker than Jenas tbh.

I remember one time where he skinned 3 players, did a little dummy, a stepover and then played a sublime, curling 40-yard pass back to Given :rolleyes:

25603[/snapback]

What increased the average length of his passes in that game to 4.67 yards.

His first season was very good, what happened after that though I haven't got the foggiest!!

Never seemed to show any of the form from that first season and for that reason I think it's a fantastic bit of business. And to be honest I can see him maybe starting the first 4 or 5 games and then becoming very much a bit part player...bit like he would have ended up being up here!!

Best memory....that peach against West Ham @ Upton park :rolleyes:

I'm less worried about him coming good, I'm more worried about our lack of central midfield cover.

Although I've defended Faye in the past, he is beginning to prove his critics correct. Dyer is simply not a central midfielder, Clark was released by Fulham for christ sake. Basically we have Parker, Emre and Bowyer, and Faye to "do a job". I can see Clark getting a lot of action this season, it only takes two injuries and he's in the team.

Having shite players in the team cost us valuable points last season. Elliott, O'Brien etc. I'd put Clark in that category these days, however harsh that may sound.

If Viana had stayed I think he'd have got quite a lot of action this season, and alongside Parker who has been excellent so far, he could have been a revelation. He's another class altogether compared to Faye and Clark, and yet he's on loan to Valencia.

Edited by ohmelads

Made his debut at 17 at the SOS - and played a blinder.

Still think he'll turn out good but maybe not as good as we hoped.

25617[/snapback]

He was never going to improve at Newcastle. That's why he had to move on, for his own sake.

He scored sometimes..........er... He was a potential player who never met it...

Um....

A right rip off at 7million too...  :lol:

25652[/snapback]

I echo worksop mag's comment. :lol:

He scored sometimes..........er... He was a potential player who never met it...

Um....

A right rip off at 7million too...  :lol:

25652[/snapback]

I echo worksop mag's comment. :lol:

25663[/snapback]

Wow my first quote and agreement! Gerrin! Spurs now have 12 midfielders! Shocking!

Thanks JJ I appreciate your sale freeing up the funds to bring Nobby back to the club.

:lol:

25918[/snapback]

at last i think we are equal with spurs(they stole waddle and gazza,we have given them kevin scott and jj for a silly price)all square now .

Made his debut at 17 at the SOS - and played a blinder.

Still think he'll turn out good but maybe not as good as we hoped.

25617[/snapback]

Myth, we won a poor match in which he was pretty quiet if I remember rightly. Blinder my arse.

My greatest memory of JJ was his penalty (chip) against chelsea in that daft cup, he cost the club £250,000 and his career slowly went down hill from that day. Whatever was said to him after that game certainly affected him, negatively.

Wonder if they took the money out his wages.