You're all blinkered

Happy Face

Sorry but the way I see it is we had more shots on and off target, more posession, more corners, better passing and tackles but weren't able to beat a team who are chasing Europe while we have nothing to play for.

I don't think Roeder can take us forward, but if we sack Roeder and Allardyce goes to Man City we could end up with Lee Clark in charge.

:o

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but the way I see it is we had more shots on and off target, more posession, more corners, better passing and tackles but weren't able to beat a team who are chasing Europe while we have nothing to play for.

I don't think Roeder can take us forward, but if we sack Roeder and Allardyce goes to Man City we could end up with Lee Clark in charge.

:razz:

clark_lee_nufc_profile_2006.jpg

:blush::o

What shite have you smoked?

Our passing was better? It may have been for a few mins in the first half but the rest was nothing short of schoolboy, it was SHITE!

Our corners were sub standard and there were only two players IMO worth wearing the black and white shirt tonight, that was Milner and Taylor. The rest with the exception of Owen & Ameboi were nothing short of shit!

Our passing was better? It may have been for a few mins in the first half but the rest was nothing short of schoolboy, it was SHITE!

Reading........................Toon

62.3 Passing Success 75.5

Reading 1

Toon 0

^^^ More Imporatnt IMO

The long ball was shite, that stat must be from Solano to Dyer and back!

Looking at the bigger picture...Dyer, Martins and Shola all missed sitters. If they go in then people on here would have been saying it was a "great performance". Im with Happy Face on this one.

We played some slick stuff in the first half imo.

Looking at the bigger picture...Dyer, Martins and Shola all missed sitters. If they go in then people on here would have been saying it was a "great performance". Im with Happy Face on this one.

We did play some OK stuff, I wouldnt go as far as saying it was slick tho.

Reading 1

Toon 0

^^^ More Imporatnt IMO

The long ball was shite, that stat must be from Solano to Dyer and back!

"I'm not interested in facts, I find they tend to cloud my judgement. I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice."

Got to agree with HF and McGroin about the first-half passing, like. Hard to see how people are disagreeing with that bit?

Tbh if Shearer (with the capabilities of last season) had been on the pitch it probably would have been 1-1 at least.

Looking at the even bigger picture - the slick stuff we played in the first half was a one-off. I'm not about to forgive Roeder for 45 minutes when we looked half-decent. You just have to listen to Roeder after a match and how utterly insipid he is, and then the way we look as a team makes perfect sense: we look like a team that's been sent out with a Glenn Roeder teamtalk ringing in its ears.

I don't suppose anyone has a screen cap of that shot of the bench with just under 20 mins to go? One nil down and Roeder is sitting there looking utterly perplexed and Pearson is lying back looking like he's trying to get 40 winks, it really summed up our in game management to me.

Edited by ewerk

I don't suppose anyone has a screen cap of that shot of the bench with just under 20 mins to go? One nil down and Roeder is sitting there looking utterly perplexed and Pearson is lying book looking like he's trying to get 40 winks, it really summed up our in game management to me.

Aye, I thought the same thing.

Looking at the even bigger picture - the slick stuff we played in the first half was a one-off. I'm not about to forgive Roeder for 45 minutes when we looked half-decent. You just have to listen to Roeder after a match and how utterly insipid he is, and then the way we look as a team makes perfect sense: we look like a team that's been sent out with a Glenn Roeder teamtalk mumbled monotone in its ears.

Agree totally with one slight edit