You're all blinkered

Happy Face

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye that's bollocks, but at the same time a lot of the shit that we've endured under Roeder has been worse than things were under Souness.

:(

I've been saying that for a while, and what's more, it's FACT. We were never the pushover at SJP under Souness that we have been at times under Roeder.

Aye that's bollocks, but at the same time a lot of the shit that we've endured under Roeder has been worse than things were under Souness.

Gemmill :) Souness man.

Two words. Amdy Faye.

I'm not talking about individuals, I'm talking about performances. Souness for all his faults would never have stood for some of the shit we've served up at SJP this season, which has been worse than anything under Souness in terms of the way we've meekly surrendered when put under any sort of pressure. We just didn't roll over for teams like we have been this season.

Two words. Amdy Faye.

I'm not talking about individuals, I'm talking about performances. Souness for all his faults would never have stood for some of the shit we've served up at SJP this season, which has been worse than anything under Souness in terms of the way we've meekly surrendered when put under any sort of pressure. We just didn't roll over for teams like we have been this season.

Genuinely outplayed by far more sides when we had a better squad imo. Souness was worse than Roeder man.

Two words. Amdy Faye.

:)

:)

Two words. Amdy Faye.

I'll raise you an Olivier Bernard.

Since when has he been our midfield 'engine' week in week out?

Bernard can't even get a game for the reserves man. What a signing. :(

Two words. Amdy Faye.

Genuinely outplayed by far more sides when we had a better squad imo. Souness was worse than Roeder man.

I would say so but it's a close run thing. Both are utterly incompetent managers.

Two words. Amdy Faye.

Bernard can't even get a game for the reserves man. What a signing. :(

Aye, Souness was the man for spending big money. He knew how to do that alright, he would have spent £8m on some lad from Benfica instead.

Bernard was a low risk, low cost move. I'm not going to defend his signing though.

I have to say some of the over reactions on the forums today have been laughable. We were definitely the better team in the first half. It was only when their goal went in, and then Sibi and Emre got injured, that we lost all our shape. I thought we did alright up until that point.

I, however, believe that we should go fro Big Sam. If he wasn't available I'd say stick with Roeder, but the current best English manager is available and in my opinion we need to go for him.

Two words. Amdy Faye.

I'm not convinced of that, but even if that's true my point still stands that some of the performances under Roeder have been worse than anything we saw under Souness.

Guest alex

Two words. Amdy Faye.

I thought we were just comparing shit signings. Btw there's not much to choose between both managers in terms of performances or stats really. It's a fucking joke either of them got the job.

Two words. Amdy Faye.

I thought we were just comparing shit signings. Btw there's not much to choose between both managers in terms of performances or stats really. It's a fucking joke either of them got the job.

It wasnt the fact that Souness signed him, it was the fact that he then played him week after week. He more than anyone exemplified the football we played under Souness.

Guest alex

Faye was shite like and where he played he couldn't hide either. The fact one single player doesn't really typify Roeder's reign in quite the same way doesn't necessarily make him any better as a manager. I hate both of them now though tbh.

I have to say some of the over reactions on the forums today have been laughable. We were definitely the better team in the first half. It was only when their goal went in, and then Sibi and Emre got injured, that we lost all our shape. I thought we did alright up until that point.

I, however, believe that we should go fro Big Sam. If he wasn't available I'd say stick with Roeder, but the current best English manager is available and in my opinion we need to go for him.

We should make a policy of it, first Glenn and now Sam. In fact, every season just appoint the current best English manager and one day we might even get a roll over. :(

For what it's worth, I hated Souness more than Roeder. At least Roeder hasn't got a dozen mates in the media telling us what a great job he's doing and how we should be giving him time etc. I'll never forget Souness' bum chum Hansen's "humble pie" article either.

Edited by Bombadil

OWEN.....not too bad on his first start after so long but lacked the service he needs.

MARTINS.....poorer than usual, thought he'd been taken off at half-time cos he was invisable.

SIBIERSKI........usual try hard stuff but no end result.

EMRE.......nowhere near as good as he could be.

DYER.....DIRE! should have ran Reading ragged with his pace.

ZOGGY.......close to being useless when he could have shone.

MILNER.....same-O same-O, lots of endeavour but few good balls in.

SOLANO....usual stuff, had a decent game.

BRAMBLE......usual stuff, say no more.

TAYLOR.......fair but not as good as he was last week.

CARR....fair but his efforts to get forward often stranded him.

HARPER........not the sharpest knife in the drawer last night.

AMEOBE.......hip or no hip looks just the same.

ROEDER....oh dear me.