You're all blinkered

Happy Face

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the turn-around last season, I actually hoped against hope, that he was the right man for the job.

But, now I am now wondering how much of that was perhaps actually down to Shearer, what we see now is just insipid and uninspiring.

Looking at the even bigger picture - the slick stuff we played in the first half was a one-off

Did exactly the same at Charlton and Fulham - problem is no goals when on top. I'd guess Sheff U was the same except we scored in the first half and them somehow got a winner.

It all boils down to missed chances - all this crap about having 4 good strikers next season. I'd keep Owen and ditch the rest (aswell as dyer obviously).

After the turn-around last season, I actually hoped against hope, that he was the right man for the job.

But, now I am now wondering how much of that was perhaps actually down to Shearer, what we see now is just insipid and uninspiring.

I've said that on numerous occasions, it can't be coincidence that we played much better and were more successful with Shearer in the management team. I know that comment's like that will likely bring out all the Shearer haters and their ilk but facts is facts.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

I don't suppose anyone has a screen cap of that shot of the bench with just under 20 mins to go? One nil down and Roeder is sitting there looking utterly perplexed and Pearson is lying book looking like he's trying to get 40 winks, it really summed up our in game management to me.

Aye, I thought the same thing.

Me too, our management team is an utter disgrace. Mind, the look on Shepherd's face reminded me of the Man City away game last year.

I don't suppose anyone has a screen cap of that shot of the bench with just under 20 mins to go? One nil down and Roeder is sitting there looking utterly perplexed and Pearson is lying book looking like he's trying to get 40 winks, it really summed up our in game management to me.

Aye, I thought the same thing.

Me too, our management team is an utter disgrace. Mind, the look on Shepherd's face reminded me of the Man City away game last year.

I think that was just wind.

Totally agree with Happy Face about the football (wankers is a bit harsh). Thought we were the better side, we looked very good in the first half. The problem in the second was Dyer. The little tit.

Owen knew how to beat their offside trap and twice showed Milner where to put it and he ended up hitting it long. Few more games together and things would have been different.

Totally agree with Happy Face about the football (wankers is a bit harsh). Thought we were the better side, we looked very good in the first half. The problem in the second was Dyer. The little tit.

Owen knew how to beat their offside trap and twice showed Milner where to put it and he ended up hitting it long. Few more games together and things would have been different.

We faded badly in the second half, you can't solely blame Dyer for the lack lustre performance of the other 10 players in that half.

We faded badly in the second half, you can't solely blame Dyer for the lack lustre performance of the other 10 players in that half.

Unfair, i know but i'm going to anyway :(

Bollocks. so you're saying that all of the shit games we played this season were because Owen wasn't on the pitch showing the others how to play?

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Bollocks. so you're saying that all of the shit games we played this season were because Owen wasn't on the pitch showing the others how to play?

No. I was referring to two occassions last night where Owen was pointing to where the ball should have been played. Not sure how you made that jump.

No. I was referring to two occassions last night where Owen was pointing to where the ball should have been played. Not sure how you made that jump.

You've got to wonder what the coaching team are doing then if it's taking Owen on the pitch to tell the players what to do...

You've got to wonder what the coaching team are doing then if it's taking Owen on the pitch to tell the players what to do...

Their defensive coach > our attacking coach.

Owen knew what to do. When Milner was floating in crosses from the right, with his right, Owen was pointing to a short flatter ball inside the box towards the near post which would have allowed him to spring the trap with some ease. No one else saw it though.

What attacking coach? Our coaching team consists of two ex-defenders and two ex-midfielders.

Keiron Dyer is shit. I know some of the others are not too good but to hear the pundits go on about how good Dyer is, is a fucking joke.

Cost us the goal and nearly cost us a second one. :(

What attacking coach? Our coaching team consists of two ex-defenders and two ex-midfielders.

Keiron Dyer is shit. I know some of the others are not too good but to hear the pundits go on about how good Dyer is, is a fucking joke.

Cost us the goal and nearly cost us a second one. :(

Blame lies here.

Changed the thread title because it was rude. I apologise but I was pissed up/off. Just got a bit sick of the naysayers going on like it was the worst performance of all time when we actually outperformed a side very much in the European running.

Changed the thread title because it was rude. I apologise but I was pissed up/off. Just got a bit sick of the naysayers going on like it was the worst performance of all time when we actually outperformed a side very much in the European running for about half an hour.

FYP

Changed the thread title because it was rude. I apologise but I was pissed up/off. Just got a bit sick of the naysayers going on like it was the worst performance of all time when we actually outperformed a side very much in the European running for about half an hour.

FYP

...but to a far greater degree than they did us for any period in the remainder of the game.

FYP

...but to a far greater degree than they did us for any period in the remainder of the game.

They got a lucky goal after a howler from Dyer, then had a a good 10 minutes. Nothing else.