You're all blinkered

Happy Face

People are fucking sick of us losing games. We've lost loads this season and we should have lost a number of the games we won. I'm sick of Roeder full stop, so the fact that we played a bit better than usual in a game we still contrived to lose isn't going to see me cutting him some slack.

We lost. We're in 12th. We're shit and getting shitter unless he goes.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changed the thread title because it was rude. I apologise but I was pissed up/off. Just got a bit sick of the naysayers going on like it was the worst performance of all time when we actually outperformed a side very much in the European running.

for 20mins we played ok in the first half. Good passing on the floor and to feet and a strong positive approcah to the game

But for fuck sake the game is 90+ minutes. What do we outperform in the second half? The fucking Reading mascot? We were second to every ball, all the long balls were easily brushed away the Reading defence. AND, yes AND by Michael fucking Duberry!!! We had the pace on the field to enter an Olympic race yet we didnt use it against that sloth of a twat Dubs

So what fucking match did you see where we out did Reading?>!?!!!?!?!?

Edited by wykikitoon

They won.

I'm confused. Is HF pissed off because people are pissed off? Because I thought we were all supposed to be happy losing.

Im just confused on what match he watched?

I dont wont slug boy at the club anymore becuase he is fucking clueless, now if we had won I would have still thought that!

It was Reading ffs. :(

Who could finish 5th quite easily. Watford at home then Blackburn away. Everton have Portsmouth and Chelsea and Bolton have West Ham away then Villa.

And?

Who could finish 5th quite easily. Watford at home then Blackburn away. Everton have Portsmouth and Chelsea and Bolton have West Ham away then Villa.

Yeah, but we shouldn't be celebrating the fact that we outplayed Reading for a portion of the first half. This lot were in the Championship last season. Yeah they've come up and had a great first season in the Premiership, but not to the extent where I'll consider a 20 minute period where we bossed them as a success.

They won.

I'm confused. Is HF pissed off because people are pissed off? Because I thought we were all supposed to be happy losing.

I dont wont slug boy at the club anymore becuase he is fucking clueless, now if we had won I would have still thought that!

We were in control of the game for 51 minutes. I think HF's point is that people slagging the whole perfomance are blinkered. This is a side that could quite easily finish 5th and we were away from home.

Yeah, but we shouldn't be celebrating the fact that we outplayed Reading for a portion of the first half. This lot were in the Championship last season. Yeah they've come up and had a great first season in the Premiership, but not to the extent where I'll consider a 20 minute period where we bossed them as a success.

EXACTLY!!

Slug Boy should phone Coppell up and borrow his dictionary and look up the words organisation and team something we lack by a lot!

They won.

We were in control of the game for 51 minutes. I think HF's point is that people slagging the whole perfomance are blinkered. This is a side that could quite easily finish 5th and we were away from home.

51minutes?

Is that including half time? We were out done on the night and thats the end of the situation

We were out done by a team with "lesser" players. Coppell has done a great job in organising the team. From defence up front. We on the other hand couldnt even enter a 3 legged race because they wouldnt know what to do. Roeder hasnt an idea on how to organise a team and last night highlighted this.

Yes we were away from home and for 20mins we did play well, but finishing 5th isnt a massive acheivement with the shower of shit we have in the EPL at the moment is it?

They won.

51minutes?

Is that including half time? We were out done on the night and thats the end of the situation

In your opinion and i consider that post a 'non-post'. Its one of those posts where people just say the opposite of what you have and expect it to be considered debate.

Their goal was their first shot on target, on 51 minutes. We had a lot of opportunities in that period therefore we were in control of the game.

Now you try.

I thought the first half was decent, but nothing more. We fell apart in the second half. The passing was shocking at times. Any pass under the slightest bit of pressure or longer then 5m went to the opposition. Emre is the absolut most awful "good" passer of the ball, I've ever seen tbh.

Dyer was clearly at fault for their goal. He wasn't helped by not given anyoptions from his midfield team mates though, which led to him keeping the ball too long. And even in the first half you could see that there is no real shape in the style of play. The only one with decent movement was in fact Owen - the rest just running around with no real clue. It would be nice if Martins would be able to pick up just a fraction of this ability.

And Bramble should just f*ck off as soon as possible.

They won.

51minutes?

In your opinion and i consider that post a 'non-post'. Its one of those posts where people just say the opposite of what you have and expect it to be considered debate.

Their goal was their first shot on target, on 51 minutes. We had a lot of opportunities in that period therefore we were in control of the game.

Now you try.

Come on man, we didn't have that many opportunities, did we? We played some nice stuff from the off but it gradually got worse and by the end it was dire. We can't score, that's a fact. Were you seriously happy with yesterday's performance?

They won.

51minutes?

Now you try.

I cant see how you can say we were in "control" In the first half yes we were passing the ball on the floor but not really getting anywhere and yes, nor were Reading. We did seem comfortable in Midfield without any pressure. As soon as pressure came to us Tight Arse shit it and launched the ball at Harper who on a couple of times came close to fucking it up.

After half time things changed dramitically as Slug Boys talk must have sent the players to sleep. All of a sudden it was long ball heaven with Reading totally dominating us in the air. Why not use Owens & Oba's pace and hit them? No lets launch it and hope!!

When Sib & Emre went off injured we didnt change the shape of how we played at all, we were simply shite.

Dont forget, Reading had 2 clear pens turned down IMO of course.

So let me ask, who on here thinks we were in control last night? If in control means getting beat then bring it on baby!

They won.

51minutes?

Now you try.

Come on man, we didn't have that many opportunities, did we? We played some nice stuff from the off but it gradually got worse and by the end it was dire. We can't score, that's a fact. Were you seriously happy with yesterday's performance?

They also had some decent opportunities before they scored. Duberry's free shot over the bar after a corner springs to my mind...

They won.

51minutes?

Now you try.

For 51 minutes, yes. Then they had a decent 10 mins then Zog came on for emre and we lost it completely.

They won.

51minutes?

Now you try.

For 51 minutes, yes. Then they had a decent 10 mins then Zog came on for emre and we lost it completely.

Well I was reasonably happy until they scored too but it's the performance over 90 minutes that counts.

They won.

51minutes?

Now you try.

Well I was reasonably happy until they scored too but it's the performance over 90 minutes that counts.

Same here, i wasnt delirious but just that, thought we were in control.

I thought we deserved a point out of the game.

for 20mins we played ok in the first half. Good passing on the floor and to feet and a strong positive approcah to the game

But for fuck sake the game is 90+ minutes. What do we outperform in the second half? The fucking Reading mascot? We were second to every ball, all the long balls were easily brushed away the Reading defence. AND, yes AND by Michael fucking Duberry!!! We had the pace on the field to enter an Olympic race yet we didnt use it against that sloth of a twat Dubs

What match did you watch? Take a look at the stats...

http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx...l=football_home

Our second half was poor, but last night people were going on like it was the worst they'd ever seen us play. Over 90 minutes we held the ball more, passed it better, got it back when we lost it more, shot more and hit the target more. Harper was dealt his first shot at the start of the second half....and it went in. After that our hearts weren't in it at all. It was a sucker punch that knocked us out for the count.

The people who want us to lose (for our own good) are jumping on everything they can to pound Roeder over the head with it. Which is fair enough, given the evidence that he isn't a good manager, but when nobody is giving any credit whatsoever when I think a modicum is due, I'll try to say what I think.

Guest alex

Our second half was poor, but last night people were going on like it was the worst they'd ever seen us play. Over 90 minutes we held the ball more, passed it better, got it back when we lost it more, shot more and hit the target more. Harper was dealt his first shot at the start of the second half....and it went in. After that our hearts weren't in it at all. It was a sucker punch that knocked us out for the count.

The people who want us to lose (for our own good) are jumping on everything they can to pound Roeder over the head with it. Which is fair enough, given the evidence that he isn't a good manager, but when nobody is giving any credit whatsoever when I think a modicum is due, I'll try to say what I think.

And ignore the match report that goes with it? :(

It's blatantly a lie. It's ignoring all our "sitters" and speaking of first half chances from Reading.

Anyway, speaking of stats. It's nice that Ameobi didn't use his time off to learn the offside rule...

To be honest, when I was watching the match last night and they were putting things up like Goal Attempts - Reading 8 Newcastle 10, I was thinking when the fuck did THEY happen?!

Yeah, because that's just like their opinion man!

Last night people were saying it was the worst they'd seen us play since Souness was here. I'm sorry but that's just bollocks.

Yeah, because that's just like their opinion man!

Last night people were saying it was the worst they'd seen us play since Souness was here. I'm sorry but that's just bollocks.

I concur that's bollocks. But if yesterday was a highlight, that's even more depressing.