You're all blinkered

Happy Face

OWEN.....not too bad on his first start after so long but lacked the service he needs.

MARTINS.....poorer than usual, thought he'd been taken off at half-time cos he was invisable.

SIBIERSKI........usual try hard stuff but no end result.

EMRE.......nowhere near as good as he could be.

DYER.....DIRE! should have ran Reading ragged with his pace.

ZOGGY.......close to being useless when he could have shone.

MILNER.....same-O same-O, lots of endeavour but few good balls in.

SOLANO....usual stuff, had a decent game.

BRAMBLE......usual stuff, say no more.

TAYLOR.......fair but not as good as he was last week.

CARR....fair but his efforts to get forward often stranded him.

HARPER........not the sharpest knife in the drawer last night.

AMEOBE.......hip or no hip looks just the same.

ROEDER....oh dear me.

OWEN.....not too bad on his first start after so long but lacked the service he needs.

MARTINS.....poorer than usual, thought he'd been taken off at half-time cos he was invisable.

ROEDER....oh dear me.

Get rid!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw HF, I don't get your sig. How are you calculating maximum points if you're including cup games and replays?

Eh? Maximum points?

Whether it's the cup or league, I've given them 3 for a win and 1 for a draw.

Roeder has now played 72, that's potentially 216 points

He's won 33 and drawn 16 so he's achieved 115 points

115/216 = 0.5324

So he's now on 53.2%

HF I kinda get what you are saying, BUT I also think you are being a little soft on Roeder.

The stats can give many differnt indications of the game, the main one taht is important is the full time score. In the second half we were outdone by a better team doing the basics correctly, that is what we failed to do IMO.

If Roeder over 6 games or so had showen a plan B or C (fuck me I would take a plan A atm) then maybe I would be a little softer on him, but to be honest we are clueless.

Our defence doesnt communicate, our defence doesnt....defend. Our Midfield doesnt work as a unit and who in the whole league plays two defending midfielders together at home?

Clueless, not as bad as the Man City game before Souness got sacked but still BAD! Not as bad as the League Cup game against Wigan under Souness but BAD.

Edited by wykikitoon

BTW, in 15 games time Roeder will have been in charge as long as Souness. He'll need to win 6 and draw 3 of them to match Souness' record.

Who thinks he can do it?

Not me.

HF I kinda get what you are saying, BUT I also think you are being a little soft on Roeder.

The stats can give many differnt indications of the game, the main one taht is important is the full time score. In the second half we were outdone by a better team doing the basics correctly, that is what we failed to do IMO.

If Roeder over 6 games or so had showen a plan B or C (fuck me I would take a plan A atm) then maybe I would be a little softer on him, but to be honest we are clueless.

Our defence doesnt communicate, our defence doesnt....defend. Our Midfield doesnt work as a unit and who in the whole league plays to defending midfielders together at home?

Clueless, not as bad as the Man City game before Souness got sacked but still BAD! Not as bad as the League Cup game against Wigan under Souness but BAD.

I agree completely, but when a thick kid draws a nice picture you don't punch his face in. You give credit where it's due. People were slating the performance based on previous performances, I thought it could be better judged on it's own terms.

Our defence doesnt communicate, our defence doesnt....defend. Our Midfield doesnt work as a unit and who in the whole league plays to defending midfielders together at home?

I agree completely, but when a thick kid draws a nice picture you don't punch his face in. You give credit where it's due. People were slating the performance based on previous performances, I thought it could be better judged on it's own terms.

Are you trying to say we shouldn't go round kicking spastic's in because Roeder's trying his best? :( Or am I missing the point?

Btw HF, I don't get your sig. How are you calculating maximum points if you're including cup games and replays?

Eh? Maximum points?

115/216 = 0.5324

So he's now on 53.2%

You can't include Cup games, the standard of teams we've played in the Intertoto and UEFA Cup are nowhere near the quality we played in the CL thus distorting the results.

Eh? Maximum points?

115/216 = 0.5324

So he's now on 53.2%

You can't include Cup games, the standard of teams we've played in the Intertoto and UEFA Cup are nowhere near the quality we played in the CL thus distorting the results.

It's been pointed out before. But I say...

1) You can only beat the teams you're up against.

2) It should be easier to motivate players for a game in front of a full house against Europe's elite.

3) A team in the Champions league can attract better players than Sibierski and Bernard.

Are you trying to say we shouldn't go round kicking spastic's in because Roeder's trying his best? :( Or am I missing the point?

All I'm saying is we don't know what complications there might have been with his op, and I'm not comfortable abusing a retard.

So because Roeder got 20 - 30mins work out of the players we should applause? It maybe not all Roeders fault, are the players not playing for him like they did towards the end of Souness's reign?

I dont think it is myself, we had the pace and the players to beat Reading last night but it didnt happend due to a manager whom cant think on the spot and adapt to a situation. IE telling the players to hit Reading with pace etc.

Like what has been said when the camera went to the bench and Peason was having a kip, it says it all. If they can motivate themselves to get up and bark instructions then what are the players gonna do? The Reading first team coach (Wally or summit) was up all the time arranging etc

Its sad, very sad.

I don't suppose anyone has a screen cap of that shot of the bench with just under 20 mins to go? One nil down and Roeder is sitting there looking utterly perplexed and Pearson is lying book looking like he's trying to get 40 winks, it really summed up our in game management to me.

Aye, I thought the same thing.

i563003_untitled.JPG

I don't suppose anyone has a screen cap of that shot of the bench with just under 20 mins to go? One nil down and Roeder is sitting there looking utterly perplexed and Pearson is lying book looking like he's trying to get 40 winks, it really summed up our in game management to me.

i563003_untitled.JPG

That picture speaks a thousand words, although to be fair to Pearson, he was probably in a coma from Roeder's halftime team talk.

i563003_untitled.JPG

That picture speaks a thousand words, although to be fair to Pearson, he was probably in a coma from Roeder's halftime team talk.

:(

I thought the first half was decent, but nothing more. We fell apart in the second half. The passing was shocking at times. Any pass under the slightest bit of pressure or longer then 5m went to the opposition. Emre is the absolut most awful "good" passer of the ball, I've ever seen tbh.

Dyer was clearly at fault for their goal. He wasn't helped by not given anyoptions from his midfield team mates though, which led to him keeping the ball too long. And even in the first half you could see that there is no real shape in the style of play. The only one with decent movement was in fact Owen - the rest just running around with no real clue. It would be nice if Martins would be able to pick up just a fraction of this ability.

And Bramble should just f*ck off as soon as possible.

Isegrim bashing Emre again. :(

He was the best player for us in the first half, dropping back to collect the ball from the defenders before bringing it out and spreading the play about, the only missed pass from him that I remember was a pass to Owen that he played first time and went out for a throw. He also worked his bollocks off closing down in the first half while Dyer and Sibierski stood around like statues.

Reading came into it more in the second half but it wasn't until Emre went off that it went completely tits up, without him dropping back and collecting the ball we were left with Bramble hoofing it up field time and time again.

I thought the first half was decent, but nothing more. We fell apart in the second half. The passing was shocking at times. Any pass under the slightest bit of pressure or longer then 5m went to the opposition. Emre is the absolut most awful "good" passer of the ball, I've ever seen tbh.

Dyer was clearly at fault for their goal. He wasn't helped by not given anyoptions from his midfield team mates though, which led to him keeping the ball too long. And even in the first half you could see that there is no real shape in the style of play. The only one with decent movement was in fact Owen - the rest just running around with no real clue. It would be nice if Martins would be able to pick up just a fraction of this ability.

He was the best player for us in the first half, dropping back to collect the ball from the defenders before bringing it out and spreading the play about, the only missed pass from him that I remember was a pass to Owen that he played first time and went out for a throw. He also worked his bollocks off closing down in the first half while Dyer and Sibierski stood around like statues.

Reading came into it more in the second half but it wasn't until Emre went off that it went completely tits up, without him dropping back and collecting the ball we were left with Bramble hoofing it up field time and time again.

Totally agree with the Emre opinions.

He had a couple of times where he played the ball straight or run directly into the opposition and lost the ball, just like Dyer did when it lead to Reading's goal. And again, I don't deny that he worked hard and won a couple of balls in defence. But he offers nothing, absolutely nothing, to take the game forward. And yes, I really do wonder what people do see in him. Imho he is nearly as (in)effective as Amdy Faye - whose defensive work wasn't bad either. And as much as Anal O. keeps banging on Bayern being interested in him, Bayern are looking for a creative player at the moment and nearly every creative player has been named in recent weeks. Emre wasn't among them, even though I really wished he was.

ROEDER....oh dear me.

ROEDER....oh dear me.

Get rid!

What exactly do you think the point of a post llike this is? Do you think this is ever going to happen?

i563003_untitled.JPG

"I wonder if Lee's found the new Solano yet?"

Dyer's mistake on 51 and Emre for Zog on 60 were the two decisive moments. I thought Emre got the closing down part of his game together properly and had a very strong 60 mins. He is injury prone though.

Dyer's mistake on 51 and Emre for Zog on 60 were the two decisive moments. I thought Emre got the closing down part of his game together properly and had a very strong 60 mins. He is injury prone though.

Even I have never questioned his ability to close down the opposition and work hard. And I thought it would be obvious that my comparison with Faye was a sarcastic exaggeration. But I think there lies more truth in it than some people might want though. For all his good defensive work (and I agree that it affected our team badly on Monday) it is getting balanced out by his poor positive contribution to the game. I really wonder if I am watching different games, but don't people see how often he loses possession when he is on the ball? I can't remember him taking on any player and keeping the ball. There were at least three occasions I remember that could have had the same effect as Dyer's howler.

But my major grief with Emre (leaving aside the fact that he is one of the biggest *word that catmag doesn't like* in football with absolutely no sportsmanship) is that his positive contribution to the build up is really poor. He is supposed to be a good passer. But is he really spreading the play around as much as it is suggested? I hardly remember any inventive pass from him. He is not really picking out players cleverly or shifting play. The only imaginative ball I do remember was the ball to Owen in the first minute - and that was also hardly a masterpiece of accuracy. Aside from this his contribution to the build up mostly consists of short passes in the own half. Can't we really expect more from the alleged "Maradona of the Bosporus"?

Even I have never questioned his ability to close down the opposition and work hard. And I thought it would be obvious that my comparison with Faye was a sarcastic exaggeration. But I think there lies more truth in it than some people might want though. For all his good defensive work (and I agree that it affected our team badly on Monday) it is getting balanced out by his poor positive contribution to the game. I really wonder if I am watching different games, but don't people see how often he loses possession when he is on the ball? I can't remember him taking on any player and keeping the ball. There were at least three occasions I remember that could have had the same effect as Dyer's howler.

But my major grief with Emre (leaving aside the fact that he is one of the biggest *word that catmag doesn't like* in football with absolutely no sportsmanship) is that his positive contribution to the build up is really poor. He is supposed to be a good passer. But is he really spreading the play around as much as it is suggested? I hardly remember any inventive pass from him. He is not really picking out players cleverly or shifting play. The only imaginative ball I do remember was the ball to Owen in the first minute - and that was also hardly a masterpiece of accuracy. Aside from this his contribution to the build up mostly consists of short passes in the own half. Can't we really expect more from the alleged "Maradona of the Bosporus"?

If you look at the better teams in the Premiership you will see they all have players like Emre as their holding man for the majority of games, Carrick, Mascherano, Gilberto, Zokora etc do exactly the same job as he done on monday, close down the opposition and keep the game flowing in midfield.

You say Emre isn't a very good passer of the ball yet his successful pass rate is better than anyone else in our team, he doesn't make 70 yard cross field passes like Gerrard of Lampard but he keeps the team ticking over in midfield, he's a player who constantly looks for the ball to shift on and I've said many times before what we end up doing when he's out, hoofing it long because Parker is a technically shite player.

Ideally we need a playmaker to play in front of him who can push forward and contribute with goals.

Baggio mate, he gives the ball away a canny bit. At one point on Monday night he was 10 yards away from Milner(I think) who was on the touchline, and he passed the ball 2 yards behind Milner and straight out of play. And Milner was stationary. :(