You're all blinkered

Happy Face

Baggio mate, he gives the ball away a canny bit. At one point on Monday night he was 10 yards away from Milner(I think) who was on the touchline, and he passed the ball 2 yards behind Milner and straight out of play. And Milner was stationary. :(

It was Owen and I've pointed that out as the only time I remember him giving the ball away on monday a few posts up.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can go over this again and again and not come to an agreement. I expect much more from Emre. I don't think that he is really making the team ticking in midfield (rather making my blood boiling) which is why there is hardly coming anything from the centre of the park. And I maintain with my verdict that he loses a lot of balls for an alleged good passer and that his passing accuracy for passes longer than 5m is rather poor. To compare him to the likes of Carrick or Gilberto who are actually productive and taking the game into the opposition half and are able to pick out forwards in good positions is ridiculous.

Baggio mate, he gives the ball away a canny bit. At one point on Monday night he was 10 yards away from Milner(I think) who was on the touchline, and he passed the ball 2 yards behind Milner and straight out of play. And Milner was stationary. :(

Thanks, I really do wonder sometimes if I watch different games. I watched the game with friends and moaned a couple of times about Emre losing the ball again. The poor touch on the right touchline was just the poorest, but a good example for his sloppiness.

We can go over this again and again and not come to an agreement. I expect much more from Emre. I don't think that he is really making the team ticking in midfield (rather making my blood boiling) which is why there is hardly coming anything from the centre of the park. And I maintain with my verdict that he loses a lot of balls for an alleged good passer and that his passing accuracy for passes longer than 5m is rather poor. To compare him to the likes of Carrick or Gilberto who are actually productive and taking the game into the opposition half and are able to pick out forwards in good positions is ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous to compare his game to Carrick and Gilberto, both are better players I agree but the role they play is similar, they both have a better attacking midfielder to link up with too which makes their job alot easier.

I've said before (I seem to remember you agreeing with me too) that Emre would be a completely different player if he was playing in a team set up like Arsenals.

How is it ridiculous to compare his game to Carrick and Gilberto, both are better players I agree but the role they play is similar, they both have a better attacking midfielder to link up with too which makes their job alot easier.

I've said before (I seem to remember you agreeing with me too) that Emre would be a completely different player if he was playing in a team set up like Arsenals.

I think it is ridiculous as those players (not Mascherano who is rather a Makelele) are interpreting their roles much more positive than Emre is doing. It is not just down to an attacking midfielder in front of them, they push the whole team further forward and really spread the game by giving the ball to the wingers and shifting the game from one side to another when needed.

And yes, I don't disagree that better players around him at Arsenal would make Emre look better. But he isn't playing at Arsenal and that's why I judge him at what he is doing for Newcastle. And that is not as good as many people make out in my opinion.

Edited by Isegrim

Arsenal or Man Utd wouldn't touch Emre with a barge pole either though would they?

They wouldn't touch any of our players apart from Owen so I wouldn't use that to knock him.

Guest alex

Arsenal or Man Utd wouldn't touch Emre with a barge pole either though would they?

They wouldn't touch any of our players apart from Owen so I wouldn't use that to knock him.

N'Zogbia ;)