Sick days

MrMiyagi

Pulled one today. Feel guilty now. Didn't want to miss the Champions League though :( First one I've had in over a year. Someone please assure me that I'm entitled to a faked-sicky now and then, please...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled one today. Feel guilty now. Didn't want to miss the Champions League though :( First one I've had in over a year. Someone please assure me that I'm entitled to a faked-sicky now and then, please...

Is that a joke?

Is that a joke?

No, why?

Is that a joke?

No, why?

Cos I'm asking.

Is that a joke?

No, why?

Cos I'm asking.

Why would it have been a joke?

Is that a joke?

No, why?

Cos I'm asking.

Why would it have been a joke?

I'll ask the questions.

I was going to take my first one in a long time today. Got a throat infection and lost my voice, currently communicating with my co-workers by post-its. Wankers are taking the piss, so I'm going home in a minute. Mongs.

Depends where you work. If is a big operation with lots of staff to cover your absence I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

If it's a small independently run place where your colleagues will be rushed, stressed and harassed in covering for you, you should be ashamed.

Sick days can and should be used as a supplement to annual leave where you feel your annual leave is inadequate. No guilt is necessary.

Well my annual leave is definitely inadequate...

Sick days can and should be used as a supplement to annual leave where you feel your annual leave is inadequate. No guilt is necessary.

How inadequate?

It's nice to have a "working from home" option.

This totally boils my piss.

Tantamount to a urinary infection in fact....feel like a couple of days off to recover.

How inadequate?

Well I'm entitled to 27 days + bank holidays etc. But in reality, the last day off I had outside of the normal holidays (christmas, new year etc) was last year during the world cup!

How inadequate?

Well I'm entitled to 27 days + bank holidays etc. But in reality, the last day off I had outside of the normal holidays (christmas, new year etc) was last year during the world cup!

I'd take your entitlement like!

Whaaaaaat? 58 days?! The Dutch people that work for my company get 50 days I think (it's a Dutch company). The plebs that they have working for them in other countries get half that though. :(

Whaaaaaat? 58 days?! The Dutch people that work for my company get 50 days I think (it's a Dutch company). The plebs that they have working for them in other countries get half that though. :(

Thats the beauty of working "continental" shifts, 12hr days, 12hr nights, weekends, bank holidays, often doing 50hrs+ a week, they do "reward" me with some time off, and by then I fucking need it.