Charles N'Zogbia

Gemmill

What's happened to him? :( Out of all the players in the squad he's the one that's gone backwards miles since Roeder took over. I'm not looking to turn this into another Roeder bashing thread, but the lad looks totally disenchanted when a season and a bit ago, he looked like one of the best prospects we've had in a long time. What's going on?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought he was a bit over-rated tbh; a good prospect but nothing more. Now it looks like he may never become that prospect, don't know why though.

We signed a £5m trophy player instead of addressing the actual weaknesses in our team. Simple as that really.

Shouldn't N'Zogbia be fighting for his place though? He's been crap this year tbf.

Guest alex

A fall out between him and Roeder I guess. Not necessarily Roeder's fault in fairness but it's all part of a bigger picture of managerial incompetence.

Put in the pecking order below Roeder's own signings. Not only Duff, but also Sibierski. The Arsene Wenger way of working with young prospects Roeder says he wants to copy .... Errr .... well...

We signed a £5m trophy player instead of addressing the actual weaknesses in our team. Simple as that really.

Shouldn't N'Zogbia be fighting for his place though? He's been crap this year tbf.

He's been kept out of the team by a bloke that shouldn't have been getting a game - pretty demoralising I imagine. Then when he's finally fit and the other bloke gets injured, we rejig the team so that he still doesn't get a game.

But Duff starts regardless of form, so why bother fighting...

He's been kept out of the team by a bloke that shouldn't have been getting a game - pretty demoralising I imagine. Then when he's finally fit and the other bloke gets injured, we rejig the team so that he still doesn't get a game.

I don't really buy that, competition should make him more determined. Maybe he hasn't warranted his place; difficult to believe, I know, considering the opposition.

I don't really buy that, competition should make him more determined. Maybe he hasn't warranted his place; difficult to believe, I know, considering the opposition.

In the ideal case yes. But not every player responds to this kind of "motivation" in the same way. I think the fact that Roeder rather plays right footed players in this position would piss me off big time as well. And unhappy players rarely perform.

It's been suggested in the past that N'Zogbia has an attitude problem, that coupled with Roeder's man management skills are the key to this situation, Roeder couldn't inspire an alcoholic into a pub.

Guest alex

Given the injuries, if Roeder wants to prove a point he should play him against Blackburn. A shit, performance at home lacking in effort would show people that N'Zogbia is the one with the problem, if indeed that is the case.

In the ideal case yes. But not every player responds to this kind of "motivation" in the same way. I think the fact that Roeder rather plays right footed players in this position would piss me off big time as well. And unhappy players rarely perform.

Then he shouldnt be playing sport for a living. Simple as that. If a sportsman doesnt respond to competition then they should be booted out of the sport.

Get rid.

I am a big fan of Zoggy and the treatment he has had this season is demoralising indeed. I'm not saying he in no way to blame... but Roeder's team selections have been ridiculous. Only times he has got things right were when his hand was forced. Look at yesterday for example, the only two subs he made were when we had players who physically couldn't carry on. Still then it took him until the second one to address the problem.

I couldnt really blame Zoggy if he's had a few fits of annoyance over this season. Nothing a run in the side as a starter won't fix... Roeder doesnt seem to see it that way though.

I noticed last night that Roeder had his arm around him while giving him instructions before he came on, though I don't know if we can read into that too much as a way of judging their relationship.

Guest alex

Then he shouldnt be playing sport for a living. Simple as that. If a sportsman doesnt respond to competition then they should be booted out of the sport.

Get rid.

It doesn't work like that, loads of players regardless of their talent would have got the hump the way N'Zogbia appears to have done with the treatment he's had. There's definitely been favouritism shown towards Duff for example which is understandable but not right. Signing Duff in the first place was less understandable. To turn things round, N'Zogbia could have been performing better than Duff in training etc. earlier in the season but still not getting a look-in. Either way, one of the main things about being a good manager is knowing how to deal with different personalities.

Get rid.

Nonsense. There have been loads of players who liked to throw a tantrum when they are not treated like prima donnas. I'm not saying that N'Zogbia is in the league of Romario or Klinsmann for example, but to say those kind of players should not be playing sport for a living is hilarious. :( You have to deal with them as they are - good managers are able to.

Get rid.

It doesn't work like that, loads of players regardless of their talent would have got the hump the way N'Zogbia appears to have done with the treatment he's had. There's definitely been favouritism shown towards Duff for example which is understandable but not right. Signing Duff in the first place was less understandable. To turn things round, N'Zogbia could have been performing better than Duff in training etc. earlier in the season but still not getting a look-in. Either way, one of the main things about being a good manager is knowing how to deal with different personalities.

The point being he has to fight for his place. If its not in his nature to fight for his place then my point stands.

As for his treatment, he is young and not that good. You'd think we had Romario on our hands.

I noticed last night that Roeder had his arm around him while giving him instructions before he came on, though I don't know if we can read into that too much as a way of judging their relationship.

Roeder's been touching him up? That explains a lot........... :(

Get rid.

Nonsense. There have been loads of players who liked to throw a tantrum when they are not treated like prima donnas. I'm not saying that N'Zogbia is in the league of Romario or Klinsmann for example, but to say those kind of players should not be playing sport for a living is hilarious. :( You have to deal with them as they are - good managers are able to.

Those players 'demonstrated' why they should be in the team when they were on the pitch. Massive difference here. Both of those players had fierce competitive spirits too, so not sure wtf you are on about. Maybe my point about him needing a competitive nature needs re-iterating.

Guest alex

Get rid.

The point being he has to fight for his place. If its not in his nature to fight for his place then my point stands.

As for his treatment, he is young and not that good. You'd think we had Romario on our hands.

His attitude was class until recently though, on the pitch anyway. Not all down to Roeder necessarily again but I would tend to blame him as he seems so clueless when it comes to motivation, tactics and so on.