Charles N'Zogbia

Gemmill

Guest alex

Can we blame Roeder for Taylor playing shite? ;)

Taylor has had shite games this season but he's also had excellent games too, what he needs is someone to bollock him when he tries to be a one man army running around with his chest puffed out.

N'Zogbia on the other hand has been terrible, his passing, crossing and link up play has never been that good but what he did have going for him was his explosive pace when he ran at people, seems he's been figured out by a lot of defenders.

More shit than good imo. When's he played class this season? Against Chelsea.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's an average player who was in excellent form for about 3 months.

Anything over £5 million and I'd sell.

;)

And in my opinion that is pure nonsense. He has been the best young prospect I have seen in a Newcastle shirt in the last ten years. And he was in good form for more or less the whole last season. <_<

He wasn't, up until Christmas last year people were saying how great Taylor was with little mention of N'Zgobia apart from after the odd performance, he picked up after that and played really well in the run in.

Blaming Roeder for him being shite is the easy option.

Honestly, I wonder if we are watching the same matches? N'Zogbia had a really good start to the season that earned him the starting place. Then (like all players around him) he faded away a bit, but found his form again in the second half of the season. Overall a pretty good season for a young player and considering the state the team was in. He isn't an ex-Inter-player though...

He didn't earn a starting place, we started the season with him as our only left winger, we then bought Luque to play there but he got injured on his second or third appearance and was out for 3months.

We could have played or tried a lot other players there if he really had been poor as you suggest. Pattison, O'Brien, Emre, could have kept Milner etc.

I really think you talk utter tosh tbh, for which reasons I am not sure. :P

;)

And in my opinion that is pure nonsense. He has been the best young prospect I have seen in a Newcastle shirt in the last ten years. And he was in good form for more or less the whole last season. <_<

He wasn't, up until Christmas last year people were saying how great Taylor was with little mention of N'Zgobia apart from after the odd performance, he picked up after that and played really well in the run in.

Honestly, I wonder if we are watching the same matches? N'Zogbia had a really good start to the season that earned him the starting place. Then (like all players around him) he faded away a bit, but found his form again in the second half of the season. Overall a pretty good season for a young player and considering the state the team was in. He isn't an ex-Inter-player though...

He didn't earn a starting place, we started the season with him as our only left winger, we then bought Luque to play there but he got injured on his second or third appearance and was out for 3months.

We could have played or tried a lot other players there if he really had been poor as you suggest. Pattison, O'Brien, Emre, could have kept Milner etc.

I really think you talk utter tosh tbh, for which reasons I am not sure. :P

Emre was first choice in midfield so he wasn't going to be moved out there, Milner going out on loan was the only way we could get Solano back, O'Brien and Pattison are not even good enough for the Championship (I think Pattison had a broken leg anyway)

N'Zogbia was the obvious player to step in as he'd finished the previous season playing in that position.

Btw I never said he was poor, just not the great talent some seem to think he was.

Edited by Baggio

;)

And in my opinion that is pure nonsense. He has been the best young prospect I have seen in a Newcastle shirt in the last ten years. And he was in good form for more or less the whole last season. :P

Your fucking kidding, right?

All from .com match reports:

V citeh 25/09/2005

In fairness, City were probably too busy trying to get a foothold in midfield, where Parker and Clark looked bedded in, Charlie Zog showed more promise and Bowyer's pass released Owen to score what proved to be the decisive goal.

V pompey 04/02/2006

We also seemed to play at a better tempo and show some forward movement; N'Zogbia trying to run at the defence down the centre, Emre's livewire showing and even a spring in Shearer's step as he benefited from having some support and not having the ball dropping out of the sky at him.

Actually I wish I could find true faith's player of the season results from last season. If I remember correctly he was one of our top four players last season based on supporter voting.

I think what is frustrating about this is the club fought so hard to keep him when we offered him a contract from Le Harve and now we are just going to piss him away because of the current useless twat in charge and his lack of managerial ability. And yes that is Roeder's fault.

;)

And in my opinion that is pure nonsense. He has been the best young prospect I have seen in a Newcastle shirt in the last ten years. And he was in good form for more or less the whole last season. :P

Your fucking kidding, right?

All from .com match reports:

V citeh 25/09/2005

In fairness, City were probably too busy trying to get a foothold in midfield, where Parker and Clark looked bedded in, Charlie Zog showed more promise and Bowyer's pass released Owen to score what proved to be the decisive goal.

V pompey 04/02/2006

We also seemed to play at a better tempo and show some forward movement; N'Zogbia trying to run at the defence down the centre, Emre's livewire showing and even a spring in Shearer's step as he benefited from having some support and not having the ball dropping out of the sky at him.

Actually I wish I could find true faith's player of the season results from last season. If I remember correctly he was one of our top four players last season based on supporter voting.

I think what is frustrating about this is the club fought so hard to keep him when we offered him a contract from Le Harve and now we are just going to piss him away because of the current useless twat in charge and his lack of managerial ability. And yes that is Roeder's fault.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that, I said he wasn't that great in the first half of the season apart from the odd appearance and he played really well after Christmas, those quotes from .com's match reports hardly prove me wrong.

Also being in the top 4 last season based on voting doesn't prove me wrong either, both Martins and Milner were poor apart from the odd appearance in the first half of this season yet both will walk into the top 4 for our players this season.

Time will tell who's right or wrong on this.

Neither Milner nor N'Zogbia are the standard we need at the club. N'Zogbia has shown some promise but nowhere near the quality to justify the hype that surrounds him.

Its a sad day when the likes of Taylor, Milner and N'Zogbia are being touted as the future of our club.

How much further are we going to sink?

We can blame Roeder for N'Zogbia but it just doesnt fully add up. He was awful pre-season and little better in the games he started since. His attitude stinks and he wants away. For what reason? No idea. However, Roeder is usually very good at giving the kids a chance as can be seen by his use of the other two.

Said it since Bobby's day - the club needs shaking up from the top down.

Its a sad day when the likes of Taylor, Milner and N'Zogbia are being touted as the future of our club.

;) harsh. They are good Premierleague players, who can still get a lot better, Zoggy and Taylor especially.

Neither Milner nor N'Zogbia are the standard we need at the club. N'Zogbia has shown some promise but nowhere near the quality to justify the hype that surrounds him.

We can blame Roeder for N'Zogbia but it just doesnt fully add up. He was awful pre-season and little better in the games he started since. His attitude stinks and he wants away. For what reason? No idea. However, Roeder is usually very good at giving the kids a chance as can be seen by his use of the other two.

Do you realise the age of these players?

With proper coaching they can have a very positive future at the club.

Not their fault that it seems that the coaching they have to put up with is sub-standard.

Its a sad day when the likes of Taylor, Milner and N'Zogbia are being touted as the future of our club...

... - the club needs shaking up from the top down.

I think you need a shake lad.

Its a sad day when the likes of Taylor, Milner and N'Zogbia are being touted as the future of our club...

... - the club needs shaking up from the top down.

I think you need a shake lad.

Nope. Neither are top standard. I will guarantee Milner never will be. Taylor is still very shaky at times and has had some very dodgy moments this season.

Would any of the top four covet Milner? Not a cat in hells chance. He struggles at U21 level.

Taylor? Doubt it. He isnt fit to kick Wes Browns arse never mind the likes of Woodgate et al. Steve Howey was a far better centre half as a kid than Taylor is ever likely to be.

I have seen top class young footballers coming through at the club - Beardsley, Waddle and Gazza played an altogether different game to these kids.

This type of footballer is NOT what we should be building a side around. Good attitude, average ability = mid-table.

If you honestly believe these kids are anything other than half-decent squad players with a good attitude then I am afraid you are deluding yourself.

Depends on what your ambition is I guess.

Edited by gram

Do you realise the age of these players?

With proper coaching they can have a very positive future at the club.

Not their fault that it seems that the coaching they have to put up with is sub-standard

What do you know about the coaching set up at the club? I have no idea as I am not party to it and neither are you! Its just a convenient comment to back up an argument. The tools have to be there to be worked with and Taylors brain and Milners legs will always let them down. If we settle for this type of player as the future of the club then we settle for mediocrity.

I'd take a lad who fights for the Club and has a bit of pride, like Taylor, who, of course, has his downsides, than I would ever take some foreign nancy boy who's happy to take the wage and bollocks to the Club. Wes Brown vs. Steven Taylor? I'm sorry. No contest. Stick your corn-rows up your arse. 20-odd years old and playing his bollocks off for his team. That's all I'm concerned about. And you know the brilliant thing? He's only going to get better.

I'd take a lad who fights for the Club and has a bit of pride, like Taylor, who, of course, has his downsides, than I would ever take some foreign nancy boy who's happy to take the wage and bollocks to the Club. Wes Brown vs. Steven Taylor? I'm sorry. No contest. Stick your corn-rows up your arse. 20-odd years old and playing his bollocks off for his team. That's all I'm concerned about. And you know the brilliant thing? He's only going to get better.

;)

He needs to tbh

Nb: I would happily end up with foreign nancy boys like Carvalho, Toure, Agger, Vidic......

Edited by gram

;) Wtf? Did that little outburst even make sense in your head? I'd fucking hope he's gonna get better btw, or else we're fucked.

Alan Oliver would have jizzed in his pants reading that.

Are you Oliver in disguise?

I didn't know Wes Brown was foreign. ;)

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that, I said he wasn't that great in the first half of the season apart from the odd appearance and he played really well after Christmas, those quotes from .com's match reports hardly prove me wrong.

Also being in the top 4 last season based on voting doesn't prove me wrong either, both Martins and Milner were poor apart from the odd appearance in the first half of this season yet both will walk into the top 4 for our players this season.

Time will tell who's right or wrong on this.

GREAT!

It appears neither you or gram rate him as a player but hey someone employed Roeder as a manager so it just goes to show that everyone sees different things!

Personally I think true-faith put it best (look here)

What was interesting from the transfer rumours we ran was only Dyer's departure from a collection of N'Zogbia and Bramble drew any rebuttal from the powers that be. One local journalist has been briefing against N'Zogbia for months now in a fashion we believe is directed by the club but which isn't exactly subtle. On his rare appearences this season, Charlie N'Zogbia hasn't played well. There has been some shite talked about him pining for fellow French speaker Jean-Alain Boumsong but this kind of ignores Sibierski's and Bernard's presence in the squad. There has also been some talk of Charlie having his head turned by Arsene Wenger's interest in him and let's be honest, there would be something amiss if Charlie wasn't interested in playing for the most successful French manager in world football who also has rather a decent record of bringing through young talent. What is worrying however, is the apparent ease at which N'Zogbia has been unsettled at SJP and how much little effort is seemingly being put into retaining a lad whose promise last season was one of the shining lights of what was ultimately another disappointment. Personally, speaking, the arrival of Damien Duff in the summer must have been like a kick in the knackas for Charlie and its clear, no matter, how under-performing the Irishman has been this season, he is ahead of The Zog in the pecking order - for little other reason than Roeder forked out £5M on the ex-Chelsea and Blackburn winger and thus there is a bit of managerial credibility riding on the buy. Whether, Charlie has sussed the situation and spat out his dummy, we don't know but it is a highly unsatisfactory state of affairs that a player of Charlie's rich promise is heading for the exits and that the manager doesn't seem that arsed. That said, Roeder's attitude towards some of our young players might be illustrated by the debacle on deadline day last August when Milner had a biro in his hand at Villa Park, only to get the hook back to Barrack Road when the deal to bring Viduka (rather large, rather injury prone and rather old) collapsed at the eleventh hour. Milner has been one of our best performers this season. Milner is still a diamond that needs polishing and his attitude is first class. We've heard Charlie's attitude isn't in the same league as James Milner but his talent is and he's young enough for a good manager and coaching team to get inside his head and give him a focus and resilience to match his talent. We just can't afford to be chucking players like N'Zogbia over-board who haven't had a chance. Managers and coaches are there to work on players and like Souness' apparent remit to bring discipline to the dressing room, that has to involve more than selling them to our rivals doesn't it?

With the constant drip-drip of negativity from the pen of Shepherd's lackey (just my opinion) it appears to be the case that Charlie is off. That's a real shame and I can't help but think the future of NUFC will be lesser without a Zog doing his thang down the left - remember that goal at The Maclems last season?