Man City ban Barton after bust-up

Matty

Manchester City have suspended Joey Barton for the rest of the season after he hit team-mate Ousmane Dabo in training, BBC Sport understands.

Dabo had to go to hospital after sustaining injuries to his mouth during the incident at Carrington on Tuesday.

A club statement read: "We can confirm that a player has been suspended pending an internal investigation."

Midfielder Barton, 24, won his first England cap in the friendly against Spain at Old Trafford in February.

From BBC, Skysports haven't comfirmed it's Barton yet but the beeb are happy to say it's him.

Unless Gemmill has put a pick axe through one of their heads then they probably hate them a bit more.

Gemmill may be many things, but he would take great exception to being called a manual labourer.

Barton's agent Willie McKay has already tried to play down the incident.

"This sort of incident happens at training grounds across the country from amateur to professional level. I've even seen it happen from journalists playing in a 5-a-side match," said McKay in a statement to Sky Sports News.

"But because it's Joey Barton he's an easy target.

"As far as I understand, Ousmane Dabo made the first move. In my opinion both lads are first-class individuals and players.

"At this juncture it may suit Manchester City to lay the blame at Joey Barton's door."

Edited by Besty

Unless Gemmill has put a pick axe through one of their heads then they probably hate them a bit more.

Gemmill may be many things, but he would take great exception to being called a manual labourer.

:(:):)

Surprise Surprise Wacky and SO want him here cos hes ard!

Forget that hes no better than what we have, a proven trouble maker and general all round cnut who stubs tabs out in peoples faces etc.

Surprise Surprise Wacky and SO want him here cos hes ard!

Forget that hes no better than what we have, a proven trouble maker and general all round cnut who stubs tabs out in peoples faces etc.

It was a cigar in the eye actually though I agree with what you say, there's a big difference between being passionate and just being a violent thug.

J69 having a pop at someone he doesn't like? Well I never.....

People are always picking on him you know :(

Barton's agent Willie McKay has already tried to play down the incident.

"This sort of incident happens at training grounds across the country from amateur to professional level. I've even seen it happen from journalists playing in a 5-a-side match," said McKay in a statement to Sky Sports News.

"But because it's Joey Barton he's an easy target.

"As far as I understand, Ousmane Dabo made the first move. In my opinion both lads are first-class individuals and players.

"At this juncture it may suit Manchester City to lay the blame at Joey Barton's door."

Wouldn't suprise me if McKay had told him to start a fight so City would get rid, thus allowing the greedy bastid to negotiate a transfer for him and make some more money. Never mind Barton, McKay is scum.

"Manchester City will sell Joey Barton in the summer after the midfielder put his French team-mate Ousmane Dabo in hospital yesterday with a brutal and prolonged attack at the training ground. Dabo needed treatment for facial cuts after being repeatedly punched in an incident which was witnessed by a group of children who were watching the practice session."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2070318,00.html

Dabo:

sfnmac03.jpg

"It is Barton's cowardice that upsets me most," Dabo, 31, said from his Manchester home. "The fact that I look like the Elephant Man and will not be able to play again this season is bad enough, but what I find most shocking is that he [barton] struck me first from behind and then repeatedly when I was down on the ground. He is a coward and his actions are despicable. This is why I'm in serious discussions with my lawyers to see what actions I can take. This should not be allowed to happen."

;)

Edited by janu