Do people polish their shoes still

bobbyshinton

Me I seem to wear trainers or casual shoes where scuff gives them character.

Never seem to see / hear of people polishing the shoes.

I get mine done by a little Moroccan chappy for 20 pence. Seems to know what he's doing.

Not properly. Just with one of those things that puts a sort of black paint on them. :)

I went to a shoe-shine bloke once in America, and he cleaned the then-girlfriend's suede shoes with Windolene. Fucking ruined them. :( She tried to talk him out of doing it, but he (little Italian fucker) was adamant that they would be as good as new when he'd finished with them. ("Trast me madam, I am-a an ex-a pert-a!")

My work shoes and my black cat boots get polished from time to time.

My dad never forgot his national service days and used to polish my school shoes up so much they were like mirrors. I used to spend the whole walk to school scuffing them up again to avoid the embarrassment! :(

My work shoes and my black cat boots get polished from time to time.

My dad never forgot his national service days and used to polish my school shoes up so much they were like mirrors. I used to spend the whole walk to school scuffing them up again to avoid the embarrassment! :(

Mackem scum tbh.

I use the paint on stuff that Gemmill describes, only got it in black though. I recently got some brown shoes and at christmas my secret santa pressie from work was a shoe polishing kit. Might give that a try on the new ones eventually.

Guest alex

I use the paint on stuff that Gemmill describes, only got it in black though. I recently got some brown shoes and at christmas my secret santa pressie from work was a shoe polishing kit. Might give that a try on the new ones eventually.

That's why I never go in for secret Santa at work. That is naff.

Agreed, its pure shit. Was it Keith from The Office "tenner in an envelope" :(

Guest alex

Agreed, its pure shit. Was it Keith from The Office "tenner in an envelope" :(

:) A lass I know had a similar experience. She went to quite a bit of trouble to get another lass something nice for a tenner. The person getting hers couldn't be arsed/forgot and gave her a tenner. The true spirit of Xmas tbh.

Secret Sant a.k.a Bran Tub

For fuck faced civil servants with fucked up sense of humours. 'Oh' Wacky and SMO seem to talk to each other quite a bit, lets get them something quirky like some childrens walkie talkies' Fuck off you fat slag, giz the tenner so I can get myself a tenner bag of crack and forget i work with you for half an hour.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

'Oh' Wacky and SMO seem to talk to each other quite a bit, lets get them something quirky like some childrens walkie talkies'

;) Bet you used them though. "Big Tits, do you read me, Big Tits... supervisor rapidly approaching your cubicle, stop taking photos of it!"

'Oh' Wacky and SMO seem to talk to each other quite a bit, lets get them something quirky like some childrens walkie talkies'

;) Bet you used them though. "Big Tits, do you read me, Big Tits... supervisor rapidly approaching your cubicle, stop taking photos of it!"

Rumbled us tbh