Dyer admits: I let Roeder down

khay

Kieron Dyer believes he let manager Glenn Roeder down with his performance at Reading having been handed the captaincy at The Madejski Stadium.

Dyer thanked Roeder for his show of faith after recent speculation over his future and has vowed to vindicate his under-fire boss.

The England international admits he was partly to blame for The Magpies' lacklustre performance in the team's 1-0 defeat in Berkshire.

"There has been a lot of speculation about my future recently and of course I've seen it," Dyer told the Newcastle Journal.

"I've not heard anything, but I think the fact the manager gave me the captain's armband on Monday night shows he wants me to have a future at this club.

"I think it was his way of showing me that he wants me to stay. It's just a shame I didn't have a very good game."

An inconsistent campaign from the midfielder has fuelled talk of a move from St James' Park, with Tottenham as rumoured suitors, but Dyer would prefer to focus on his career on Tyneside.

"As for the Tottenham rumours, I've got nothing more to say about it," he added.

Looks like this bit was missed off:

Until they come in with a concrete offer then I'll be down there like a flash to start sucking my good friend Jenas off again. We might even employ Bramble as a fluffer if he doesn't get offered a new contract, but of course i would love to stay here and get paid 85k a week for being a top shelf arsehole and playing once in a while.

Guest alex

A little less conversation, a little more action.

I was just about to say his interviews about turning over a new leaf, letting people down etc. are becoming almost as tiresome as the constant patter from Roeder.

Newcastle must have a PR phrase book constantly being referred to for these quotes - its just piss and wind - same old same as every fucking time.

If that isn't a player who has lost all interest in playing for this team then i don't know what is - and lump in n'zogbia duff carr babayaro luque and parker in there aswell - get rid soon as - doesn't want to talk bout tottenham speculation - he should be declaring no interest in moving there if he wanted to appear to give a monkeys - wanker

A little less conversation, a little more action.

Exactly. I'm at the end of my tether with the little fucker now like. I was one of these willing to give him a chance, but I really want him to fuck off in the summer. Making him captain was a joke like, should have given it to the proper pro on the pitch; Nobby.