BT

Toonraider

I rekon its disgusting that if you dont pay your bill by direct debit or a fixed monthly payment plan then from May 1st you will be charged £4.50 a quarter to have a bill ;)

Makes me really piss mad :P

Guest alex

I rekon its disgusting that if you dont pay your bill by direct debit or a fixed monthly payment plan then from May 1st you will be charged £4.50 a quarter to have a bill ;)

Makes me really piss mad :P

I agree. You could always leave BT though.

I rekon its disgusting that if you dont pay your bill by direct debit or a fixed monthly payment plan then from May 1st you will be charged £4.50 a quarter to have a bill :P

Makes me really piss mad <_<

I agree. You could always leave BT though.

Yes well its like this....I just went back to them!!!! :blush:;) I did have my calls with tiscal I didnt realise BT charged this and now I've signed up for an 18month BT together option 2 :blush: So either I pay it and lump it or switch to direct debit, which i strongly resent being forced to do!

Why would you not just pay by Direct Debit though? Saves you hassle as well as cash.

I knew some awkward person would ask that. ;) I have actually been actively trying to reduce my direct debits, i dont like them! I always pay my BT and electric with easy payment swipe cards...which means whenever Im in a post office or paypoint centre shop I can put any amount of money on these cards when I please. Im in control and usually end up in credit by the time my bills come in. I just prefer it that way and I dont like having to pay extra to carry on doing this!

i just dont understand that at all.

i have all my direct debits and standing orders set up to be paid between the 1st and the 4th of the month.

therefore - from the 5th , i know exactly how much disposable income i have for the rest of the month.

easy peasy - japaneasy.

Why would you not just pay by Direct Debit though? Saves you hassle as well as cash.

I knew some awkward person would ask that. ;) I have actually been actively trying to reduce my direct debits, i dont like them! I always pay my BT and electric with easy payment swipe cards...which means whenever Im in a post office or paypoint centre shop I can put any amount of money on these cards when I please. Im in control and usually end up in credit by the time my bills come in. I just prefer it that way and I dont like having to pay extra to carry on doing this!

You are already paying more to do that for your electric as the price per unit is more expensive for customers who pay like that with a swipe card and you would save even more if you had a standard credit meter and had a direct debit set up as nearly all energy companies take a percentage off your bill if you pay by DD.

So it must make more sense to pay by direct debit, as it is cheaper. No point throwing money away.

i just dont understand that at all.

i have all my direct debits and standing orders set up to be paid between the 1st and the 4th of the month.

therefore - from the 5th , i know exactly how much disposable income i have for the rest of the month.

easy peasy - japaneasy.

Ditto. All my direct debits come out on the 1st so I know exactly what I've got left. Saying that, there's a few at work who refuse to pay their council tax by direct debit for some reason, despite the fact they pay all their over bills that way.

I put everything on direct debit, it's easier. All mine go out at the beginning of the month except my mortgage, which goes out on the 28th. Bit of a pisser that, but my fixed rate term is coming to an end in the next two or three months, so I'll change that when I set up a new deal.

It is a bit scary when you add up all your direct debits and see what a massive chunk of your wages is gone before you even start mind.

I knew some awkward person would ask that. :panic: I have actually been actively trying to reduce my direct debits, i dont like them! I always pay my BT and electric with easy payment swipe cards...which means whenever Im in a post office or paypoint centre shop I can put any amount of money on these cards when I please. Im in control and usually end up in credit by the time my bills come in. I just prefer it that way and I dont like having to pay extra to carry on doing this!

You are already paying more to do that for your electric as the price per unit is more expensive for customers who pay like that with a swipe card and you would save even more if you had a standard credit meter and had a direct debit set up as nearly all energy companies take a percentage off your bill if you pay by DD.

So it must make more sense to pay by direct debit, as it is cheaper. No point throwing money away.

I do have a standard meter for electric and I get a quarterly bill, i meant i have a payment card where i put money into my account when I please so when the bill arrives its normally paid for or almost paid for.

I suppose I'll have to do my BT direct debit, but I hate having my choices made for me. I never owe them anything and im normally in credit, yet they will still charge me more unless i go DD :panic: