Murder on Tyneside

Craig

A murder investigation is under way in Newcastle after a 16-year-old boy was stabbed to death.

Police were alerted by the ambulance service who found the teenager with a stab wound to his neck in the West End of the city at 2320 BST on Wednesday.

He was found on the corner of Elswick Road and Caroline Street.

The teenager was taken to Newcastle General Hospital but later died. Police believe there were a number of people in the area at the time of the attack.

A Home Office pathologist will conduct a post-mortem examination later on Thursday.

The victim's identity will not be released until his relatives have been informed.

A tent has been erected at the scene and a detailed forensic examination is being carried out.

Northumbria police have cordoned off part of Elswick Road between Brancepeth Avenue and Cochrane Street, which will remain in place for most of Thursday.

They are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/6618113.stm

;)

Teenager arrested over stab death

Police are carrying out a detailed forensic examination of the scene

A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of stabbing a 16-year-old to death on a Tyneside street.

Mark Smith, of St Johns Walk, Newcastle was found with a knife wound to the neck in the West End of the city on Wednesday. He later died in hospital.

On Thursday, police said a 16-year-old boy had been arrested on suspicion of Mr Smith's murder and was in custody.

They also confirmed they were investigating reports of an altercation around Gill Street before the death.

It is believed that after Mr Smith was injured he made his way via Axbridge Gardens to Elswick Road, where he collapsed.

He was later found on the corner of Elswick Road and Caroline Street.

Det Ch Insp Roger Ford, who is leading the investigation, said: "We believe that at the time this happened, there were a number of people in the area and I have no doubt that members of the public who were walking, driving or living in the area would have seen or heard something.

"Knife crime is completely unacceptable and it's vital that people come forward with information.

"Our thoughts and sympathy go out to Mark's family at this time.

"Trained family liaison officers are with his parents who are working with us to help us progress this investigation."

A post-mortem examination is currently being carried out.

Elswick Road has now been re-opened on the northbound carriageway.

Traffic lights are in place on the southbound carriageway

Happening to often for my liking. All the youngings must be tooled up nowadays.

Had better dig the Dillinger out.

Rob has his bayonet ready.

There was a body found in the river yesterday as well.

Watched them fish it out, and no before Gemmill asks I didnt take pictures. I wqas one of the few people with enough respect not to try and grab a gory snapshot for the family album. ;)

Watched them fish it out, and no before Gemmill asks I didnt take pictures. I wqas one of the few people with enough respect not to try and grab a gory snapshot for the family album. :P

Saving your memory card for cheb-shots more like. ;)

Watched them fish it out, and no before Gemmill asks I didnt take pictures. I wqas one of the few people with enough respect not to try and grab a gory snapshot for the family album. ;)

I don't believe it for a second.

Watched them fish it out, and no before Gemmill asks I didnt take pictures. I wqas one of the few people with enough respect not to try and grab a gory snapshot for the family album. :P

Must have been a male corpse then. ;)

You trying to say there were tonnes of people there with their flashes primed ready for the money shot? ;)

My colleague got a phone call in the office yesterday. It was her daughter telling her that it was her best pal’s brother who got stabbed.:panic:

Shocking, but doesn’t surprise me around here unfortunately. Little cowardly wankers!

Watched them fish it out, and no before Gemmill asks I didnt take pictures. I wqas one of the few people with enough respect not to try and grab a gory snapshot for the family album. :panic:

You trying to say there were tonnes of people there with their flashes primed ready for the money shot? :panic:

I know the police have their critics, but they're not that bad! :panic:

You wouldn't catch me walking along that road, the West Road or Elswick late at night. Getting worse around that area, won't be long before this kind of thing happens again.

I get the bus at around 8.45pm on Elswick Road, just outside Elswick pool after my Brazilian Jujitsu class every Monday & Friday. ROCK! me, man, FACT!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

You wouldn't catch me walking along that road, the West Road or Elswick late at night. Getting worse around that area, won't be long before this kind of thing happens again.

I get the bus at around 8.45pm on Elswick Road, just outside Elswick pool after I've had my Brazilian wax and Jujitsu class every Monday & Friday. ROCK! me, man, FACT!

FYP tbs

I get the bus at around 8.45pm on Elswick Road, just outside Elswick pool after my Brazilian dance class every Monday & Friday. ROCK! me, man, FACT!

The new triangle