Top 3 Soundtracks

@yourservice

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Gun & Rocky IV are the two standing out immediately when I think of it at the moment.

I shall get back to you on the other one.

Guest Patrokles

The Glass score to Dracula. I like Danny Elfman's work on the Edward Scissorhands one, too. Neither are strictly soundtracks, though.

Forrest Gump had a pretty decent soundtrack IIRC...

Also love the soundtrack from Vanilla Sky - that's what got me into Sigur Ros ;)

Guest alex

I thought about theme tunes at first. I was going for:

The Muppets

Bullseye

Rhubarb and Custard

Edited by alex

The Goonies

"Good enough, for you its, good enough, for me its goooooood enough, good enough for me yeh yeh yeh yeh. Goonies"

Class!

first read that to the tune by Dodgy ;)

Goodfellas. What a soundtrack...and what has always pissed me off is that the soundtrack for the penultimate act of the film - where Liotta is chasing all over town evading the police surveillance helicopter as best he can - the track for that part of the film isn't only the CD soundtrack, iirc? Would love to know what that track is because it's been needling away at me for ages not knowing what it is...

Amelie

American Beauty

The Piano

I would have had an Morricone dominated list, but it's like choosing the Beatles as the best band ever. No matter how true it is it's too obvious.

Goodfellas. What a soundtrack...and what has always pissed me off is that the soundtrack for the penultimate act of the film - where Liotta is chasing all over town evading the police surveillance helicopter as best he can - the track for that part of the film isn't only the CD soundtrack, iirc? Would love to know what that track is because it's been needling away at me for ages not knowing what it is...

"Jump into the Fire" by Harry Nilsson - At the beginning of the helicopter sequence.

"Memo from Turner" by The Rolling Stones - After Henry leaves Jimmy's with the silencers.

"Magic Bus" by The Who - When Henry almost has the car accident.

"Jump into the Fire" by Harry Nilsson - (2nd time played) Henry drives his brother home from the hospital.

"Monkey Man" by The Rolling Stones - (2nd time played) Henry drops off the guns at Karen's mother's house.

"What Is Life" by George Harrison - When Henry and Karen drive to his cocaine connection's motel.

Looks like it might be that Harry Nilsson one? Have a look on Wikipedia - there's allsorts on there about the music not on the soundtrack.