Virgin Media Broadband

NJS

Just had my first dealings with these (been with Blueyonder for years) and my opinion based on the bearded twat's trains is confirmed.

Phoned them a couple of weeks ago as I'd read that the 10Mb service was going up to 20Mb. I was told Yes definitely as of May 1st, completely automatic.

Its been obvious the last couple of days that it hasn't happened so decided to enquire:

Customer Services: Had to enter phone number (its their line) and then confirm my ID to Op. Was told that yes I was on the top package so should have 20Mb - will transfer me to Tech support as there must be a problem.

Tech support: Re-enter phone number and confirm ID again. Told that after checking my account I'd now been upgraded and it would be done by the 11th - went ballistic so re-transferred to customer services.

Customer Services: Had to enter phone number and then confirm my ID to Op. Told it was being done gradually or maybe I would get a letter - she wasn't sure - asked for a manager.

Manager: Yes its being done gradually but will refund me a month for whinging (didn't say that). So I finished by telling her Virgin was as shit as I'd expected and Blueyonder were a better company.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may have the Virgin name.......

but it's still NTHell under the pretty red paint job!

Never had any problems with NTL in this household for our BB.

Never had a problem with Blueyonder after a few teething probs which was fair enough as I was in the area for the first post-test installs for broadband.

It's their customer services rather than their live service which has always been shocking to be fair.

If everything's working OK, there's no problem.

20 Mb? You greedy bastard.

Probably - Its getting a bit like Footballers wages - beyond a certain level its pointless and just becomes a numeric status symbol.

I don't even know what I'm on but all I really do is surf so it's adequate.

I read that as "I don't really know what I'm on about...." ;)

Has anyone has any experience of Sky broadband? Thinking about getting their TV/BB/Talk package.

I asked a while back and somone said that the broadband service was pretty good.

So the jist of your rant is that you've had to wait 10 more days to get your upgrade and enter your phone number a few times? ;)

Yeah and :P

Its poor service in my view - nobody I spoke to (including obviously the one a couple of weeks ago) actually knew what the situation is - thats what their job is.

Has anyone has any experience of Sky broadband? Thinking about getting their TV/BB/Talk package.

Think Dave (nufc4ever) has got it. I'm sure he said it was a bit sketchy (dropped connections) from time to time, but I think he was having problems with wireless too which may explain that. I'm sure he'll tell you if he sees this anyway.

NTL (and now Virgin I guess) were always fine so long as nothing went wrong, but if it did go wrong it could be a complete bitch to get anywhere with them. They employed 3 support staff for the entire area IMO. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok well now my first ever problem is occurring, for the past couple of days my connection has been garbage, absolutely garbage. ;)

Ok well now my first ever problem is occurring, for the past couple of days my connection has been garbage, absolutely garbage. ;)

Have heard that from a few people recently. One said his Virgin broadband was masquerading as dial up ;)

Ok well now my first ever problem is occurring, for the past couple of days my connection has been garbage, absolutely garbage. :secret:

Have heard that from a few people recently. One said his Virgin broadband was masquerading as dial up ;)

I should be getting 1mb per sec and I'm getting 260kbs per sec. Had hell on with them again last night. The ignorant slag transferred me to the faults department whilst i was talking to her, so i reported her to her supervisor, got a good will gesture of £20 knocked off my next bill. Engineer came today said the slow speeds is an ongoing fault and has been for months and doesn't know when it's likely to be sorted.

Be ringing tomorrow to tell them to reduce my bill to dial-up cost until they get it sorted, meant to be on 10meg :blush:

I'm on their "Max" package - £10 for 16Mb (think it's 16Mb). Speed isn't that fantastic tbh, probably get about 2Mb but then my local exchange is pretty shite.

Seldom have any connection problems and I use Xbox Live! with it (via wireless) and it works perfectly.

Think nufc4eva pointed me in the direction of a ADSL faceplate for the BT socket that gives you the ability to filter all your extensions without using those naff individual filters, and, as voice only uses two of the six wires, I used the others and ran a special ADSL cable from that to my PC. ;)