Virgin Media Broadband

NJS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just moved into a new pad, whats the best supplier in your opinions?

Depends what you're after mate, obviously now firms do a lot of good deals if you take up both the Phone/BB package as one.

As much as I begrudge saying it, SKY would get my vote.

I still don't reckon it's value for money but if you're going to pay for a TV package it's the only option really.

following services are available in your location:

BT Wholesale ADSL

BT Wholesale ADSL Max

BT Wholesale SDSL

Be LLU

Bulldog LLU

TalkTalk (CPW) LLU

Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU

Pipex LLU

Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo

any opinions on these?

following services are available in your location:

BT Wholesale ADSL

BT Wholesale ADSL Max

BT Wholesale SDSL

Be LLU

Bulldog LLU

TalkTalk (CPW) LLU

Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU

Pipex LLU

Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo

any opinions on these?

What are you wanting ? just broadband or a TV/Broadband/telephone service ?

don't need a landline really, not too bothered about loads of tv channels as I've already got a digibox.

but if the packages without those two are disproportionately expensive I'd rather pay (for example with absolutely no knowledge of costs) £20 a month for digital tv and broadband, than £18 for broadband alone.

It's very cheap which tempted us into it but whatever you do, do not get Orange.

Currently in our third week without broadband and no sign of it being resolved.

We went for Sky telly and BB, but could have got the talk package as well. The BB is canny, didn't take long for them to set up, but then it was all new in, not taking over from anyone else, which is often where the problems start. The only reason we didn't take them up on the phone package is because BT offered basically the same package for no extra cost when we sorted the line rental (Option 2 I believe). I think it does come down to how much you want from them as too how much discount you can get. The less you want the more problems. Other folks have also said they've had issues getting the right service.

checked on the Sky site and it says that the Middle package gives me best value for money and after a quick scout around it seems to be the case.

I'd get up to 8Mb speed, a 40Gig download limit, a free router and all that jazz, oh and the basic Sky channels for £20 initial fee, then £20 a month after that.

that's £20 which I can split with my house mate.