The Hoff - Ratarsed

Lazarus

'Drunk' Hasselhoff tape released

Actor David Hasselhoff has said footage leaked on TV and the internet in which he appears drunk shows him relapsing from treatment as an "alcoholic".

In the film made by his daughters, an apparently inebriated Hasselhoff is lying on the floor, clumsily eating a hamburger and slurring his words.

One of his daughters can be heard asking him why he gets drunk, to which he replies that he is "lonely".

In a statement, Hasselhoff has said he is now back on track with his recovery.

"I am a recovering alcoholic," he said.

"Unfortunately, one evening I did have a brief relapse, but part of recovery is relapse."

The tape's existence was first reported on Thursday by US TV tabloid shows The Insider, Entertainment Tonight and Extra. Clips were quickly posted on their websites.

The star said in the statement that he had asked to be filmed so he could watch himself back. However he insists it was never supposed to be made public.

The 54-year-old actor says the break up with his former wife, Pamela Bach, after 16 years of marriage has not helped with his recovery.

'Positive relationship'

"I have been going through a painful divorce and I have recently been separated from my children due to my work, I have been successfully dealing with my issue."

"Because of my honest and positive relationship with my daughters, who were concerned for my well-being, there was a tape made that night to show me what I was like," he said.

The former Baywatch star, who is currently appearing in a Las Vegas stage version of The Producers is warned on the tape that he could lose his job for getting in a state.

"Dad, you need to promise me you're not gonna get alcohol tonight, OK? A doctor's coming over here in the morning to check your alcohol level and if there's any alcohol in your system you're gonna be fired from the show."

The girl also asks him why he continues to drink.

"Cause I'm lonely. I have trouble in my life," he says.

Last year it was reported that the actor had been banned from boarding a flight from the UK as he was drunk.

That was later denied by his publicist, who claimed he had chosen not to get on the plane as he was not well.

In addition to Taylor-Ann, the couple have a 14-year-old daughter, Hayley Amber.

Guest alex

Pretty sad to watch tbh.

The whole 'ironic' worship of the Hoff is pretty sad enough tbh.

I genuinely like 'Knightrider'.