I saved a life tonight

peasepud

Was lying in bed trying to get to kip and we could hear what sounded like a pissed bloke shouting for his mate, after a few minutes we realised he was shouting help so went out to take a neb, couldnt see anything but could still hear the bloke shouting so I called the police (Wacky forgive me, Im not a grass honest), after 5 minutes of trying to explain where and what I could hear they sent out cars.

Turned out this bloke was in the water over on the Newcastle side (further up from St Annes Quay), it took 5 copper cars, two fire engines, an ambulance, speedboat and police helicopter to find him like but I think hes ok.

What did piss me off though was the fact the police computer didnt have my postcode in it, put it in google earth or multimap and up it pops, try the Northumbrian forces database and nowt!

*sings* Last night a werepig saved my life!

:panic:

Is that with wolves howling in the background as well??

Well done. I'm sure whoever's life you helped to save is worth far more than Gemmill's in any case. :panic:

Unlikely tbh - this bloke was stupid enough to fall into the Tyne and nearly drown as a result. :panic:

Well done. I'm sure whoever's life you helped to save is worth far more than Gemmill's in any case. :panic:

Unlikely tbh - this bloke was stupid enough to fall into the Tyne and nearly drown as a result. :panic:

Yeah, precisely my point. :panic:

Gervais is playing the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this year, fat boy. Worth seeing live - very funny.

Well done MrP

But is this not 2 in one week?

are you pushing the bastards in or what :panic:

it took 5 copper cars, two fire engines, an ambulance, speedboat and police helicopter to find him like but I think hes ok.

All this and you don't have a single photo to back up your story? :panic:

What did piss me off though was the fact the police computer didnt have my postcode in it, put it in google earth or multimap and up it pops, try the Northumbrian forces database and nowt!

The 999 people are shite like. I was first on scene to some twat who'd flipped his impreza on a country lane.

First the silly bitch is demanding I choose which service I want, as she's not allowed to choose for me, but it has to be ONLY one. Now to my mind, I needed the cops as he was completely blocking the lane with no lights and no chance of seeing the car if you approached too fast, I needed fireman Sam as the car was smoking, smelt of burning and was basically fucked, and I needed an ambulance as the driver was stumbling around the road mumbling with a gash to the head. But apparently I'm the one qualified to make the decision.

Then, I knew roughly where I was, which I told her, and I also told her the TWO street names I could see, and she proceeded to fanny about picking places 20-30 miles away.

Ten minutes later, someone did actually come careering round the bend and had to ditch in the field because the cops hadn't arrived in time. Thankfully the car didn't expode and the driver didn't drop down dead with a brain heomorage

The 999 people are shite like. I was first on scene to some twat who'd flipped his impreza on a country lane.

First the silly bitch is demanding I choose which service I want, as she's not allowed to choose for me, but it has to be ONLY one. Now to my mind, I needed the cops as he was completely blocking the lane with no lights and no chance of seeing the car if you approached too fast, I needed fireman Sam as the car was smoking, smelt of burning and was basically fucked, and I needed an ambulance as the driver was stumbling around the road mumbling with a gash to the head. But apparently I'm the one qualified to make the decision.

Then, I knew roughly where I was, which I told her, and I also told her the TWO street names I could see, and she proceeded to fanny about picking places 20-30 miles away.

Ten minutes later, someone did actually come careering round the bend and had to ditch in the field because the cops hadn't arrived in time. Thankfully the car didn't expode and the driver didn't drop down dead with a brain heomorage

That was the same as me last night, I knew if someone was in the water then it would need the Fire Rescue boat to come out, he would definitely need an ambulance and as is often the case, the helicopter would be needed. I just decided to call the coppers no matter what though and leave it to them to sort the rest, which they did.

More worrying (for me anyway) is the fact my address isnt listed on their computer and my phone number was coming up as a phone box on Gateshead High Street!!! I told him to just check the Hitzfeld thread to confirm my number to which he told me I owed him 50quid and put the phone down :panic:

So you didn't just wade into the river and hoist him out yourself? You selfishly passed the buck onto the already overstretched police force?

it's people like you that've ruined this country! :panic:

So you didn't just wade into the river and hoist him out yourself? You selfishly passed the buck onto the already overstretched police force?

it's people like you that've ruined this country! :panic:

Admittedly I should have done, after all I would have only needed to roll me trouser legs up past me knees and strolled out to him.

Was lying in bed trying to get to kip and we could hear what sounded like a pissed bloke shouting for his mate, after a few minutes we realised he was shouting help so went out to take a neb, couldnt see anything but could still hear the bloke shouting so I called the police(Wacky forgive me, Im not a grass honest), after 5 minutes of trying to explain where and what I could hear they sent out cars.

Turned out this bloke was in the water over on the Newcastle side (further up from St Annes Quay), it took 5 copper cars, two fire engines, an ambulance, speedboat and police helicopter to find him like but I think hes ok.

Scared to get wet more like :panic:

Step one you say we need to talk

He walks you say sit down it's just a talk

He smiles politely back at you

You stare politely right on through

Some sort of window to your right

As he goes left and you stay right

Between the lines of fear and blame

And you begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night