Sam in a Fred Alert

Scottish Mag

FREDDY SHEPHERD is facing a legal minefield if he appoints Sam Allardyce as Newcastle boss.

The United chairman is considering bringing in ex-Bolton boss Allardyce at the end of the season but his "baggage" could be a problem.

Shepherd axed assistant boss Kevin Bond in September after he appeared briefly in the BBC's Panorama investigation into bungs in football, and Bond, now Bournemouth boss, is taking legal action.

But it was Allardyce who was a main target of the Panorama sting, leaving Shepherd with a moral and legal problem over whether to hire him.

Bond left Newcastle accusing Shepherd of sacking him "without any proper investigation into the allegations", adding: "Newcastle have made their decision solely on the basis of a few sentences carefully selected and edited by Panorama."

Both Allardyce and Bond strongly deny all accusations made by the BBC in September, but Bond will find it ironic that the club who sacked him over the programme, are now looking to appoint one of the targets of the documentary.

Shepherd is testing the mood for change on Tyneside and fans' belief in Glenn Roeder, and is casting around for other managerial options.

The need to restore belief has been hastened by Roy Keane's resurrection of Sunderland, and the fear they now have the manager, cash and momentum to become North East No.1 next season.

The need to restore belief has been hastened by Roy Keane's resurrection of Sunderland, and the fear they now have the manager, cash and momentum to become North East No.1 next season.

Why is it every report on the fact the fat fuck is finally going to do something features something similar to the quote above?

Is Freddy that much of a fucking moron that it has taken the fear of no longer being the top dog in the NE for him to actually care?

Un-fucking-believable!

Shepherd is testing the mood for change on Tyneside and fans' belief in Glenn Roeder, and is casting around for other managerial options.

Confirms what we've all come to suspect, Shepherd sacks/appoints managers purely on the basis of what he thinks the fans want. All he's interested in is season ticket and shirt sales.

I think we should tell him what our mood is and tell him in no uncertain terms that he is the fucking problem and both he, Hall, Roeder, and the rest of the useless twat cronies should fuck off.

Won't happen though.

Guest alex

Confirms what we've all come to suspect, Shepherd sacks/appoints managers purely on the basis of what he thinks the fans want. All he's interested in is season ticket and shirt sales.

I think we should tell him what our mood is and tell him in no uncertain terms that he is the fucking problem and both he, Hall, Roeder, and the rest of the useless twat cronies should fuck off.

Won't happen though.

Well, the fans wanted Roeder, so it's our fault things haven't worked out. The fans wanted rid of Robson too, etc. :panic:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but were any of the allegations aimed at Allardyce himself in the Panorama programme ? I thought it was just his son, Craig, that was the centre of the controversy ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but were any of the allegations aimed at Allardyce himself in the Panorama programme ? I thought it was just his son, Craig, that was the centre of the controversy ?

From what I saw there was a lot of tentative suggestion - his son is a crook and he's a manager therefore....

From what I saw there was a lot of tentative suggestion - his son is a crook and he's a manager therefore....

The main difference between the alegations is that the those aimed at Allardyce were implied where as Bond was filmed openly discussing taking a bung.

Although I don't think that Allardyce is whiter than white, there is quite a difference between what Allardyce and Bond were accused of.

Why is it every report on the fact the fat fuck is finally going to do something features something similar to the quote above?

Is Freddy that much of a fucking moron that it has taken the fear of no longer being the top dog in the NE for him to actually care?

Un-fucking-believable!

Sadly there is a lot of truth in it, because Shepherd is such a moron. If the mackems are going well it'll affect his judgement, if they were to start doing well in the prem then whoever our manager is, they would find themselves under alot more pressure than if the mackems were struggling in the championship!

But if the mackems starting to do alright helps shove the fat fuck in the direction of getting rid of Roeder and brinign in Allardyce then its all for the better! The mackems have helped us before after all, knocking us out the play offs so instead of being a yo yo club like them we ended up with the Keegan years. Then beating us under Gullit to get him out and Bobby in! So lets hope they get the hatrick and help us out one more time, it'll just annoy them that bit more!

Won't happen though.

Tbf though how many of us were saying "I wish he'd listen to the fans" when looking for Souness' successor? I wish he did sometimes, but he clearly only listens to the fans he agrees with. Nobody really wanted Roeder to be installed permanent manager, but he found a few windowlickers who did so he could make the cheap, easy choice and say "it's what the fans wanted" afterwards.

Won't happen though.

Tbf though how many of us were saying "I wish he'd listen to the fans" when looking for Souness' successor? I wish he did sometimes, but he clearly only listens to the fans he agrees with. Nobody really wanted Roeder to be installed permanent manager, but he found a few windowlickers who did so he could make the cheap, easy choice and say "it's what the fans wanted" afterwards.

Shepherd is Leazesmag shocker.