3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big question now though is whether they can use the money raised to find her for their legal bills.

Theres no way this should be used for that and frankly they shouldnt even be contemplating it. People raised that to help find a missing child and as far as the McCanns are concerned that search should be ongoing and therefore the money is needed for that. To use it to defend themselves is totally wrong imo

The big question now though is whether they can use the money raised to find her for their legal bills.

Theres no way this should be used for that and frankly they shouldn't even be contemplating it. People raised that to help find a missing child and as far as the McCanns are concerned that search should be ongoing and therefore the money is needed for that. To use it to defend themselves is totally wrong imo

Shouldn't even be worth contemplating imo. How can they? There aim now more than ever is to get public opinion on there side. To use the money given to their child's plight in order to save there own arses is just incomprehensible.

This is such an unbelievable case. One of the most intriguing of all time. Kate McCann whet to see the Pope for God's sake, and went all over Europe and even to America to get as much publicity for her daughter.

To think they she and\or her husband knew all along what had happened to their daughter leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.

They should be pronounced innocent until proven guilty but the evidence being compiled now is starting to become a bit overwhelming and damning;

She washed Madelaine's little toy bear???

The time between Madelaine's disappearance and the time it took the pair of the parents to tell the police???

The stench of death on Kate McCann's Bible and some of her clothes that sniffer dogs have picked up???

The DNA found to be Madelaine's. Some not exactly matching but one in the boot of the hire car which came from a decomposing body and an exact match???

The body language of Kate McCann, in particular days and weeks after her daughter's disappearance???

She doesn't deserve a public lynching yet, but it isn't that far away.

Edited by Ken

The accidental death theory seems plausible enough, however I would find it very hard to believe that they could move a body given the circumstances, unless it was hidden or unrecogniseable, ie dismembered and smuggled.

Theres only two ways I have seen that they could do this, one would be in the twins pram which on pictures has a black veil over it and the second is by moving the body in smaller parts, Kate never let go of cuddle cat, which also would be a source of Madeleines DNA.

Speculation as wild and as ridiculous as anything else I have seen and it wouldnt surprise me if cuddle cat is what the police want.

However, I do not believe that they are responsible yet, I think the police obviously have solid enough evidence to suspect them and they should charge them as soon as possible so they can defend themselves if this is the case.

This would give them the chance to clear themselves and get back to the real issue, what happened or where Madeleine is, the press speculation is ridiculous and needs to be brought to an end for the sake of everyone involved.

Fact is that very few people know what really happened and we may never find out, i say leave the police to do their work and let the McCanns defend themselves if need be.

The only real victim in all of this is Madeleine, wherever she is, dead or alive it is one of the most horrendous things that can happen, her dissapearance has been been turned into this years story and the media is loving it, the public across the world are lapping it up and a 3 year old may very well be dead, abused or abducted, its a sign of the times when a tragedy gets turned into a circus like this has, Madeleine is being forgotten while the world speculates on whether the McCanns are guilty of killing their own child or not.

Madeleine should be at the centre of this story, not the press, the police or her parents until it is time to find out what really happened, and that is the time when we know, exactly what has happened.

However they moved the body, it deserves a film to be made.

It'd be the greatest disguise a dead body comedy since Weekend at Bernies 2.

The accidental death theory seems plausible enough, however I would find it very hard to believe that they could move a body given the circumstances, unless it was hidden or unrecogniseable, ie dismembered and smuggled.

Theres only two ways I have seen that they could do this, one would be in the twins pram which on pictures has a black veil over it and the second is by moving the body in smaller parts, Kate never let go of cuddle cat, which also would be a source of Madeleines DNA.

Speculation as wild and as ridiculous as anything else I have seen and it wouldnt surprise me if cuddle cat is what the police want.

However, I do not believe that they are responsible yet, I think the police obviously have solid enough evidence to suspect them and they should charge them as soon as possible so they can defend themselves if this is the case.

This would give them the chance to clear themselves and get back to the real issue, what happened or where Madeleine is, the press speculation is ridiculous and needs to be brought to an end for the sake of everyone involved.

Fact is that very few people know what really happened and we may never find out, i say leave the police to do their work and let the McCanns defend themselves if need be.

The only real victim in all of this is Madeleine, wherever she is, dead or alive it is one of the most horrendous things that can happen, her dissapearance has been been turned into this years story and the media is loving it, the public across the world are lapping it up and a 3 year old may very well be dead, abused or abducted, its a sign of the times when a tragedy gets turned into a circus like this has, Madeleine is being forgotten while the world speculates on whether the McCanns are guilty of killing their own child or not.

Madeleine should be at the centre of this story, not the press, the police or her parents until it is time to find out what really happened, and that is the time when we know, exactly what has happened.

However they moved the body, it deserves a film to be made.

It'd be the greatest disguise a dead body comedy since Weekend at Bernies 2.

Maybe a bit like the great escape ( might have the wrong film ) where inmates are talking to prison gaurds while waggling their trouser leg to get rid of all the mud from that clever tunnel.

Could have been anywhere, maybe not even disguised at all given how the twins look like her, maybe we should bombard the portugese police with ideas and have a points system for the most ingenious...

Meanwhile, bodily fluids - not blood - matching Madeleine McCann's DNA have been found in the car hired by her parents, according to sources.

The sample was taken from the boot, where the spare tyre is kept.

It had an 88% match with the missing four-year-old's DNA, sources said.

Police searching the car also found so much of Madeleine's hair that it could not have been transferred from a blanket or clothes.

See that's interesting, but an 88% match is (I think) within the percentage match that certainly her siblings could have (and again with the hair).

Wonder what the "bodily fluids" are though.

I bet the friends they were having dinner with wish they had said something

They were pretty much all doing the same thing.

Apart from mudering their daughter before going out of course

Shame your parents didn't have the same idea really. ;)

Edited by Fop

I bet the friends they were having dinner with wish they had said something

They were pretty much all doing the same thing.

Apart from mudering their daughter before going out of course

Shame your parents didn't have the same idea really. ;)

That's a bit harsh on his sister. :icon_lol:

Am I missing something or has the possibilty of finding out who hired this car the McCann's hired prior to the McCanns getting it been persued? Surely the Portuguese excuse for police must have checked this out as to who had the vehicle at the time of her disappearance and whose had it since - if anyone. They should be automatically made alguido's as this is what seems to have happened to the McCann's on the basis that Maddie's DNA has been found in the car.

A small villiage like that, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they've ended up hiring the very car their daughter was abducted/killed/transported in.

And also the McCann's were given keys to the local church which is now to be searched, surely the police were monitoring their movements and the chance of them disposing of her there are very slim. If it comes about that this is what happened the police and the commanding officer in the case in particular want shot with shit.

Am I missing something or has the possibilty of finding out who hired this car the McCann's hired prior to the McCanns getting it been persued? Surely the Portuguese excuse for police must have checked this out as to who had the vehicle at the time of her disappearance and whose had it since - if anyone. They should be automatically made alguido's as this is what seems to have happened to the McCann's on the basis that Maddie's DNA has been found in the car.

A small villiage like that, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they've ended up hiring the very car their daughter was abducted/killed/transported in.

And also the McCann's were given keys to the local church which is now to be searched, surely the police were monitoring their movements and the chance of them disposing of her there are very slim. If it comes about that this is what happened the police and the commanding officer in the case in particular want shot with shit.

I'm sure that the Police said no one had hired the car 8 weeks prior to her abduction. I may be wrong, like.

I'm sure that the Police said no one had hired the car 8 weeks prior to her abduction. I may be wrong, like.

Jeremy Clarkson has courted controversy by suggesting they should have been charged solely for hiring a Renault Megane!

Jeremy Clarkson has courted controversy by suggesting they should have been charged solely for hiring a Renault Megane!

;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6991181.stm

McCanns consider own tests on car

The McCanns apparently fear the police will plant evidence

The parents of Madeleine McCann are considering commissioning independent forensic tests on the hire car that they used in Portugal.

A friend of the family says the car is being kept in a "safe place" after it emerged that earlier police tests had uncovered DNA evidence.

Kate and Gerry McCann are waiting for a judge to decide if they face charges.

A family spokesman said they will not use money raised for the Find Madeleine fund to pay for their legal expenses.

The parents of Madeleine McCann are considering commissioning independent forensic tests on the hire car that they used in Portugal.

A friend of the family says the car is being kept in a "safe place" after it emerged that earlier police tests had uncovered DNA evidence.

A family spokesman said they will not use money raised for the Find Madeleine fund to pay for their legal expenses.

Not quite sure how those tests would stand up. They could have been scrubbing that car clean all night long . . . . 'look officer, no DNA, we did our own test!'

Not quite sure how those tests would stand up. They could have been scrubbing that car clean all night long . . . . 'look officer, no DNA, we did our own test!'

From a they're innocent point of view I'd guess making sure what was found, was found there....... if you see what I mean.

Either though bungled cross contamination or even direct tampering.

From a they're guilty not quite so sure other than keeping it out of police hands and somehow trying to throw doubt (although the car sample haven't been full matches, so it's all a bit iffy anyway unless the samples come from something specifically and clearly tied to a dead body maybe).