3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photo Girl 'Not Missing Madeleine'

Updated: 16:08, Wednesday September 26, 2007

The recent photo purportedly showing Madeleine McCann is not of the missing girl, according to reports from Morocco.

Sky News understands the girl is from a local family.

Crime correspondent Martin Brunt said the reports from Morocco were unofficial but he understood that the child in the photo came from a farming family.

He said she bore a resemblance to the British girl who disappeared from a holiday apartment in Portugal on May 3.

The photograph was snapped by a Spanish tourist in northern Morocco last month.

The child is said to be Moroccan

Earlier, Clarence Mitchell, the spokesman for Madeleine's parents told Sky News: "You can imagine the emotional rollercoaster that causes Gerry and Kate each time this sort of information comes in.

"Even if this picture turns out not to be her, it is to the good because it brings people's minds back to finding Madeleine and taking them away from all the speculation and ill-founded gossip that has surrounded this in recent weeks.

"If it's not Madeleine, there's certainly a child in the area that looks very much like her. That's a matter for the investigating authorities."

The spokesman added that Mr and Mrs McCann clung to the belief their daughter was alive.

"Each day that passes without her body being found actually means it's a day closer to her being brought home alive and well," said Mr Mitchell.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1285900,00.html

TBF it doesn't look like one of their offspring

She's definitely got the dads eyes tbh.

Nah, the dad's definately got Maddie's eyes

In a jar on their mantelpiece if you ask me!

:icon_lol:

• 2 years later...

From a parental perspective, it must be heart-wrenching for the McCanns to see this lad reunited with his family while Madelaine's whereabouts are still unanswered.

People have their own opinions some of which I may agree with but a lot is based on conjecture but I know this for a fact, if my child went missing under any circumstances I'd be absolutely devastated.

From a parental perspective, it must be heart-wrenching for the McCanns to see this lad reunited with his family while Madelaine's whereabouts are still unanswered.

Madeline's mother knows exacty what happened. You can tell by the cold, dead eyes. imo.

Madeline's mother knows exacty what happened. You can tell by the cold, dead eyes. imo.

It's opinion I'm afraid Dr Ken - not everyone reacts the same way and the truth is we just don't know.

But IYAM I think it's hard for a person who continues to command the media spotlight from time to time to keep the same 'story' going without cracking. My genuine belief now is that what they are guilty of is leaving their children alone while they ate and no more.

But again, that's my opinion and I could well be wrong.

It's opinion I'm afraid Dr Ken - not everyone reacts the same way and the truth is we just don't know.

But IYAM I think it's hard for a person who continues to command the media spotlight from time to time to keep the same 'story' going without cracking. My genuine belief now is that what they are guilty of is leaving their children alone while they ate and no more.

I know it's easier said than done but I think they should concentrate on bringing up the kids they still have rather than the one they've lost. Don't they have one or two other kids?

I know it's easier said than done but I think they should concentrate on bringing up the kids they still have rather than the one they've lost. Don't they have one or two other kids?

I think they have a pair of twins don't they? Agree though that they should be the focus of their attention. You should never totally give up but I'd say after 3 years that Madelaine, like Ben Needham before is gone forever - even if she is still alive she'll have assumed a whole new identity after that length of time.

if my child went missing under any circumstances I'd be absolutely devastated.

Agreed. This is my worst fear in life.

Indeed. I really feel for them, at what point do you let go? I dont think I can be critical of anything they have done when in the same circumstance I don't know how I'd react. Worst fear and some.

This.

I can't believe they still haven't been prosecuted fro neglect, laughing at the nation as a whole imo.