3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

Might not be a peaodo, might have been a burglary and the kids wandered off out the open door. Where are the other two anyway?

Why does child abduction have to be always associated with paedophilia?

There's been many cases of children being abducted in the past with no sexual motive whatsoever (ransom, persons who cannot have children of their own, etc.)

I'm not condoning abduction whatsoever - it's a horrible crime, but to automatically label someone who has done it a paedophile is prejudice and wrong!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF it is true, I'd love to hear their justification for leaving them.

Part and parcel of becoming a parent is waiving the right to come and go as you please, your kids come first and if you can't find adequate care for them, you simply have to change your plans or take them with you. There's been many times when I've either had to say no or cancel plans because my kids welfare has come first.

There is absolute NO justification for leaving 3 children under the age of 4 by themselves just so that you can have a meal by yourselves.

I am sure they are going through a living hell at the moment, but if what is being suggested is true, they're entirely responsible!

Supposedly they could see the door to their room from the restaurant. The kid was snatched from a window. How different is them doing this to you leaving your kid alone sleeping upstairs while you're downstairs? They probably reasoned that they would be able to see anyone trying to come and go from the room and that they could get away with going and having dinner while just keeping an eye out. Not a wholly unreasonable way of thinking, and the outcome is hardly typical is it?

The door was open apparently when they went back so I doubt they could see it.

Part and parcel of becoming a parent is waiving the right to come and go as you please, your kids come first and if you can't find adequate care for them, you simply have to change your plans or take them with you. There's been many times when I've either had to say no or cancel plans because my kids welfare has come first.

There is absolute NO justification for leaving 3 children under the age of 4 by themselves just so that you can have a meal by yourselves.

I am sure they are going through a living hell at the moment, but if what is being suggested is true, they're entirely responsible!

Supposedly they could see the door to their room from the restaurant. The kid was snatched from a window. How different is them doing this to you leaving your kid alone sleeping upstairs while you're downstairs? They probably reasoned that they would be able to see anyone trying to come and go from the room and that they could get away with going and having dinner while just keeping an eye out. Not a wholly unreasonable way of thinking, and the outcome is hardly typical is it?

The door was open apparently when they went back so I doubt they could see it.

Well I dunno, just going on what I'd read.

As a parent there's no way I'd go out for a meal and leave my kids alone, especially if I was in a foreign country.

The upstairs / downstairs thing is different in that (well in my experience anyway) you always have an ear out for your kids when you're downstairs and they're upstairs and you're alert to every noise made.

Everyone's different I know, but that's my view on it and I wouldn't have left them.

Apparently the complex they were staying in had a baby-sitting service provided which they chose not to use.

Shocking parenting if its true, but they will be inside-out with guilt and worry.

Lets hope she's found soon, alive.

Parents want slapped for this, heard it on the radio the day, shocking. Says it all when I'm more shocked about the fact they left their kids alone, than someone taking one of them.

/if true

Also, still feel for them though, poor bastards.

Might not be a peaodo, might have been a burglary and the kids wandered off out the open door. Where are the other two anyway?

There's been many cases of children being abducted in the past with no sexual motive whatsoever (ransom, persons who cannot have children of their own, etc.)

I'm not condoning abduction whatsoever - it's a horrible crime, but to automatically label someone who has done it a paedophile is prejudice and wrong!

Come off it. If the kid has been taken of course it's a peado. I hardly think they were minted given the circumstances, and if you want a kid because you can't have one, you don't usually nick a 3 year old

Nah, I dont think you can make that assumption. Of course it comes to mind, but there is a host of reasons why it may have happened. Hope the kids ok, I hope they get the bairn back safe n sound. but i also hope they look themselves in the mirror and realise thats who's partly to blame.

Come off it. If the kid has been taken of course it's a peado. I hardly think they were minted given the circumstances, and if you want a kid because you can't have one, you don't usually nick a 3 year old

Bullshit, you can't make an assumption like that. You have no idea of the background of any of it.

Not that I'm saying it is a ransom case, but do you not think a consultant cardiologist who's wife is also a doctor may be minted? :panic:

And people who are desperate for children and have got to the point of considering abduction are hardly likely to get choosy about age, are they? It's opportunism.

But because you've decided it in your own mind, whoever has taken her is most definitely a paedophile.

Fuck's sake!

Bullshit, you can't make an assumption like that. You have no idea of the background of any of it.

Not that I'm saying it is a ransom case, but do you not think a consultant cardiologist who's wife is also a doctor may be minted? :panic:

And people who are desperate for children and have got to the point of considering abduction are hardly likely to get choosy about age, are they? It's opportunism.

But because you've decided it in your own mind, whoever has taken her is most definitely a paedophile.

Fuck's sake!

We'll see shall we...

Fuck's sake!

We'll see shall we...

Best thing you've written in this thread. Precisely, wait and see and until you know, don't judge!

Fuck's sake!

We'll see shall we...

Best thing you've written in this thread. Precisely, wait and see and until you know, don't judge!

If it wasn't so sick I'd put my money where my mouth is. It's obvious.

And of all the groups to start doing PR work for :panic:

Fuck's sake!

We'll see shall we...

So by the same token, because you've talked about faking orgasms and drugs use in a thread, can we automatically assume you have an impotency problem? :panic:

Fuck's sake!

We'll see shall we...

So by the same token, because you've talked about faking orgasms and drugs use in a thread, can we automatically assume you have an impotency problem? :panic:

Eh?

Making assumptions when you don't have all the facts...

Never mind eh? :panic:

What has that got to do with this post:

"So by the same token, because you've talked about faking orgasms and drugs use in a thread, can we automatically assume you have an impotency problem?"

Making assumptions when you don't have all the facts...

Never mind eh? :panic:

What has that got to do with this post:

"So by the same token, because you've talked about faking orgasms and drugs use in a thread, can we automatically assume you have an impotency problem?"

Jesus fucking christ.....

Like I said, never mind eh? :panic:

Talking pony there my friend, but I'll let it ride this time saying your a none parent :lol:

The fact that the bairns were left alone in the Villa is ludicrous. They were checking on them every half hour, thats fucking nice of them. A lot can happen in a Half hour as it did. Blatantly pissed up i reckon to make such an irresponsible decision, Selfish, incompetent fuckas.

Very sad news, hope she comes back unscathed and hopefully the parents, if thats what they can call themselves, have learnt a very harsh lesson for their stupidity.

Seething about this tbh, how could they have been so stupid? :D

More to the point they did this nearly every night, even though there were plenty of other options avaialable to them

I read there was a babysitting service available but they decided not to use it. I have to say i wouldn't let someone i know babysit my kids but then again i wouldn't leave them in an unattended villa in a foreign country. Do what everyother caring, sensible parent does, go out earlier for a meal then back to the villa with a carry out if you want to continue drinking.

They've paid the ultimate price for their selfishness imo as I hate to say it but i don't think they'll be seeing her again, well not alive.

I packed my job in this year to look after my son as we didn't want him going to a nursery when he's so young or being looked after by someone I don't know personally or trust. We've had to tighten the purse strings but it hasn't been that bad and we can sleep at night knowing he's getting one on one care and being cared for properly.

Superdad tbh

Edited by Wacky Jnr

More to the point they did this nearly every night, even though there were plenty of other options avaialable to them

I read there was a babysitting service available but they decided not to use it. I have to say i wouldn't let someone i know babysit my kids but then again i wouldn't leave them in an unattended villa in a foreign country. Do what everyother caring, sensible parent does, go out earlier for a meal then back to the villa with a carry out if you want to continue drinking.

They've paid the ultimate price for their selfishness imo as I hate to say it but i don't think they'll be seeing her again, well not alive.

I packed my job in this year to look after my son as we didn't want him going to a nursery when he's so young or being looked after by someone I don't know personally or trust. We've had to tighten the purse strings but it hasn't been that bad and we can sleep at night knowing he's getting one on one care and being cared for properly.

Superdad tbh

Does it really matter though? By having a career break or tightening your belt are you not just storing up money problems for the future? Parents are far too untrusting when it comes to care professionals, given the actual reality of the statistics. A controlled nursery environment can actually improve the emotional and interpersonal development required by children in their early years.

My guess is its someone in the complex - someone who had seen her and knew the parents well enough (if only by sight) to notice they were on the piss and just checking every so often

I'd start by running the names of everyone there through the BRITISH police computer ..............