3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's call a spade a fuckin shovel here but if that little girl was the daughter of a 1 parent family on a cheap as shit package holidy how much would the fuclin media be all over her like a rash calling her an unfit mother and taking the other two kids off her into social care ...but ergo tis a middle class mother so lets throw in the fuckin sympathy ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of truth in what you say. The media is incredibly hypocritical when it comes to this sort of thing though. Young people (and even toddlers) go missing quite a lot but a lot of factors are dependent on whether the press decide to give it any coverage, minimal coverage or the sort of blanket coverage this is getting. This seems to tick all the right boxes for them. It even allows them to sneer down their superior noses at the way a foreign police force handles this sort of thing. And the whole ghoulish fascination thing is sickening imo - and by that I mean the live link-ups on GMTV etc. rather than the public in general or people on here.

:lol:

Guest alex

On about the possibility of her having been snatched "to order" for a paedo ring on telly this morning. Horrendous thought.

It is, but do they have a clue or is it just more conjecture to keep the story interesting? I don't know as I've tended to avoid the thing apart from on actual news bulletins for a few days now.

On about the possibility of her having been snatched "to order" for a paedo ring on telly this morning. Horrendous thought.

God, that's just unbearable.

It is, but do they have a clue or is it just more conjecture to keep the story interesting? I don't know as I've tended to avoid the thing apart from on actual news bulletins for a few days now.

I'm not sure, possibly the latter. They were trying to link it to the fact that the police were said to be scaling down their search which they took to mean that they were focussing on one line of inquiry which was this paedo one. They didn't have much more concrete to say to back that up though, so it could just be sensationalist bollocks.

Let's hope so - I would rather they found the poor kid's body than her being used for christ knows what by paedos.

Horrific.... :lol:

I would have probably topped myself by now at the thought of that. Put it this way if they did catch the fucka and thats what had went on I'd be doing a Jack Ruby, no doubt about it, sick fucks.

Gonna have to stop reading this thread, I end up seething everytime i do :lol:

The mother and father should be exposed for what they are, unfit parents. As radgie says if it had of been a commoner the other kids would have been in care already and she would have a lynch mob waiting for her back in England.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I would have probably topped myself by now at the thought of that. Put it this way if they did catch the fucka and thats what had went on I'd be doing a Jack Ruby, no doubt about it, sick fucks.

Gonna have to stop reading this thread, I end up seething everytime i do :lol:

The mother and father should be exposed for what they are, unfit parents. As radgie says if it had of been a commoner the other kids would have been in care already and she would have a lynch mob waiting for her back in England.

It's not the time or the place to be criticising the parents yet again. If it's making us feel sick to our stomachs then imagine the sheer desperation that they're going through right now.

Guest alex

Exactly Cath. People are basically saying if it was a poorer family the media would be having a right pop at them, then doing the same themselves. They're just paying a terrible price for a daft mistake imo.

Gonna have to stop reading this thread, I end up seething everytime i do ;)

It's not the time or the place to be criticising the parents yet again. If it's making us feel sick to our stomachs then imagine the sheer desperation that they're going through right now.

It is their fault she's missing though. I agree though slagging them won't ensure her safe return, just pissed off with them, sorry mam :lol:

Guest alex

Gonna have to stop reading this thread, I end up seething everytime i do :shades:

It is their fault she's missing though. I agree though slagging them won't ensure her safe return, just pissed off with them, sorry mam :lol:

I think the person who took her could take a share of the blame like. ;)

Gonna have to stop reading this thread, I end up seething everytime i do :(

I think the person who took her could take a share of the blame like. ;)

Possibly, wanker :shades:

Aye, it's not the time to be apportioning blame at the moment - concentrate on finding her first, the parents are going through enough shit at the moment without every man and his dog criticising their parenting.....

They know they've fucked up but as has been said before, if they'd come back from the restaurant and she'd been there, no one would have been critical of them.

Very sad situation, I just hope that they do get a chance to put it right.

There was an article in the mail a couple of days ago by some silly middle class bint arguing that they had done nowt wrong leaving their kids, saying its no different to going to sleep and leaving them in a room next door on a night.

She then went on to argue that she lets her 11 year old daughter get the train home from school 8 miles in the dark and isnt worried.

Silly cow

Madeleine Police Target Three Suspects

Updated: 15:53, Thursday May 10, 2007

There appears to have been a significant development in the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann, according to Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt.

Madeleine: Missing for one week

He says Portuguese police are focusing on two men and a woman seen with a girl matching the three-year-old's description.

Officers have called a news conference for later today.

This follows reports of Madeleine's parents being driven away at speed from their apartment.

Brunt, who is in Portugal, said: "Things are happening, they could be important, there could be a big development.

"I'm also being told that a town or village has been sealed off near Seville in southern Spain. It is not a long journey to get from the Algarve across the border."

Officers have reportedly examined CCTV footage showing a girl fitting Madeleine's description with a woman and two men.

The footage was taken at a service station a few miles from the village of Praia da Luz a few days ago, on the road towards Spain.

Live streaming on Sky News Online

The Portuguese newspaper, 24 Horas, said the woman was in her 40s, blonde and appeared foreign.

Brunt said police have shown a still from the CCTV to a British tourist who confirmed it showed a man he had to chase off from photographing his daughter.

Earlier, a special service was held in the village church at Praia Da Luz in Portugal to mark one week since Madeleine McCann was abducted.

The three-year-old's mother, Kate, repeatedly broke down in tears and had to be supported by a friend as she listened to prayers for Madeleine's safe return.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1264945,00.html

Good news.

It's Maddy's 4th birthday today. As each day goes by it feels more unlikely that they'll find her, but please God, let them find her today and take her back to her parents for her birthday where she should be :D

Happy birthday Madeleine. Really hope she turns up soon.

Charlotte's picked it up from us watching the news and asked me this morning how long it'll take to find her.

She knows she's a child of her age and I don't quite know how you tell her how she went missing and that there's a chance she may never come home. The world is even more cruel to the innocent mind :D

I know its sounds warful but IMO there is something very fishy about this? or am I thinking about Huntley too much?

The Portugues police have said that the porch doors were actually unlocked, even open and there was no forced entry?

Fucking a villa, on a main road with the doors unlocked and possibley opend? Are the parents fucking brain dead?

I know its sounds warful but IMO there is something very fishy about this? or am I thinking about Huntley too much?

The Portugues police have said that the porch doors were actually unlocked, even open and there was no forced entry?

Fucking a villa, on a main road with the doors unlocked and possibley opend? Are the parents fucking brain dead?

That's the first time I've heard that and indeed everything else that has been reported has been on the contrary.

The room Maddie was in was locked. The window was forced to gain entry. That's like going out for an evening and someone breaks into your house to burgle it... I think it's pretty certain that they were being watched. As I've said, I know someone who knows the couple and from what he's observed they are very caring parents and very nice people. The crime here isn't neglect, it's abduction. If the parents were in another room in the apartment and someone broke in through her window and exited with her, would that be their fault as well?

I think what they did (by leaving her) is morally VERY questionable. A very BIG mistake. But the criminal action is by the abductor/s and that must be pursued.

There but for the grace of God, go all of us...

That's the first time I've heard that and indeed everything else that has been reported has been on the contrary.

The room Maddie was in was locked. The window was forced to gain entry. That's like going out for an evening and someone breaks into your house to burgle it... I think it's pretty certain that they were being watched. As I've said, I know someone who knows the couple and from what he's observed they are very caring parents and very nice people. The crime here isn't neglect, it's abduction. If the parents were in another room in the apartment and someone broke in through her window and exited with her, would that be their fault as well?

I think what they did (by leaving her) is morally VERY questionable. A very BIG mistake. But the criminal action is by the abductor/s and that must be pursued.

I hear what you are saying Craig, but I read in the Mail this morning that there was no forced entry. But that has yet to be confirmed. I just dont like the whole situation tbh

I hope she is found safe and well like everyone on here, but I dunno, I just dont feel right about the parents?

I hear what you are saying Craig, but I read in the Mail this morning that there was no forced entry. But that has yet to be confirmed. I just dont like the whole situation tbh

I hope she is found safe and well like everyone on here, but I dunno, I just dont feel right about the parents?

There you go then it must be bollocks.

It's the mother for me like, looks evil imo. Couldn't go for a stroll on the beach or to church for prayers if it was me like.