3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I do not want to say it, but I think it has something to do with paedophilia or a paedophile ring as reported. There are networks all over Europe for this dreadful sort of thing. Those sick bastards pay big money for it. Missing for more than a week. Poor little soul.

No place is safe. It is irresponsible to keep little children unattended. But her parents must be going through absolute hell, as I fear that that poor little angel must be.

Edited by Ken

I know its sounds warful but IMO there is something very fishy about this? or am I thinking about Huntley too much?

The Portugues police have said that the porch doors were actually unlocked, even open and there was no forced entry?

Fucking a villa, on a main road with the doors unlocked and possibley opend? Are the parents fucking brain dead?

That's the first time I've heard that and indeed everything else that has been reported has been on the contrary.

The room Maddie was in was locked. The window was forced to gain entry. That's like going out for an evening and someone breaks into your house to burgle it... I think it's pretty certain that they were being watched. As I've said, I know someone who knows the couple and from what he's observed they are very caring parents and very nice people. The crime here isn't neglect, it's abduction. If the parents were in another room in the apartment and someone broke in through her window and exited with her, would that be their fault as well?

I think what they did (by leaving her) is morally VERY questionable. A very BIG mistake. But the criminal action is by the abductor/s and that must be pursued.

There but for the grace of God, go all of us...

I hear what you are saying Craig, but I read in the Mail this morning that there was no forced entry. But that has yet to be confirmed. I just dont like the whole situation tbh

I hope she is found safe and well like everyone on here, but I dunno, I just dont feel right about the parents?

It's the mother for me like, looks evil imo. Couldn't go for a stroll on the beach or to church for prayers if it was me like.

Its both parents for me Smooth tbh

They just look too relaxed and dont look too upset tbh. But shock etc does weird things too us all?

Its not just me who thinks like this either, a chat in the office this morning and a few feel like this?

Tragic though this case is, why is it deserving of such attention? Children go missing somewhere in Europe on a daily basis. Children die of preventable causes every minute of the day in Africa.

I've had e-mails from people expecting me to sponsor them for charity runs for "Maddy"? What's the point, where's the money going to go? David Beckham has been appealing for information? Why? What's it got to do with him?

It's like the Soham case all over again, the media are obsessed by white, pretty, middle class girls going missing. I realise I run the risk of being slated for saying this but I just think the whole thing is wrong.

Tragic though this case is, why is it deserving of such attention? Children go missing somewhere in Europe on a daily basis. Children die of preventable causes every minute of the day in Africa.

I've had e-mails from people expecting me to sponsor them for charity runs for "Maddy"? What's the point, where's the money going to go? David Beckham has been appealing for information? Why? What's it got to do with him?

It's like the Soham case all over again, the media are obsessed by white, pretty, middle class girls going missing. I realise I run the risk of being slated for saying this but I just think the whole thing is wrong.

Take a look at the football shirt she is wearing in one of the photos tbh

Thats just the way the media works though Renton. Her going missing probably coincided with a slow news day, which put that high up on the schedule and obviously once it is there, the public are interested. If a bomb had gone off in Britian 10 days ago this wouldn't even be mentioned, as you say, like many other child disappearances.

Not sure if its a class issue though.

To pay for the parents to stay there apparently, they're two fucking doctors ffs, I'm sure they can afford a couple more weeks out there.

I agree with what you say regarding all these footballers getting involved with their pleas, jumping on a band wagon but I suppose if they're asked it's hard to turn round and say no.

Thats just the way the media works though Renton. Her going missing probably coincided with a slow news day, which put that high up on the schedule and obviously once it is there, the public are interested. If a bomb had gone off in Britian 10 days ago this wouldn't even be mentioned, as you say, like many other child disappearances.

Not sure if its a class issue though.

I don't know that it is a class issue but maybe the middle classes are better at promoting their loss. Personally I reckon I'd want to be left alone.

Sima, iirc, she was wearing an Everton top. What's your point?

Sima, iirc, she was wearing an Everton top. What's your point?

Liverpool, city of tragedy tbh

Righto, the fuss is bacause she had an Everton top. Don't her parents live in the home counties and hail from Scotland?

I agree. It's terrible, but the media have gone completely hysterical. I've stopped reading when I see any mention of it.

What's this "fighting fund" they're inviting the public to contribute to all about?

Wheres that Gem?

Its bad news but its all a bit odd IMO

Rowling

Rooney

Beckham

etc

What happens when some poor kid gets shot here, or stabbed there or goes missing anywhere else? Just becasue Ronaldo tried to help they are all jumping on the bandwagon. Ronaldo fair enough a high status Portuguese (I cant spell it ffs) figure maybe could have influance one a potential abducter, but why does Rowling & co have to stick their ore in?

I know its sounds warful but IMO there is something very fishy about this? or am I thinking about Huntley too much?

The Portugues police have said that the porch doors were actually unlocked, even open and there was no forced entry?

Fucking a villa, on a main road with the doors unlocked and possibley opend? Are the parents fucking brain dead?

That's the first time I've heard that and indeed everything else that has been reported has been on the contrary.

The room Maddie was in was locked. The window was forced to gain entry. That's like going out for an evening and someone breaks into your house to burgle it... I think it's pretty certain that they were being watched. As I've said, I know someone who knows the couple and from what he's observed they are very caring parents and very nice people. The crime here isn't neglect, it's abduction. If the parents were in another room in the apartment and someone broke in through her window and exited with her, would that be their fault as well?

I think what they did (by leaving her) is morally VERY questionable. A very BIG mistake. But the criminal action is by the abductor/s and that must be pursued.

There but for the grace of God, go all of us...

I hear what you are saying Craig, but I read in the Mail this morning that there was no forced entry. But that has yet to be confirmed. I just dont like the whole situation tbh

I hope she is found safe and well like everyone on here, but I dunno, I just dont feel right about the parents?

It's the mother for me like, looks evil imo. Couldn't go for a stroll on the beach or to church for prayers if it was me like.

Its both parents for me Smooth tbh

They just look too relaxed and dont look too upset tbh. But shock etc does weird things too us all?

Its not just me who thinks like this either, a chat in the office this morning and a few feel like this?

You lot are fucking unbelievable. The mother looks like she hasn't slept since it happened. If they were throwing themselves in front of the TV every 5 minutes then I'd wonder myself, but FFS why are people so quick to judge??

As for the comment about them both being doctors and therefore should be able to afford to stay out there, it's human nature to leave just inside your means. Yes, they earn more than most of the people on this site, but by contrast, I bet the outgoings they've committed to in recent years reflects this. It's not every parent says "tell you what, lets create ourselves a slush fund just incase anything happens to the kids".

If it was my daughter who'd been snatched, particularly abroad, I'd welcome all the help anyone offered me.

The press are giving it a bit too much coverage for my liking, much like they did the Soham tragedy, but that doesn't make it any less important to try to find the kid and it certainly doesn't make the parents any more to blame.

Sima's comment about the Everton shirt is ridiculous. She's from Leicester and most of her family originate from Scotland. I think I read somewhere that a relative who lives in the north west bought the Everton top for her so to make a generalisation about being from Merseyside is narrow-minded and idiotic.

Craig, at the start of this thread you had the parents down as "entirely responsible" and they wanted shot and all the rest of it. I'm not sure at exactly what stage you made your u-turn, but it's a fairly comprehensive one. :lol:

to be honest I think I'd rather she washed up on the shore than be found murdered at the hands of some sicko.

i would rather that she had been abducted as a replacement for someone who had lost a child - at least she would be looked after - but the likeihood of that is very very silm :lol:

That's what me mams hoping for as well. Personally, I'm blaming Joanne Lees.

Craig, at the start of this thread you had the parents down as "entirely responsible" and they wanted shot and all the rest of it. I'm not sure at exactly what stage you made your u-turn, but it's a fairly comprehensive one. :lol:

If you read the rest of the thread, you'd find out! :nufc:

Initial reaction WAS that the parents made a stupid error and were accountable, but I never for once suggested that they actually had something to do with her disappearance. That's fucking obscene IMO.

The other thing which is ridiculous is that some on here are in one breath complaining that they feel the press are reporting this differently because of the family's background (than if if was someone of a lower working class), yet in the other are having a whinge that the parents are doctors and therefore shouldn't be offered handouts.

FFS, there is a kid missing - fuck society class, fuck the amount of money they've got in the bank, fuck the fact that the parents made a moral error and one they will never make again. The single most important thing is that this child is found, whether she be dead or alive because there is a family grieving over her loss. Either they need her back or they need 'closure' on the situation.

I was very quick to judge and I still maintain they made a moral mistake, but as a parent myself, if it was my child missing and the public were generalising about what I may have done to them, I'd be horrified

We don't know the couple, there is no previous suggestion of any child neglect so the fact that people make that judgement based on how they act when they're grieving and a TV camera is shoved in front of their face annoys the fuck out of me.

IF they are guilty of any wrong doing, they'll found out and THEN people should judge then, not now.

Guest alex

I agree with Craig but you can hardly blame the general public for speculating when you consider the amount of ill-informed guesswork that has been spilling out of the media since it happened. Not useful and it's only done to keep the story going until they find another 'more interesting' one. The press (even in this country) were all over the Virginia Tech shottings like a rash before this. Makes me sick tbh. As though a live link-up to the place she went missing days afterwards does anything or adds anything to the report.

I agree that the coverage has been a bit OTT and again, it's something that is too reminiscant of the Soham case.

It could do with someone coming out and asking the press to leave it alone for a while, but you can understand that they'll see coverage as a positive thing in finding her.

Speculation is one thing, but some of the comments on here can be considered libellous. I think we run a pretty loose ship with what's allowed and not allowed on here, but some comments are getting to close to the bone for my liking.

As though a live link-up to the place she went missing days afterwards does anything or adds anything to the report.

Aye, this is what fucks me off. Sky, the beeb, GM-fuckin-TV all with the main anchors standing outside the hotel. Pointless and intrusive.