3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jormans dont mess

The parents of Madeleine McCann have gone on the offensive after being shocked by accusations that they were involved in their daughter's abduction.

Kate and Gerry have hit back at criticism of their campaign

Kate and Gerry McCann were in Berlin to raise awareness of Madeleine's kidnap, almost five weeks after she was taken from the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.

But they were forced to issue a vehement denial when a journalist from German radio suggested that the "finger of suspicion" was pointing at them.

They also hit back at criticism of their publicity campaign across Europe.

Reporter Sabina Mueller asked: "How do you feel about the fact that more and more people seem to be pointing the finger at you, saying the way you behave is not the way people would normally behave when their child is abducted and they seem to imply that you might have something to do with it?"

A surprised Mrs McCann immediately stepped in.

"To be honest I don't actually think that is the case, I think that is a very small minority of people that are criticising us," she said.

"We are very responsible parents and we love our children so much and I think it is only a very few people that are actually criticising us."

Mr McCann added: "I have never heard before that anyone considers us suspects in this and the Portuguese police certainly don't."

In a powerful statement, the parents responded to wider criticism, saying that they were not on a "tour" of Europe and asking what other parents would do if they were suffering a similar ordeal.

Mr McCann, a consultant cardiologist, launched into a long defence of he and his wife, struggling at times to compose himself.

He said: "I can understand why people are amazed at what Kate and I are doing - before this happened to us, we would have been amazed.

"I am sure everyone in this room has asked themselves how, when our daughter whom we love so much is missing, can we continue to function.

"In the first two or three days we were almost non-functional and one of the worst feelings of all - along with the terror, the anguish and the despair - was helplessness."

Mr McCann said they felt they were doing something positive in the search for their daughter and had been advised by experts that raising her profile would help.

"If we had, for example, stayed indoors, locked ourselves away and waited, and waited, and waited, for a month, we would be shells of the people we are."

In the first overt criticism of Portuguese police the parents said that border police in Portugal had not been made aware of Madeleine's disappearance for 12 hours - and so she could have been taken anywhere.

Mr McCann said: "The difficulty that we face is that there is no degree of certainty that Madeleine is still in Portugal."

But they continue to cling to the hope Madeleine is alive.

"We feel that if she had come to harm or been killed, we would have found her,” Mr McCann said. "As time goes on, it just gets harder to be without her.

"We have our lows - there is no doubt when we dwell on the negatives or what might be happening to her, it is unbearable.

"But we try to channel our emotions into the positive. We support each other. The lows, when they do come, are not always at the same time. Kate supports me and vice versa."

Both parents struggled to keep their composure when asked what message they would send to their daughter.

They looked down at their hands and there was a long silence before Mrs McCann said quietly: "She knows we love her."

Taken from The Telegraph

The Jormans dont mess

The parents of Madeleine McCann have gone on the offensive after being shocked by accusations that they were involved in their daughter's abduction.

Kate and Gerry have hit back at criticism of their campaign

Kate and Gerry McCann were in Berlin to raise awareness of Madeleine's kidnap, almost five weeks after she was taken from the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.

But they were forced to issue a vehement denial when a journalist from German radio suggested that the "finger of suspicion" was pointing at them.

They also hit back at criticism of their publicity campaign across Europe.

Reporter Sabina Mueller asked: "How do you feel about the fact that more and more people seem to be pointing the finger at you, saying the way you behave is not the way people would normally behave when their child is abducted and they seem to imply that you might have something to do with it?"

A surprised Mrs McCann immediately stepped in.

"To be honest I don't actually think that is the case, I think that is a very small minority of people that are criticising us," she said.

"We are very responsible parents and we love our children so much and I think it is only a very few people that are actually criticising us."

Mr McCann added: "I have never heard before that anyone considers us suspects in this and the Portuguese police certainly don't."

In a powerful statement, the parents responded to wider criticism, saying that they were not on a "tour" of Europe and asking what other parents would do if they were suffering a similar ordeal.

Mr McCann, a consultant cardiologist, launched into a long defence of he and his wife, struggling at times to compose himself.

He said: "I can understand why people are amazed at what Kate and I are doing - before this happened to us, we would have been amazed.

"I am sure everyone in this room has asked themselves how, when our daughter whom we love so much is missing, can we continue to function.

"In the first two or three days we were almost non-functional and one of the worst feelings of all - along with the terror, the anguish and the despair - was helplessness."

Mr McCann said they felt they were doing something positive in the search for their daughter and had been advised by experts that raising her profile would help.

"If we had, for example, stayed indoors, locked ourselves away and waited, and waited, and waited, for a month, we would be shells of the people we are."

In the first overt criticism of Portuguese police the parents said that border police in Portugal had not been made aware of Madeleine's disappearance for 12 hours - and so she could have been taken anywhere.

Mr McCann said: "The difficulty that we face is that there is no degree of certainty that Madeleine is still in Portugal."

But they continue to cling to the hope Madeleine is alive.

"We feel that if she had come to harm or been killed, we would have found her,” Mr McCann said. "As time goes on, it just gets harder to be without her.

"We have our lows - there is no doubt when we dwell on the negatives or what might be happening to her, it is unbearable.

"But we try to channel our emotions into the positive. We support each other. The lows, when they do come, are not always at the same time. Kate supports me and vice versa."

Both parents struggled to keep their composure when asked what message they would send to their daughter.

They looked down at their hands and there was a long silence before Mrs McCann said quietly: "She knows we love her."

Taken from The Telegraph

A lot of people myself included seem to be criticising how they lock put 3 young children in a room and leave them. If it was in the UK they could get arrested. having said that I don't think they were actively involved in the abduction.

Aye, its against the law in this country what they did I think Its not right waht they did.

I just cant get my head around the way they are acting and conducting themselves. If they were some people from a shit house estate then they would have been shot down by now.

Thousands of kids go missing in europe every day yet nothing like this happens!

Yeah, I assume the German journalist in question wasn't really suggesting they had anything to do with it in a sinister sense, but thought it was the best way of raising the general issue of how they've handled the whole thing and managed to deflect a lot of the blame from themselves.

You have to laugh when they're laid into for leaving the kids on their own for a bit, then people coming out this week saying that we're overprotecting children and they should be left by themselves more.

My parents did the same to me when I was younger, I don't think they did anything wrong. They're just unlucky that some paedo has snatched her.

You have to laugh when they're laid into for leaving the kids on their own for a bit, then people coming out this week saying that we're overprotecting children and they should be left by themselves more.

My parents did the same to me when I was younger, I don't think they did anything wrong. They're just unlucky that some paedo has snatched her.

Explains a lot tbh

Explains a lot tbh

That doesn't make any sense. ;)

Explains a lot tbh

Left alone, had an imaginary friend, talked to yourself, sound familiar :razz:

Explains a lot tbh

I don't know what he's on about either.

:razz:

• 2 months later...
A Portuguese newspaper reckons the McCann's are being interviewed by the police again because they accidentally killed her with an overdose of sedatives to send her to sleep whilst they went out.

Thats what the portuguese media have been inferring for the last few weeks.

A Portuguese newspaper reckons the McCann's are being interviewed by the police again because they accidentally killed her with an overdose of sedatives to send her to sleep whilst they went out.

That was a while ago and they're suing the paper for it. They're both doctors, so in pure terms of competence no way could they have overdosed the kid, if they even did dose her up.

She was interviewed as a 'witness' today, he's being done tomorrow, which is wierd. You would think they would be done together to prevent collusion. God knows what they think they've uncovered, maybe they think one of the friends did it and are establishing where people went in the villa after she dissappeared. The Mirror is on about DNA traces found in a room in a place where that person should not have been?

That was a while ago and they're suing the paper for it. They're both doctors, so in pure terms of competence no way could they have overdosed the kid, if they even did dose her up.

She was interviewed as a 'witness' today, he's being done tomorrow, which is wierd. You would think they would be done together to prevent collusion. God knows what they think they've uncovered, maybe they think one of the friends did it and are establishing where people went in the villa after she dissappeared. The Mirror is on about DNA traces found in a room in a place where that person should not have been?

I think you are giving them too much credit.

1 doctor on a stressed out shift might make a fuck up, but 2 on holiday? I doubt it

1 doctor on a stressed out shift might make a fuck up, but 2 on holiday? I doubt it

Unlikely agreed, but far from impossible, also it would only have taken one of them to sedate her so this "two of them wouldn't have fucked up" argument isn't water-tight.

I doubt the story too, but to say they couldn't fuck up just because they are "professionals" is facile, there have been countless "profesionals" fuck up throught time.

Unlikely agreed, but far from impossible, also it would only have taken one of them to sedate her so this "two of them wouldn't have fucked up" argument isn't water-tight.

I doubt the story too, but to say they couldn't fuck up just because they are "professionals" is facile, there have been countless "profesionals" fuck up throught time.

If they did it, one would definitely have checked the others dosage. It's standard medical practice, you don't forget that sort of thing just by being on holiday.

If they did it, one would definitely have checked the others dosage. It's standard medical practice, you don't forget that sort of thing just by being on holiday.

Its not impossible they fucked up.

At the end of the day though, these people are in a foreign country and dont know the area etc. So where did they dump the body? how did they do it without being seen? how come the body has never been found? etc etc But finally they couldnt keep this act up and more importantly why stay in the country? surely if theyre out and back home then its harder to be nicked for it.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility for that sort of accident to happen but it becomes more unlikely when you look at the rest of it.

Maybe they were pissed :lol:

Maybe they were pissed :lol:

my thoughts exactly

The time frame doesnt fit. She was reported missing almost immediatley so they could only dump the body locally, and the place has been ripped apart for months now. Also, unless they were stone cold killers one of them would have cracked by now, staying in portugal all this time, kepping it in the press, meeting the pope etc.

The time frame doesnt fit. She was reported missing almost immediatley so they could only dump the body locally, and the place has been ripped apart for months now. Also, unless they were stone cold killers one of them would have cracked by now, staying in portugal all this time, kepping it in the press, meeting the pope etc.

How do we know she was reported straight away. The timeline is based on the word of the parents