3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a year older than maddie I used to walk to school on my own.

You walked to school on your own when you were 4!? ;)

How far was it?

She's 4 isn't she? I was 5 when I started the infants. About 1/2km away from home.

Just went by the thread title.

Whats a 1/2km in proper people measurements? ;)

You walked to school on your own when you were 4!? ;)

How far was it?

She's 4 isn't she? I was 5 when I started the infants. About 1/2km away from home.

Just went by the thread title.

Whats a 1/2km in proper people measurements? ;)

She was 3 when she 'went', 4 now though.

About 500m.

I used to walk back from school with friends or by myself aged 6 onwards - at least a mile and crossing some busy roads. We used to watch films telling us not to take sweeties from strange men and do the green cross code. Iirc the stats show that abductions are about the same now as they were then - incredibly rare. Getting run over was and is a much bigger risk.

Times have changed mate.

Aye it's amazing how we've adapted life on account of events that have occurred over the years... ;)

Just as many kids probably got snatched years ago - the cases just weren't media frenzies. Having said that I wasn't left alone in the house at night until I was about 14.

I had to get a bus to infants and juniors - my Mam took me for the first year I think then I caught it myself.

I first started walking to school when I was about 8 years old, only years later did my mum admit she used to follow me at a distance to make sure I got there safe.

I first started walking to school when I was about 8 years old, only years later did my mum admit she used to follow me at a distance to make sure I got there safe.

More likely to have followed you to make sure you didn't start playing with yourself on the way to school!

I was put on a mini-bus to my school from the day I started infants school. albeit there was only about 7 or 8 kids who got on the bus and all the parents knew each other and one of them was my elder brother (mind you, he was only 10 at the time).

But my parents never once took me to school...

Judge Asked For Emergency Order

Updated: 22:54, Tuesday September 11, 2007

The public prosecutor in Portugal is reported to have asked the judge in the Madeleine McCann case to make an emergency order allowing him to seize a mystery object.

It is not known what or where the object is but the prosecutor has asked the judge to issue an order allowing him to have it within 24 hours.

Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "The prosecution has asked the judge for an emergency order to give them permission to go and seize it.

"We do not know where or what it is, whether it is in this country or whether it is something perhaps the McCann family are refusing to hand over."

Earlier, the prosecutor decided that a dossier outlining the case against missing Madeleine McCann's parents should go before a judge.

Police handed their files to the Algarve-based prosecutor, Jose Cunha de Magalhaes e Meneses, for him to decide whether to bring charges against Kate and Gerry McCann.

Speaking outside the prosecutor's office in Portimao, Luisa Duarte said Mr Cunha de Magalhaes e Meneses had received the papers and decided they should go before an instructional judge.

The development could mean the couple may find out in the next 10 days whether they will be charged with their daughter's death.

Alternatively, it may be that the prosecutor is asking for stricter bail conditions, another round of questioning of the McCanns or fresh searches.

But the file, which was only handed to the prosecutor by police on Tuesday, was not expected to be passed on so quickly.

"That's a pretty dramatic development because it shows the prosecutor is moving quickly," said Brunt.

"The prosecutor has already decided there is enough evidence for the file to go to the judge and it will now be up to the judge to see whether there is enough evidence to file charges.

"In the next 10 days the McCanns could find out if they are to be brought back here to be charged with Madeleine's death."

Portugal's attorney-general, who oversees the public prosecutor's office, said that officials would examine police findings and announce within 10 days what further steps would be taken.

"The investigation ... is not over, and further detective work is required," Attorney-General Fernando Pinto Monteiro said in a written statement.

It is also reported that he has appointed a second public prosecutor to oversee the investigation.

Meanwhile, bodily fluids - not blood - matching Madeleine McCann's DNA have been found in the car hired by her parents, according to sources.

The sample was taken from the boot, where the spare tyre is kept.

It had an 88% match with the missing four-year-old's DNA, sources said.

Police searching the car also found so much of Madeleine's hair that it could not have been transferred from a blanket or clothes.

It must have come directly from her body, sources said.

The information came from senior sources in the investigation who briefed Portuguese journalists.

It follows last night's revelation by Sky News that detectives had found DNA evidence that Madeleine's body had been in the boot of the car hire by Mr and Mrs McCann five weeks after their daughter's disappearance.

Brunt said: "The Portuguese press reports have been reasonably accurate in reflecting what's going on in the thoughts, and the direction, of detectives.

"It sounds like what we reported last night is being born out."

Mr and Mrs McCann are enduring the tense wait for news at their home in Rothley, Leicestershire.

Both have been named by police as suspects in their daughter's disappearance on May 3 in the Algarve.

Family spokesman Brian Kennedy, who is Madeleine's great uncle, said of the family: "They are holding up extremely well."

That article Jimbo's just posted highlights half the problem with the who situaiton IMO. If someone farts in Praia Da Luz then the press are reporting. FFS a crime has been committed, there's going to be lots of instances of where objects are going to be needed to be seized.

It's only a mystery because the numbskull who wrote the article hasn't got a clue what it is. And the comment about it maybe being something that the McCanns are refusing to hand over will be twisted to fuck and will see them painted in the light of "parents with obviously something to hide"

Whoever wrote this garbage, fuck off and go report some real news! ;)

That article Jimbo's just posted highlights half the problem with the who situaiton IMO. If someone farts in Praia Da Luz then the press are reporting. FFS a crime has been committed, there's going to be lots of instances of where objects are going to be needed to be seized.

It's only a mystery because the numbskull who wrote the article hasn't got a clue what it is. And the comment about it maybe being something that the McCanns are refusing to hand over will be twisted to fuck and will see them painted in the light of "parents with obviously something to hide"

Whoever wrote this garbage, fuck off and go report some real news! ;)

Seems perfectly news-worthy in my opinion.

I guess my raw attitude is due to the fact that I'm going through a divorce and am already sick to death of seeing intricate details of my life being outlined in detail in paper form by some arsehole solicitor who never mind not knowing me, they've never even met me!

Conversely, I'm seeing intricate details of things against the McCanns being outlined by the press and I'm experiencing some empathy for them.

It's not news to me, it's some member of the gutter press who's got a sniff of something which may turn out to be lead but in reality may not ever get mentioned again.

The outcome of the request of the seizure of his item could be the key moment in this investigation and might quicken the discovery of a body if there is one.

The outcome of the request of the seizure of his item could be the key moment in this investigation and might quicken the discovery of a body if there is one.

The operative word being 'could'. It quite easily 'could not' as well.

If it IS key then it is news..... at the moment its conjecture

The operative word being 'could'. It quite easily 'could not' as well.

If it IS key then it is news..... at the moment its conjecture

Let me get this straight, you don't think the chief prosecutor requesting that the judge make an emergency seizure order is worthy of reporting in the news ??

The accidental death theory seems plausible enough, however I would find it very hard to believe that they could move a body given the circumstances, unless it was hidden or unrecogniseable, ie dismembered and smuggled.

Theres only two ways I have seen that they could do this, one would be in the twins pram which on pictures has a black veil over it and the second is by moving the body in smaller parts, Kate never let go of cuddle cat, which also would be a source of Madeleines DNA.

Speculation as wild and as ridiculous as anything else I have seen and it wouldnt surprise me if cuddle cat is what the police want.

However, I do not believe that they are responsible yet, I think the police obviously have solid enough evidence to suspect them and they should charge them as soon as possible so they can defend themselves if this is the case.

This would give them the chance to clear themselves and get back to the real issue, what happened or where Madeleine is, the press speculation is ridiculous and needs to be brought to an end for the sake of everyone involved.

Fact is that very few people know what really happened and we may never find out, i say leave the police to do their work and let the McCanns defend themselves if need be.

The only real victim in all of this is Madeleine, wherever she is, dead or alive it is one of the most horrendous things that can happen, her dissapearance has been been turned into this years story and the media is loving it, the public across the world are lapping it up and a 3 year old may very well be dead, abused or abducted, its a sign of the times when a tragedy gets turned into a circus like this has, Madeleine is being forgotten while the world speculates on whether the McCanns are guilty of killing their own child or not.

Madeleine should be at the centre of this story, not the press, the police or her parents until it is time to find out what really happened, and that is the time when we know, exactly what has happened.

Edited by k4t0