3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

My guess is its someone in the complex - someone who had seen her and knew the parents well enough (if only by sight) to notice they were on the piss and just checking every so often

I'd start by running the names of everyone there through the BRITISH police computer ..............

I heard yesterday? that the police already had a suspect. I think this means that in the same way with the little girl was snatched from her bath up here, there is obviously a known nonce in the area, and he now can't be found....

Mind, if they had been doing this everynight, it wouldn't have helped

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More to the point they did this nearly every night, even though there were plenty of other options avaialable to them

I read there was a babysitting service available but they decided not to use it. I have to say i wouldn't let someone i know babysit my kids but then again i wouldn't leave them in an unattended villa in a foreign country. Do what everyother caring, sensible parent does, go out earlier for a meal then back to the villa with a carry out if you want to continue drinking.

They've paid the ultimate price for their selfishness imo as I hate to say it but i don't think they'll be seeing her again, well not alive.

I packed my job in this year to look after my son as we didn't want him going to a nursery when he's so young or being looked after by someone I don't know personally or trust. We've had to tighten the purse strings but it hasn't been that bad and we can sleep at night knowing he's getting one on one care and being cared for properly.

Superdad tbh

Does it really matter though? By having a career break or tightening your belt are you not just storing up money problems for the future? Parents are far too untrusting when it comes to care professionals, given the actual reality of the statistics. A controlled nursery environment can actually improve the emotional and interpersonal development required by children in their early years.

I consider 7 months old to young to go into nursery. He'll have plenty of interaction with other kids anyway through the family and friends. Some of them nurserys have got 5+ kids per carer and for that priveledge you pay £30 per day, no thanks.

P.S. I haven't stopped working all together as I'm fortunate enough to still be able to do some work from home.

More to the point they did this nearly every night, even though there were plenty of other options avaialable to them

I read there was a babysitting service available but they decided not to use it. I have to say i wouldn't let someone i know babysit my kids but then again i wouldn't leave them in an unattended villa in a foreign country. Do what everyother caring, sensible parent does, go out earlier for a meal then back to the villa with a carry out if you want to continue drinking.

They've paid the ultimate price for their selfishness imo as I hate to say it but i don't think they'll be seeing her again, well not alive.

I packed my job in this year to look after my son as we didn't want him going to a nursery when he's so young or being looked after by someone I don't know personally or trust. We've had to tighten the purse strings but it hasn't been that bad and we can sleep at night knowing he's getting one on one care and being cared for properly.

Superdad tbh

Does it really matter though? By having a career break or tightening your belt are you not just storing up money problems for the future? Parents are far too untrusting when it comes to care professionals, given the actual reality of the statistics. A controlled nursery environment can actually improve the emotional and interpersonal development required by children in their early years.

I consider 7 months old to young to go into nursery. He'll have plenty of interaction with other kids anyway through the family and friends. Some of them nurserys have got 5+ kids per carer and for that priveledge you pay £30 per day, no thanks.

P.S. I haven't stopped working all together as I'm fortunate enough to still be able to do some work from home.

Didn't realise he was that young, but for me, I guess 3+ wouldn't bother me too much. They obviously need to be walking and talking, otherwise there's no interaction. It's not the carer : kid ratio that impacts development, but actually being with other kids.

Superdad tbh

Didn't realise he was that young, but for me, I guess 3+ wouldn't bother me too much. They obviously need to be walking and talking, otherwise there's no interaction. It's not the carer : kid ratio that impacts development, but actually being with other kids.

They start proper nursery at 3 anyway, have a term there then start reception class at 'big school' :lol:

Superdad tbh

They start proper nursery at 3 anyway, have a term there then start reception class at 'big school' :lol:

Aye I know, that's what I thought you were planning on not doing by staying at home...

Superdad tbh

The comment of a non-parent if ever I heard one.

Children are impressionable. The pick up on absolutely everything and their lives as adults are mapped out by what they learn in childhood. With that in mind I know precisely how I do and don't want my kids brought up and therefore will interrogate any potential child minder with a fine tooth comb. I'd want to know how they'd deal with certain difficult situations etc.

It's amazing when you're stood at school waiting to pick your kid up and you hear the registered childminders from the village talking about the kids they look after as though they're fucking animals. They must think that the other parents aren't listening but we do - no chance in hell I'd ever send my kids there. They may be qualified but their social care stinks.

I've got a hell of a lot of praise for what Wacky's done. I wish I was in a position whereby I could afford to do it. Sadly, I've got my youngest with a childminder and while she's extremely good, I still feel that I am not giving him what I'd like to.

Superdad tbh

The comment of a non-parent if ever I heard one.

Children are impressionable. The pick up on absolutely everything and their lives as adults are mapped out by what they learn in childhood. With that in mind I know precisely how I do and don't want my kids brought up and therefore will interrogate any potential child minder with a fine tooth comb. I'd want to know how they'd deal with certain difficult situations etc.

It's amazing when you're stood at school waiting to pick your kid up and you hear the registered childminders from the village talking about the kids they look after as though they're fucking animals. They must think that the other parents aren't listening but we do - no chance in hell I'd ever send my kids there. They may be qualified but their social care stinks.

I've got a hell of a lot of praise for what Wacky's done. I wish I was in a position whereby I could afford to do it. Sadly, I've got my youngest with a childminder and while she's extremely good, I still feel that I am not giving him what I'd like to.

I was talking about nurseries. And I don't think that would be a valid argument for not using a childminder on the odd night out on holiday. For one on one childminding I would go for someone I know over a registered minder, but the fact is the 'registered' bit is only there to assuade parents irrational fears, I doubt it confers any assessment of their caring abilities

My guess is its someone in the complex - someone who had seen her and knew the parents well enough (if only by sight) to notice they were on the piss and just checking every so often

I'd start by running the names of everyone there through the BRITISH police computer ..............

I think any Brits would struggle to get a stolen child on a plane home tbh.

As for SSH obsession of this kid being molested wtf is wrong with you. We just dont know at the minute so why focus on that being the only outcome.

The pics in the paper yesterday showed the restaraunt was at the opposite end of the hotel so theres no way they could have seen the door. What if one of the babies had started choking or something?

If this had happened on a council estate in newcastle the sun would be villifying the parents calling them worse than scum. But cos they have money its a tragic event. They should have their kids taken off them whatever the outcome.

I hope the lass is found safe and well though

As for SSH obsession of this kid being molested wtf is wrong with you. We just dont know at the minute so why focus on that being the only outcome.

The pics in the paper yesterday showed the restaraunt was at the opposite end of the hotel so theres no way they could have seen the door. What if one of the babies had started choking or something?

If this had happened on a council estate in newcastle the sun would be villifying the parents calling them worse than scum. But cos they have money its a tragic event. They should have their kids taken off them whatever the outcome.

There's nothing wrong with me, I'm just saying what I think has happened

A little lad got taken 15-20 years ago in Greece i think it was, and the authorities believe he was brought up in the country as someones child.

Not to be molested.

No one knows what happened to him. Plus, if that is the case, how would the police already have a suspect? I doubt there is a list of known child traders.

That was the case of Ben Needham IIRC. And yep, they assumed that he had been abducted to be raised as somone else's child and I seem to remember that back then they had an idea who'd done it.

On a side note, I have a mate who lives in Leicester and by chance, knows the family. Says he's been at countless parties with them and that they are very decent people, he'sdumbfounded as to why they left their kids alone, so out of character, and he's seen them leave early from loads of events to be back with their kids.

In my opinion, they've fucked up big time. I just hope to fuck that they get the opportunity to learn from their mistake.

That was the case of Ben Needham IIRC. And yep, they assumed that he had been abducted to be raised as somone else's child and I seem to remember that back then they had an idea who'd done it.

On a side note, I have a mate who lives in Leicester and by chance, knows the family. Says he's been at countless parties with them and that they are very decent people, he'sdumbfounded as to why they left their kids alone, so out of character, and he's seen them leave early from loads of events to be back with their kids.

In my opinion, they've fucked up big time. I just hope to fuck that they get the opportunity to learn from their mistake.

serious question, were they home alone or with babysitters?

He didn't say, but he was implying that they're normally very good parents and that the kids are their lives. To quote him:

"Kate is the most precious mother you can imagine, their kids really are their lives. I have no idea what the fuck they were doing leaving their kids alone in a room this is so out of character for them."

The poor family and little girl, lets pray she turns up safe :lol:

BUT

Are the parents thick as fuck? Leaving a 3 year old whilst they go out jollying it up! Well for meal

Let's save the judgements for later when we know the full facts and just pray the bairn turns up okay. I'm sure the parents are already going through hell without the rest of the world damning them to hell.

Let's save the judgements for later when we know the full facts and just pray the bairn turns up okay. I'm sure the parents are already going through hell without the rest of the world damning them to hell.

I'm with you on this one cath :lol:

Yup, as I said earlier in the thread, all efforts need to be concentrated on finding her, hopefully unharmed.

The inquest into what actually happened needs to wait til later - they need support for a living hell that I for one hope I never have to go through.

That is the most sensible post you've ever made on this forum J69. I fully agree with everything you say especially the bit about the kids being taken from them. It's obvious to me that they can't be trusted to care for their kids properly, it's just unfortunate that it has taken such a tragic event for their inadequacies as parents to be brought to light.

As you say if it was a single parent family form a council estate they would have ripped the whole thing to pieces by now.

As you say if it was a single parent family form a council estate they would have ripped the whole thing to pieces by now.

Trust this forum to turn this into a class war. Just because someone has a little more money than you doesn't make them evil. A little girl has been taken and just because they can afford a holiday they're bad parents? Fuck that.

Trust this forum to turn this into a class war. Just because someone has a little more money than you doesn't make them evil. A little girl has been taken and just because they can afford a holiday they're bad parents? Fuck that.

Think you've missed the point were getting at and being able to afford a holiday doesn't make them bad parents. Leaving three young children in a strange apartment in a foreign country makes them unfit parents imo.

Read the posts properly in future numbnuts :lol:

I did read the posts properly. If you made your last post to comment, fair enough, but both you and J69 had to bring money into it. The two of you both commented how had it been a family from a council estate they'd be ripped to shreds, because they have money they're not. You're turning it into a class war for no reason.

I did read the posts properly. If you made your last post to comment, fair enough, but both you and J69 had to bring money into it. The two of you both commented how had it been a family from a council estate they'd be ripped to shreds, because they have money they're not. You're turning it into a class war for no reason.

IMHO The papers would have been far less sympathetic if the family had of been of 'Jeremy Kyle' proportions - factamondo