3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

I haven't read the whole thread but am I right in assuming people are utterly monging out about them being left?

If so, a couple of my friends have kids and they carelessly leave them on their own for about 7 hours every night. So carelessly asleep.

Absolutely nothing wrong with their plan, going back every 30 minutes/1 hour to check on them.

Difference being if they were in the next room they probably would have heard the window being jemmied open and the lassie screaming.

You mean like that 6 year old who got abducted from her own bath in Blyth or North Shields?

correct me if I am wrong ( and I am sure you will) but did I not read somewhere that the police could find no signs of a forced entry into the apartment ??

Correct, they left the door open as they were scared of fire. ;)

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's correct. Don't see what relevance that has in my point though?

aplogies pedant I was referring to J69's post (I believe) about the window being jemmied open ...

Sounds scarily similar to the soham murders. It should become protocol in situations like this to keep a close eye on the people surrounding the case from the start, anyone taking a keen interest etc.

I was thinking the same - lone bloke who's trying to help with the investigations...

Hope to fuck it's not

I haven't read the whole thread but am I right in assuming people are utterly monging out about them being left?

If so, a couple of my friends have kids and they carelessly leave them on their own for about 7 hours every night. So carelessly asleep.

Absolutely nothing wrong with their plan, going back every 30 minutes/1 hour to check on them.

Difference being if they were in the next room they probably would have heard the window being jemmied open and the lassie screaming.

You mean like that 6 year old who got abducted from her own bath in Blyth or North Shields?

correct me if I am wrong ( and I am sure you will) but did I not read somewhere that the police could find no signs of a forced entry into the apartment ??

Yes, yet only the Daily Mail has reported it. Apparently the Portuguese media is having a field day with the parents, constantly hinting that somehow they're involved.

Yes, yet only the Daily Mail has reported it. Apparently the Portuguese media is having a field day with the parents, constantly hinting that somehow they're involved.

Its prolly the way they look calm and relaxed about the whole situation. Shock hits us in different ways, we had a chat about this in the office this morning and its the way the look so relaxed that makes everyone think "why?" Yet behind closed doors they are prolly distraught?

Its prolly the way they look calm and relaxed about the whole situation. Shock hits us in different ways, we had a chat about this in the office this morning and its the way the look so relaxed that makes everyone think "why?" Yet behind closed doors they are prolly distraught?

prolly?

Nice of the media to be utter cocks and name and show a picture of a bloke who hasn't even been arrested yet.

As per usual, the media have tried and sentenced him already. They're even going into the semantics of how his mother has been campaigning for the safe return of Maddy.

I wish they'd fuck off

Nice of the media to be utter cocks and name and show a picture of a bloke who hasn't even been arrested yet.

As per usual, the media have tried and sentenced him already. They're even going into the semantics of how his mother has been campaigning for the safe return of Maddy.

I wish they'd fuck off

It's the typical British media though isn't it? Trying to be judge, jury and executioner before the poor sods been cuffed.

I wish they'd fuck off

It's the typical British media though isn't it? Trying to be judge, jury and executioner before the poor sods been cuffed.

Most of the general public are the same though....

As sad as it is i'm actually sick of seeing this poor girls face plastered over every TV screen when nothing of note has been going on. Some of the coverage has been ridiculous. You can only push a story without any developments so far before people start swithing off.

I hope she turns up safe and I hope the media show some compassion and do one.

In this case, I think it is a good idea they keep showing her face all over the British media, every day thousands of Brits are travelling to Portugal and Spain for a week or two, keeping her face in the public eye will increase the chances of these people spotting her if shes around.

As sad as it is i'm actually sick of seeing this poor girls face plastered over every TV screen when nothing of note has been going on. Some of the coverage has been ridiculous. You can only push a story without any developments so far before people start swithing off.

In this case, I think it is a good idea they keep showing her face all over the British media, every day thousands of Brits are travelling to Portugal and Spain for a week or two, keeping her face in the public eye will increase the chances of these people spotting her if shes around.

I agree it should be kept in the media but not to the extent it has. It's sickening.

To be fair though, she could be anywhere in the world now?

In your opinion?

I think it is very wrong leaving children alone of that age, especillay in a foriegn country.

Seen a few people say that, I don't really get it, what is it specifically that makes it worse/more dangerous?

Hopefully I don't need to put a disclaimer on this question...

In your opinion?

I think it is very wrong leaving children alone of that age, especillay in a foriegn country.

Seen a few people say that, I don't really get it, what is it specifically that makes it worse/more dangerous?

Hopefully I don't need to put a disclaimer on this question...

Have you ever been to Portugal? When we went we were warned about making sure everything was locked, setting the alarm, not leaving things on view etc. I know there are places just as bad in this country, but holiday makers tend to be a bit thoughtless when it comes to security.

Have you ever been to Portugal? When we went we were warned about making sure everything was locked, setting the alarm, not leaving things on view etc. I know there are places just as bad in this country, but holiday makers tend to be a bit thoughtless when it comes to security.

I haven't. Obviously there are different rules for Baghdad than New York say, it was just the general idea that you're safer at home, I'm not talking about Portugal. Where I live now is safer than anywhere I've lived before, and I still consider it a foreign country.

I haven't. Obviously there are different rules for Baghdad than New York say, it was just the general idea that you're safer at home, I'm not talking about Portugal. Where I live now is safer than anywhere I've lived before, and I still consider it a foreign country.

I think if the post said "especially in Portugal" rather than "in a foreign country", it would have been spot on.

I think if the post said "especially in Portugal" rather than "in a foreign country", it would have been spot on.

;) Cheers for clearing that up.

World of difference between child abduction and organised crime btw (assuming the problem over there is similar to parts of Spain and France) . Not that I've any interest in getting into this. :razz:

I almost always feel safer abroad like, I think it's the absence of pissed up charvers. Portugal was no exception, seems like a nice place despite the obvious poverty.

I almost always feel safer abroad like, I think it's the absence of pissed up charvers. Portugal was no exception, seems like a nice place despite the obvious poverty.

:)

What I meant was Oba was that people are more relaxed on holiday and let their guard down too easy and look what happens?

"Obviously there are different rules for Baghdad than New York say, it was just the general idea that you're safer at home, I'm not talking about Portugal"

funily enough some of the dodgiest places I've been are the safest for kids

In places like Indonesia even the IDEA of abusing small kids doesn't exist - and God help you if you clip one round the earhole in public............