Roeder: We played good football

smoggeordie

United have gone five home games without scoring - the club's worst home run for 56 years - and Roeder admitted: "The inability to score goals has become a major problem that we haven't overcome over the last month or so.

"But it's not as if we're not making chances. We are making plenty of chances but we need to hit the back of the net.

"Goals change games - it gives players belief in themselves. But there were a number of players you wouldn't expect to be showing a lack of confidence - but they are."

Roeder said the "very, very fine" dividing line between winning and losing was demonstratedby the game, adding: "We had as good a chance as any in the game for Kieron Dyer to score. Good save but poor miss, but that was a fantastic chance to take the lead.

"And then we go and concede a debatable goal - a very tight decision went against us.

"Had we not made chances, I could be more critical of the players, but we have made chances - we haven't shown the killer instinct.

"The game was summed up by Michael Owen's one and only opportunity to score. He did well to get round the keeper, he steadied himself, and hit a hell of a shot to bring the game level - but the defender, to give him credit, did very well to get back."

United have gone five home games without scoring - the club's worst home run for 56 years - and Roeder admitted: "The inability to score goals has become a major problem that we haven't overcome over the last month or so.

"But it's not as if we're not making chances. We are making plenty of chances but we need to hit the back of the net.

"Goals change games - it gives players belief in themselves. But there were a number of players you wouldn't expect to be showing a lack of confidence - but they are."

Roeder said the "very, very fine" dividing line between winning and losing was demonstratedby the game, adding: "We had as good a chance as any in the game for Kieron Dyer to score. Good save but poor miss, but that was a fantastic chance to take the lead.

"And then we go and concede a debatable goal - a very tight decision went against us.

"Had we not made chances, I could be more critical of the players, but we have made chances - we haven't shown the killer instinct.

"The game was summed up by Michael Owen's one and only opportunity to score. He did well to get round the keeper, he steadied himself, and hit a hell of a shot to bring the game level - but the defender, to give him credit, did very well to get back."

Is there a player playing with confidence at the mo?

Is there a player playing with confidence at the mo?

Milner.

And Harper certainly has confidence we'd score easily, i mean seriously, halleys comet passes earth quicker than he takes a goal kick.

We played shite with an occassional flash of a decent move. Or have our standards really dropped that far?

You know something. Im sitting here reading various things and commments by GR from today game. Is this bloke seriously fucking demented? Was he at a different game today or what? Im really getting pissed off with his clueless comments. He seriously needs to open his fucking eyes. :lol:

You know something. Im sitting here reading various things and commments by GR from today game. Is this bloke seriously fucking demented? Was he at a different game today or what? Im really getting pissed off with his clueless comments. He seriously needs to open his fucking eyes. :lol:

He's a fucking basketcase. There is no way he can be sane after some of the drivel he's came out with.

there's talking up your team after a loss to give them some morale and then there's glenn talking complete and utter bollocks, sometimes honesty is the best policy

This sums up really why he has to gan like. If he thinks that was a satisfactory performance then he really shouldn't be allowed to take this team into the 2007/08 season basically.

He's tried the 'they're all shite' post match technique. It didn't work.

Didn't work in what sense? At least it would have been true.

They didn't get any better.

I don't think that's the overall aim in a post-match interview tbh

Of course it is. If you've been humped you want to know what went wrong and what needs to be changed to stop it happening again. He made it crystal clear in the interview that he blamed the players after AZ and the following matches, and nothing changed.

Of course it is. If you've been humped you want to know what went wrong and what needs to be changed to stop it happening again. He made it crystal clear in the interview that he blamed the players after AZ and the following matches, and nothing changed.

The players don't come up with tactics on their own you know

Edited by Andrew

The players don't come up with tactics on their own you know

Why are you telling me?

Are you serious? :lol:

Well what is the point then?

I think it's more for the public than the players, don't you? Seriously, are you on a wind up?

I think it's more for the public than the players, don't you? Seriously, are you on a wind up?

I can't see the point in separating the two things. What's he going to do, tell the public they're shite and then big them up in the dressing room in private?