Sir Bobby Robson: fighting cancer again.

Jimbo

Inoperable doesn't mean terminal in this case

Inoperable means he'll be on drugs to control the cancer for the rest of his life. It means what he has cannot be cured and therefore IS terminal.

Was told my Mam's cancer was 'inoperable', it was only after she died that I was told it was actually 'terminal' and that they choose not to use that word.

Best of luck with it all Sir Bob.

Horrible news about Sir Bob :lol:

I can see Renton entering this thread and arguing about your post though Craig. Do you think we could keep the arguments out of here?

bad news :lol:

I hope, whatever the case with this cancer, that sir bobby can enjoy the rest of his life and keep on battling like he says he will. He is truly a great man, and a real hero.

get well soon!

Inoperable means he'll be on drugs to control the cancer for the rest of his life. It means what he has cannot be cured and therefore IS terminal.

Was told my Mam's cancer was 'inoperable', it was only after she died that I was told it was actually 'terminal' and that they choose not to use that word.

Cancer is not curable completely. He has always required reassessment, which is what probably spotted this early. Cheomotherapy can do just as good a job as an operation in this case, as you can't remove his lungs, hence 'inoperable', but not terminal. You're on borrowed time from the first diagnosis, which in Bob's case was decades ago

Bollocks.

You forgot to include your medical qualifications in that incredibly detailed and well thought out post.

And I would need medical qualifications to dismiss something that is blatantly complete bollocks because....

Cancer is not curable completely. He has always required reassessment, which is what probably spotted this early. Cheomotherapy can do just as good a job as an operation in this case, as you can't remove his lungs, hence 'inoperable', but not terminal. You're on borrowed time from the first diagnosis, which in Bob's case was decades ago

Bollocks.

You forgot to include your medical qualifications in that incredibly detailed and well thought out post.

I've just asked a Neurosurgeon and he says it's bollocks.

Bollocks.

And I would need medical qualifications to dismiss something that is blatantly complete bollocks because....

You can't just pidgeon hole cancer, there are different forms which have completely different levels of aggression.

I've said before and i'll say it again. He's one of the only men in football who's death will move me to tears.

Too true. Same here probably. An overwhelmingly great guy.

I've said before and i'll say it again. He's one of the only men in football who's death will move me to tears.

Too true. Same here probably. An overwhelmingly great guy.

+ 1

Just spoken to wor lass who works with children who have cancer and she says whoever said inoperable means its terminal is talking out their arse

Trust me shes just been ranting about it....I wont put you guys through that

(she did go onto say in this case though it could be the end of the big fella) something to do with multiple regions and no one single centre :lol:

I've just heard this sad news :D I've had 5live on a fair bit today, but didnt hear this reported at all. It does put things into perspective, absolutely gutted, poor Sir Bobby, he's had more than a person should have to deal with, lets hope he can fight it again. But sadly I just think this time is once too much :lol:

I was in the glass atrium on Saturday when Sir Bob arrived, a strange but respectful hush went over the whole place as everything came to a stansdstill as he was assisted across to the lifts by two of the officials. He seemed unsteady on his feet and looked very unwell,but still managed to smile for a young kid who wanted to take his picture.

A true Geordie legend and a one of a kind.

Get well soon Bobby.