Just saw this car...

smoggeordie

ps gemmill. Despite what you claim rosicky is pronounced like (im yet to see the proof) rosikey and rosicky are still phonetically the same. Which was my original point.

Love the way you use phonetics to try and prove your point, when in fact it actually does the opposite.

Phonetically, Rosicky is Ro-sits-kii. It's his name. That's how you pronounce it, phonetically.

Are you missing that point on purpose?

<_< The number plate and the word ROSICKY are phonetically the same. This is the point of the thread. He spotted a number plate that could quite conceivably belong to the footballer of the same name. I got that in 1. As im sure everyone else did. But the famous toontastic wit came into play, backed up by 2 or 3 others who obviously thought it was a hilarious joke. It wasnt. I pointed that out. The last 2 pages dont disprove that.

No, it's just some people didn't understand it, based on the fact that you don't say his name like that. Obviously we're not as clever as you though :D

This much is true but you can seek solace in the fact that you are more cultured than me and have superior knowledge of czech pronunciations :lol:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread was meant to be funny, not world war 3 :lol:

Do you think I should invade this thread and give a lecture about Polish/Czech pronunciation of names?

If it helps us come to terms with signing a number plate..yes!

This thread was meant to be funny, not world war 3 :D

Do you think I should invade this thread and give a lecture about Polish/Czech pronunciation of names?

Please do! :lol:

This thread was meant to be funny, not world war 3 :D

Please do! :lol:

The c - k in Rosicky are pronounced separately and not as "key". "cky" is typical slavic ending of names. It's similar to the endings ski (as very often found in names of Polish origin) or even zky etc. where you never even would get the idea not to pronounce the z, s. Just like in Sibierski or Gretzky for example.

Therefore the correct phonetical writing would be ˈrɔsitskiː. This would look shit on a number plate though.

I think certain people are feigning stupidity in the hope they appear witty and dry when everyone knew what you meant really

Well if you're meaning me then no I wasnt feigning stupidity I still dont know who we mean :lol: Im not even sure how someone could then appear witty later on (personally I dont think the "I dont know what you're on about...only joking course I do lol!!!!!11!!! WTF!1!" really works tbs tbs

Still no doubt you're sitting there chuckling behind your keyboard at how clever you are.

I also saw a number plate today it said

J69 COK

For the love of god, will you lot stop sniping at each other. It's blatantly fucking obvious what the point of the first post in this thread was and people are just being arsey for the fucking sake of it, and because it was contributed to by J69. It's not fucking necessary.

Edited by catmag

For the love of god, will you lot stop sniping at each other. It's blatantly fucking obvious what the point of the first post in this thread was and people are just being arsey for the fucking sake of it, and because it was contributed to by J69. It's not fucking necessary.

No, it wasn't. That's the reason the thread went the way it did :lol:

No, it wasn't. That's the reason the thread went the way it did :lol:

Well it was to me.

No, it wasn't. That's the reason the thread went the way it did :D

Well it was to me.

Clearly didn't know how to pronounce Rosicky then :lol:

No, it wasn't. That's the reason the thread went the way it did <_<

Well it was to me.

Clearly didn't know how to pronounce Rosicky then :lol:

You're all pedantic fuckers :D

Actually Cath if you check back it started getting arsey with his first post and suggesting we were on the wind up.

I genuinely wasn't and neither was Pud it seems hence why we replied the way we did. I even at one point said I was giving up on the thread because of the way J69 had turned it.

But still he carried on.

The thread was shite, some people got it, a lot didn't and we're "too fucking thick to work it out". Not hard to work out who started the arsey-ness! :lol:

Anyone who didn't know that the first post was meant to be a hint at 'Rosicky' is gonna get decked from me tbh.

Bring it on then cos I didn't get it :lol:

Anyone who didn't know that the first post was meant to be a hint at 'Rosicky' is gonna get decked from me tbh.

I'd knack you tbh, You're quite blatantly an uphill gardener.

I'd knack you tbh, You're quite blatantly an uphill gardener.

I can confirm this.