De La Hoya v Mayweather

Gemmill

Quality fight. Gutted De La Hoya didn't win it, but it was ridiculously close and I think Mayweather probably did enough late on unfortunately.

Anyone else watch it?

I'm gutted too, although the result is just as I predicted, Mayweather is complete tosser, but sadly a fantastic boxer, I've always been a big DLH fan but the thing that will blight his entry in the record books is that he lost nearly all of his big fights:

Hopkins

Mayweather

Mosely x 2

Trinidad

I could only listen to it on the radio, who had Mayweather as a clear winner, whilst the bbc round by round update had it a draw, I SKY+ it and am now going to watch and score it myself.

I'm gutted too, although the result is just as I predicted, Mayweather is complete tosser, but sadly a fantastic boxer, I've always been a big DLH fan but the thing that will blight his entry in the record books is that he lost nearly all of his big fights:

Hopkins

Mayweather

Mosely x 2

Trinidad

I could only listen to it on the radio, who had Mayweather as a clear winner, whilst the bbc round by round update had it a draw, I SKY+ it and am now going to watch and score it myself.

:lol: The result wont change you know!

Fancy yourself as a boxing judge do you? Me, I used to be a contender! :D

Hopkins

Mayweather

Mosely x 2

Trinidad

:lol: The result wont change you know!

Fancy yourself as a boxing judge do you? Me, I used to be a contender! <_<

:D

Its clearly a close fight, if I don't score it I won't be able to honestly say who I though won !

Anyway, I had it a draw 115 - 115, a couple of rounds I scored even, I wouldn't argue the toss either way, I can't quite see how one of the judges gave it to Mayweather 116-112, that seems too wide for me.

Anyway, I had it a draw 115 - 115, a couple of rounds I scored even, I wouldn't argue the toss either way, I can't quite see how one of the judges gave it to Mayweather 116-112, that seems too wide for me.

Best e-mail Oscar with your findings, it'll no doubt ease his pain. :lol:

Best e-mail Oscar with your findings, it'll no doubt ease his pain. :lol:

I already have, but to be honest, I think he's too busy counting the £22m he won for losing that fight. :D

Boxing is shit and only one step above professional wrestling.

I feel far more comfortable with my appreciation of the sport having read that.

:lol:

*I guess you'd prefer a KAPOW ! BIFF ! and BANG ! bubble to appear whenever a blow was landed ?

:D

Boxing is shit and only one step above professional wrestling.

I'd say that was true with Heavy Weight bouts, but the other weight classes can produce some really good contests.

Speaking about shite heavyweights, was out for lunch today and as we were leaving Glen McCory held the door open for me, he knew not to mess about like. He was with a black, Cuban looking bloke who looked like he could kill you with one jab!

Said "Cheers Glen" as I past, made his day.

Speaking about shite heavyweights, was out for lunch today and as we were leaving Glen McCory held the door open for me, he knew not to mess about like. He was with a black, Cuban looking bloke who looked like he could kill you with one jab!

The staff in McDonalds are trained to be couteous to customers. :lol:

Record $120m for Mayweather fight

Floyd Mayweather's super welterweight victory over Oscar de la Hoya grossed $120m (£60m), confirming it as the richest fight in boxing history.

The previous richest fight was the 2002 heavyweight bout between Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis, which made $112m (£56m).

Reports suggest De la Hoya will earn a $45m (£22.5m) purse for the WBC title clash, which took place in Las Vegas.

Mayweather, who said he would retire despite his win by split decision, is expected to get around $20m (£10m).

The fight also attracted a record 2.15m pay-per-view buys.

The previous record for buys was 1.99m, generated by the second meeting between Tyson and Evander Holyfield in 1997, the infamous "Bite Fight" when Tyson bit Holyfield's ear.

Tyson and Holyfield both received $35m for that fight.

Cruiserweight wasn't he?

Guest alex

Cruiserweight wasn't he?

Both. Cruiserweight world champion but he was a slimmed-down heavyweight really. I'd guess most of his bouts were at heavyweight though thinking back.

Cruiserweight wasn't he?

Both. Cruiserweight world champion but he was a slimmed-down heavyweight really. I'd guess most of his bouts were at heavyweight though thinking back.

Correctamundo !

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=4165