Booing Bramble and Dyer

peasepud

So come on, who did it?

Personally I felt it was disgraceful, yes I slagged Dyer off during the game as he was purely shite, Bramble however made one or two mistakes but generally had one of his usual games.

But booing a player when theyre subbed is quite shite imho. I refused to clap Dyer as he didnt deserve applause however the booing of Bramble made me (and a few around me) even more determined to applaud him.

I dont disagree with booing the team off, as a whole they deserved it but individual players should not be booed when being subbed. Some people it seems have short memories, its not that long ago when the same people were booing Ramage off the pitch now they applaud the fact he was replacing Bramble.

:lol:

Booing as a whole is counter-productive. I can understand why it happens because the fans frustrations are boiling over and it is the way they feel they can express their disgust and it be noticed.

Problem is, the management are never going to take notice of it to the point of taking the action the fans want as it'll look like they've been totally undermined and that people will think they can do it again and again to get what they want.

We need a decent manager running this club, NOT the fans. The displeasure needs to be directed at the boardroom and the management. Booing the players on the pitch is only going to result in their confidence taking a further dive.

I'll never boo them, on or off the pitch. Not just the fact its something 7yr olds do and I find it really strange grown men shouting "BOOOO!" :lol: but I just dont see the point. What is it going to achieve? On te pitch is shocking, totally. When a player is getting subbed is also, how we expect them to improve when fans do that. The whole team was shite yesterday bar maybe Milner.

I was sitting in the Milburn paddock, nine rows up from the dugout, spitting distance from Roader.

....sorry, that's all I wanted to say...

:lol: I agree with Peter, I thought it was disgraceful too. Bramble looked down & pissed off when subbed after I thought he had a decent game. There's just no need for it. I didn't clap Dyer off, but again the booing was pathetic.

As for the game itself, I didn't see any form of tactics out there yesterday. I know we have some players with the wrong attitude who aren't good enough, but as I say most of the players look lost because there's just no system being played at all. Roeder has to go asp, imo.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Short memories? How many people wouldn't touch Sam Allardyce with a barge pole last year? Short memories are abound in football.

Last year we still thought the fat man would try and find a good manager. When he dismissed talk of Hitzfeld (and any other foreigner) we had to wake up to the fact that we're going to have an English manager, of which, Allardyce is about the best. :lol:

I can't blame the fans for booing shit players such as Dyer and Bramble, but what really made it look pathetic is the fact that they cheerd the two who came one (Ameobi and Ramage)

Btw,when your manager takes Bramble off and replaces him with Ramage, thats when you know he lost the plot..

I think it came out of frustration more then anything, we are playing the last home game of the season and the players are showing no passion, no desire and no abillty whatsoever, i am suprised some people actually stayed and applauded the players in the lap of honour...

Edited by Newcastle Fan

Short memories? How many people wouldn't touch Sam Allardyce with a barge pole last year? Short memories are abound in football.

Last year we still thought the fat man would try and find a good manager. When he dismissed talk of Hitzfeld (and any other foreigner) we had to wake up to the fact that we're going to have an English manager, of which, Allardyce is about the best. :lol:

I honestly think Fred thought he could bring a top manager in, what with his 3rd 2nd 1st shite. When reality hit home he was in the shit.

Btw,when your manager takes Bramble off and replaces him with Ramage, thats when you know he lost the plot..

That what I thought, losing 1-0 at home and you make a like for like swap with central defenders. Wtf? Was the intention purely to humiliate Bramble?

The other sub was equally bad, we desperately needed some creativity to break down Blackburn so he replaces Dyer with Shola????

It's like he was reacting purely to the crowd. Woeful management, the man has proved himself even worse than Souness. Who would have thought that was possible?

Viana got that treatment after playing for us for little over a year. At least he took the hint and found another club.

Those two have hung on for five years, and taken at least £15 million in wages without delivering much in return. Do you think they've spent so long here out of a determination to succeed, or the fact that nobody is daft enough to pay them what we're paying?

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

Viana got that treatment after playing for us for little over a year. At least he took the hint and found another club.

Those two have hung on for five years, and taken at least £15 million in wages without delivering much in return.

15 million has got to be a gross underestimate, and doesn't even include their transfer fees, which we won't get back.

i didnt just boo them i booed the hole team with the exepction of michael owen,nicky but and milner who in my eyes done well gooch also had a good game

i didnt just boo them i booed the hole team with the exepction of michael owen,nicky but and milner who in my eyes done well gooch also had a good game

So you reckon Owen worked harder than Martins? :lol:

Thats borne out of the Shearer school of supporting tbh, ie its Michael Owen hes too good to criticise.

Personally I thought Nobby, Milner and Butt were the only ones who should escape the criticism (even then Butt didnt have anything like the game hes capable of). Gooch had an ok game but frankly hes not good enough for the Premiership (cue Roeder announcing a new 5 year mega money deal for the lad) to me he always looks scared of the ball as if he doesnt know what to do with it.